The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Yes beta, that's what I've been telling in the past 2 pages. What we have to do with cmd + enter in FX, can be done just like that in Safari.

By the way, I want to know how to enter cool characters like the cmd symbol,apple logo, u of uTorrent, etc..?

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
By the way, I want to know how to enter cool characters like the cmd symbol,apple logo, u of uTorrent, etc..?

I wanted to ask this long time, Shift + Alt + any char prints some characters, apple logo as we know is Shift + Alt +k ( I guess works only in Safari ) but my question is how do we print that character on the cmd key on Macbooks.
There are two symbols in cmd key one is apple ( which we know ) the other is a design, how to print it ?? Also the alt key has some sign, similar is the case with some other keys .... so how do we print them ??

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Here's one way I know.

All these symbols can be found in the character pallete, accessible by clicking the flag on the menu bar. You can simply drag/double click the symbols into any text field after that.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
This is the keyboard shortcut for the character palette (available when you're typing in any Cocoa application): ⌘⌥T

All these symbols are available under 'Symbols >> Technical Symbols' in the palette. Double-clicking on any will insert it into the text field. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Dammit! So much discussions going on an I missed it!

Buffalo (Animal): My dad said the price for a healthy female buffalo ready to give birth and subsequently, milk should cost around 8-10k. A male one on the other hand should cost around 11-12k. All depends on how healthy it is, how big it is, and what breed it is.

Buffalo (Drive): Dealer said Buffalo has horrible support in India. They don't have proper service centres. The three times he made special orders for his customers, both times the drive had some issues and it took months to get a replacement. He said he could get me the stuff, but I would have to lookout for my warranty on my own. FW800 rules btw!

As for best FTP client, well, Transmit is my choice. I don't really use it that much being that FTP is built into Coda, but when I used to use it, it was pretty neat. Pretty sure it offered the merging of folders and such.

Btw, I'm a big fan of your blog. Even though I know it hasn't been updated, I still visit it now and then (yeah, I don't use RSS). So keep on writing.

And why am I not included in the list of potential helpers for new design? (though I can't really, working on pretty urgent things :) )

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I didn't say you aren't. I just said that you "need not apply". :p

Thanks for the information about that buffalo, man. I'll let you guys know what the milk tastes like. :D

I'm going for the LaCie. FireWire FTW. (Here I come TVT, HDB, TL, BS, iTunes and all that is good and holy in this world.) 8)

Since grudgy says that Coda has synchronisation, I'll give it a whirl again. If not, then I'll choose Transmit (which is supposed to be built into Coda anyway).

My blog will have four readers. WOW, I'm psyched! :)

@goobimama,
Why have you stopped commenting on MacUser? I used to look forward to reading your comments (and deleting them on a whim was fun too :twisted:). Preshit still shows up in the comment moderation queue every now and then, which is always welcome. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
Internet dude! Internet! I can only come max twice to the office. During that time there is no time to comment (except on this forum!).

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
you mean Amy Winehouse kindda music !! I love her albums man especially that video song of hers back to black, its one of the best I 've seen

Oh with personal blogs I remember once saying that I ll be regular on dr's blog but I never did!! Honestly I forgot, but now I'll see to it that I check out dr and arya's blogs!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
In this one topic, we've discussed so many different things, have had so many laughs and debates and wacky stuff... man, this seriously is one cool place to be. :D

drgrudge

Aayush -- Me too like Country Genre but unfortunately not listened to that many songs. I like
1. John Denver - Country Road
2. Johnny Cash - I walk the line

Any recommendations?

By the way, what are you guys downloading from Stage6?

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Rascall Flatts are supposed to be really good. They are country rock.

I personally do not listen, just heard that they are really good.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I have Rascal Flatts' entire catalogue – all their songs and almost all their music videos. :D

I love 'em. My favourites so far are Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney and Rascal Flatts. I'm searching for more...

drgrudge

Shall I move this thread to Chit Chat?

Why?
1. Less than 33% of the discussions are Apple related (not that the other 67% is bad)
2. Post Count is disabled
3. QnA is not a proper section for the topic that we've in hand.

What you guys say? If many agree with me, I'll move it to Chit Chat.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
No, yaar. C'mon, most of it is QnA.

Chit Chat is full of crappy topics.

I vote no. (And since I'm the thread-starter, my one vote equals twenty-three. And I'm voting thrice.) :p

It's just one thread anyway. It's not like what we post here is interfering with the rest of the forum and unlike the topics in the Chit Chat section, this one isn't full of junk.

1. Less than 33% of the discussions are Apple related (not that the other 67% is bad)
I think it's the other way round. :)

narangz

Web developer
Shall I move this thread to Chit Chat?

Why?
2. Post Count is disabled
3. QnA is not a proper section for the topic that we've in hand.

What you guys say? If many agree with me, I'll move it to Chit Chat.

No. Although I guess my vote will not be counted as I am not a Mac user. :p

Top Bottom