The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

narangz

Web developer
My money is on new MacBooks or MacBook Pros and something else to go along with it.

I think the iPhone SDK will come on February 29th. It's not a product so they don't have to launch it on a Tuesday and what better day to launch such a potentially transformational thing than one that comes only once every four years! :p

This is how (note the date). My most accurate prediction ever. :D

OK. I read your article :) Well let's see what happens today :D

I've my money on you. Go Aayush go! :p

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Yes.

@aayush:
The one thing Apple can't let go is the combo-drive in the MacBook. :|
See. I'll have to go buy the 2nd model now :(

And there's a 2GB iPod Shuffle too.

Last edited:

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Fcuk Macbook is still plastic. Moreover they have refreshed the macbooks now which measn that there would be no metallic mac books for another year:(

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Top 3 reasons why Preshit still can't happily buy the Macbook

1. White Plastic - I know. But I'm too scared to venture out with something as white as the MacBook. Plus, my area has all the dust in the world to live in.
2. Combo Drive - I mean, WTF ? They forgot it had a combodrive ? Or may be it's just intentional so that people buy the next model in line.
3. LED Backlit - This is just one great feature to have. Agree ?

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Top 3 reasons why Preshit still can't happily buy the Macbook

1. White Plastic - I know. But I'm too scared to venture out with something as white as the MacBook. Plus, my area has all the dust in the world to live in.
2. Combo Drive - I mean, WTF ? They forgot it had a combodrive ? Or may be it's just intentional so that people buy the next model in line.
3. LED Backlit - This is just one great feature to have. Agree ?

Add my name too. These are the reason I am waiting to get the Macbook

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Amazing product. This MBP. Now with Multitouch, 200 GB HDD (base), 8600GT (256 B base) and Penryn processors (2.4 Ghz base). But the Apple Remote is an Add on for $20.

Preshit,
Go for MBP yaar. It might not be that heavy after all. MBP looks very tempting now. If you're buying from the USA, the price difference for a similar product in India is almost negligible. You'll love the screen of MBP. Forget the MB...

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
@Dr:
In a Laptop, I always want portability first. My Compaq too is 14-inch. The 15-incher MBP is way to big for me. Also, I somehow don't like to see the mesh on the sides of the keyboard.

But yea, the MBP indeed looks tempting now. I'm the sole Mac User in here with slow processor and less RAM. I wan't to make the move. But just that I don't consider the MacBook Pro the right thing for me.

I am considering the MacBook 2nd Model right now. Will start convincing parents from now. ( Planning to do a Mac-based project in TY :D )

dinesh72

Journeyman
As i mentioned earlier was it worth waiting till today, yes it was!
The base model is now with 2.4ghz, 2 gb ram and 200 gb hdd and that too at very low price than earlier 2000$. apple india is still showing 132000/- for the similar spec.
I am getting MBP. When do u think it'll be available in India.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
These days, it doesn't take more than a month... if you're lucky.

The Indian Online Store will be updated in a week or two. :)

drgrudge

@Dr:
In a Laptop, I always want portability first. My Compaq too is 14-inch. The 15-incher MBP is way to big for me. Also, I somehow don't like to see the mesh on the sides of the keyboard.

But yea, the MBP indeed looks tempting now. I'm the sole Mac User in here with slow processor and less RAM. I wan't to make the move. But just that I don't consider the MacBook Pro the right thing for me.

I am considering the MacBook 2nd Model right now. Will start convincing parents from now. ( Planning to do a Mac-based project in TY :D )
What is TY?

The MBP can be used as a desktop replacement as well plus as a lappy. I'm sure MacBook won't give as much performance as MBP while running pro apps or games, etc. But then your wish. When are you planning to buy?

dinesh72 -
Apple give 30 day money back guarantee if there's no harm done to the Mac. So you can return it and get a new Mac. :p Anyways I'm not sure if that policy is here in India too.

Buy in Dubai man, it's cheaper there.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
TY = Third Year :p
I want to buy right away. But have to wait till I convince my parents ( even though it's my own hard-earned money )

drgrudge

Parents authorization is very important, IMO. I also paid $2k for my MBP with my hard earned money (33% of that from my blog earnings :D) but I never would've brought if my parents would've said no.

So what's in store the Mac Mini? What price?

narangz

Web developer
Parents authorization is very important, IMO. I also paid $2k for my MBP with my hard earned money (33% of that from my blog earnings :D) but I never would've brought if my parents would've said no.

So what's in store the Mac Mini? What price?

Dr. what's your blog address?

@Aayush- When are you going to update your site?

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
OMG !!!!! The MacBook Pro 17" has an amazing piece of hardware in it.
The new Douple-Layer SuperDrive.
See here
It's like a Blu-Ray + HD-DVD + DVD All in one.

LOL!

Top Bottom