The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
My mac mini has been lying around, unused, ignored, in a dusty corner of the house wearing a plaintive look that can best be translated as- “Boot me. Please”. To add insult to injury, my brother has been booting Windows XP on it (Dual boot using Bootcamp) and playing games on it.

For Mac OS X, that is the unkindest cut of all. Being ignored while a buggy piece of bloatware from the beast in Redmond uses that beautiful piece of compact hardware like a Hindi movie villian looting izzat from the hero’s sister.

Tamil Radio ads for Apple products.

Great read there. The audio part is in Tamil but nevertheless listen to it even if you can't understand.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Ya'll know that Combo-Drive issue of mine ?

This thread on Apple Discussions tells me that I'm not really alone.

**Do read the replies. Someone upgraded to .5.2 and his drive lost CD burning capabilities, but gained DVD burning ones.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
hmm my 250gb passport came with only 1 tiny little usb cord thats the power that the transfer cord :p
Really? WOW! I didn't know that such drives existed. Is one of these drives available in a larger capacity, what's the price of the one you've got and is it Western Digital's? Isn't USB slow? Do they sell any with the option of FireWire 800?

Update: Buffalo, TrekStor and G-Technology (weird names, I know) have 500GB portable external USB-powered hard drives. Is there any way to buy their products in India?

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
LOL! Do. Please do.

Information about the drive would be cool too, but the animal is extremely important, so make sure you get that. :p

@Everyone,
Read my story about the Apple Store going down today when it is published later (I'll post a link). I personally think it is my best piece yet. :)

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You've subscribed to this thread via email?

This just happened to me. Safari gone weird:

*img165.imageshack.us/img165/8805/weirdsafarifr7.jpg

It automatically returned to normal in a couple of minutes.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, that's what I said. You're subscribed to this via email.

Here it is: Breaking News: The Apple Store goes down

I typed this twenty minutes before the store actually went down. :p

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
That was refreshingly interesting :)

--------------------------------------------

The Apple India Store now lists 1GB iPod Shuffle for Rs. 2700.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
That subscription thing. Why do you subscribe via email? This topic gets so many replies. Doesn't your inbox get flooded?

Change the Default Thread Subscription Mode to 'No email notification' and then just visit the Subscribed Threads page every now and then. You can see all your subscribed threads which have received new replies. It's much more efficient. :)

------------------

Pingdom works, by the way. :)

*img81.imageshack.us/img81/5868/pingdomworkset2.jpg

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
My money is on new MacBooks or MacBook Pros and something else to go along with it.

I think the iPhone SDK will come on February 29th. It's not a product so they don't have to launch it on a Tuesday and what better day to launch such a potentially transformational thing than one that comes only once every four years! :p

How in the earth you knew that? :confused:
This is how (note the date). My most accurate prediction ever. :D

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
I don't think it's coz of the SDK release. Stevie would trumpet something that big louder than the moon landing.

But it is a tuesday.....

Top Bottom