The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Woah Dr! Congrats! Welcome to the Family!

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/f0a50844ff.jpg

I'm sure many have seen this on TUAW. At first I thought it was stupid. But then I realised I never really used those buttons at the bottom. Looks clean now.

iChat Pro

I missed Adium's compact contact list after switching to iChat and never used the extra buttons on the bottom, so I made this mod.

*www.infinisedesign.net/images/downloads_big/ichatpro.jpg

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Hey Fellas,

What to export a movie as in iMovie so that I can copy it over network and use Nero to burn as a VCD ( Since my writer in my Mac is broken )

Exporting it as .avi effs up the quality.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Uninstalled Saft and helmet thing. Inquisitor seems to be good.

Also no ads at this point of time, but I'll install Safari Adblocker. Too lazy to do it right now.

goobi -
I was a Fanboy, even before I started using Apple products. :D I think I'll buy iPhone too, at Rs 15.5K, it seems to be a good buy.

Also can you tell me how to do the kind of highlight you used. I was searching a lot but I couldn't use a proper keyword for it. Can you please point out a tut or tell me how to do it.

goobimama

 Macboy
Not really sure what you mean there. Highlight for the screenshot I took?
Duplicate layer > use the marquee tool > drag out the part you want to highlight > "Select > Inverse" > Fill with black > Reduce Opacity

Also, can't you do this stuff with Skitch?

If you were talking about the iChat Pro thing, then I haven't done it. Though it's not too difficult to do.

goobimama

 Macboy
Perian currently supports SSA and SRT subtitles. I don't think it plays sub/idx. Currently that's only for VLC. But then again, SRTs are like really small in size.

drgrudge

Perian currently supports SSA and SRT subtitles. I don't think it plays sub/idx. Currently that's only for VLC. But then again, SRTs are like really small in size.
The point of .idx + .sub is you get many languages in a single thing. That's the reason they're bigger in size. I've even seen upto 8 language (inc. Hindi) in file. No need to have separate .srt for each language. Plus It's only QT doesn't seem to support .sub, major player in Windows do support it. :p We're doing 1.34/2.01GB downloads, a 10MB extra won't harm. I guess I'll use VLC itself.

And that highlight thing can't be done in Skitch. Thanks.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ The guy is crazy. He's actually interested in that lame highlighting job done on the "mac fanboy" screenshot I did. Weird.

As for Srts, I don't really dig into that much. Most of the HD movies contain subs themselves which Perian reads pretty well. And if there's the rare avi that I need subtitles for, I just get the single file (english only).

What I meant with srt being small was, that if you suddenly needed it, it's not so big to download. Still, I find you are more comfortable with VLC. Use it, for what it's worth.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
@ 00:40 hours, I'm told that my startup disk is almost full.
I find that the file that was being saved was over 9GB in size :|
Next, I find iMovie stops saving the file and gives me no error popup at all. I go to find the file but cannot. The thing doesn't exist.
Can someone explain the above me ?

@Milind:
:|

goobimama

 Macboy
I have not much experience with iMovie. The last time I created a video, it was quite long and produced a 2GB file size. (640*480 iSight DV quality)

How long is your movie? What resolution are you exporting at? Cause you don't need to export higher than 320*240 (the resolution of a VCD).

Also, I assume you are using the old iMovie right?

Last edited:

drgrudge

^^
No. I'm not a famous dude to be afraid of Paparazzi.

Edit:
Google point me to a small utility to capture screenshot. Why would I need it unless I want to take a screenshot of the entire page of a site (ie from top to bottom)?

goobimama

 Macboy
Uh...well if you don't need to take a screenshot of a web page, then no, it's useless. I just thought you being into web designs and such might find it useful. Cause this is the only way you can do that...

drgrudge

I read the article and it's hilarious. :lol:

By the way, did anyone check out the Aperture tuts? They're awesome and I've seen some 40% of the videos and trying out the the same to my Library. In 4-5 days, we can become a semi pro. :D

Top Bottom