The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Why would you say it's not from the cat family? Maybe some documentation to prove your theory?

Tip: If you want to create a very quick text slideshow with no presentation at all, then all you have to do is type out your stuff in a text file and open it in quicktime. It will show one paragraph as one slide ;)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
MacUser-ed! Thanks! ;)

I've been taught this since primary school. Lions don't belong to the cat family. I might be wrong though...

goobimama

 Macboy
I quote some random dude:
I did a comparrison of Lightroom 1.0, Aperture 1.5, Adobe Camera RAW and Capture One 3.7 in terms of RAW processing just to see which one was best and found that, in my test and opinion, Capture One gave the best result with Aperture a very close second and Lightroom (due to it's cost over ACR), a distant fourth My Article Here

I've now just completed another test using Aperture 2.0 and Lightroom 1.3 and again Aperture does seem to be better at RAW processing than Lightroom. However Lightroom 1.3's new sharpening algorithm is vastly superior to that in 1.0 and better than the one in Aperture 2.0 by quite a margin article can be seen here

I'd still much prefer to use Aperture over Lightroom but I might be tempted to use Photoshop CS3's Smart Sharpen filter to get the sharpness that could be achieved with Lightroom on it's own.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Forgive me, I'm really friggin irritated at the moment.

I spent over 3 hours trying to write a project made in iMovie to someone who wanted it burnt on a CD. I tried all export options, all kinds of burn methods but the %^$^*&*%*** thing just didn't want to be.

Someone please tell me what's the best way to do this. What to export as, in iMovie and What to burn as in T&T :|

Also, if you're thinking why it took me 3 hours ? Here's the thing.

I am not able to burn anything using my Mac's CD-Writer. It goes 100% Burning but then throws up a Lead-in and Lead-out error. There were some really weird errors being thrown up. I wasted 4 CDs in the process.

I'm sorry again, I may not sound as sane as I am, but that's just because I'm brainfscked at the moment.

goobimama

 Macboy
brainfsked? What's that? :)

Anyway, if your writer is throwing tantrums, try different media. If it still persists, get it replaced.

So what's the problem really, exporting it, or burning it to CD?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You need to Toast Titanium, first and foremost, to burn a Video CD. Mac OS X only supports DVDs by default. :)

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
brainfsked? What's that? :)
Just one of the many self-made words I used.

Anyway, if your writer is throwing tantrums, try different media. If it still persists, get it replaced.
Oh? Different media? The only media I can burn is a CD. I I already wasted 4 different CDs, each throwing the same error after 100% burn.

So what's the problem really, exporting it, or burning it to CD?
Burning it. The first of my queries was because I just wanted to know which format was preferred in a scenario where the clients wants it on a VCD.

You need to Toast Titanium, first and foremost, to burn a Video CD. Mac OS X only supports DVDs by default. :)

.....What to burn as in T&T :|
By T&T, I actually meant TT ( or Toast Titanium ). I do have the App. It's the one that throws up the error.

Any way to diagnose the error ?

goobimama

 Macboy
Different media as in different company. Like instead of Sony CDR, you use Imation CDR.

As for burning to VCD, you can export to pretty much any format that iMovie allows. Toast will have to reencode it anyway cause there's no export to Mpeg1.

goobimama

 Macboy
Get the writer replaced dude. Just get it replaced.

Although, do waste one more CD by trying to burn with Disk Utility or something. In case it's a software problem.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
Got to check if this one is a new feature to 10.5.2. If select a plain text url like *goobimama.blogspot.com/ (okay the forum automatically puts these URL tags making it a proper link) and then right click, you get a Go to Address, Go to Address in New Tab, and such. This I'm pretty sure wasn't there in Tiger, though I'm not sure about 10.5.1.

praka123

left this forum longback
Reality beyond apple,jobes and boys :

A site every boys should have a look:

*www.appledefects.com/

^ look for uptodate vulnerabilities :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@DARK LORD,
In Toast Titanium, choose Video CD from the Video section and drag your video file(s) into that area and burn it. If there isn't something wrong with your drive, you should be able to burn it without any issues. :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I'm downloading the Apple Aperture 2 Tutorials from Brokenstones but some tuts are missing. Any idea as how I can download from Apple site? *www.apple.com/aperture/tutorials/

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ You will have to wait for the movie to load, after which you right-click as "Save as Quicktime Movie". Again, you will need quicktime pro for that.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmmm... time to get QT Pro. :twisted:

OK, how can I install QT Pro? Will I've both QT and QT Pro?

Last edited:
Top Bottom