The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Man you guys talk about 10.5.2, gosh I am stuck on 10.4 ..

@goobi
I never minimize I only press cmd + h (I don't think it equals minimizing), but you know what from the time I switched to Mac I started liking many windows open at a time, I hated that when I was on Lin and Win

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, that's one of the many things that change with your mindset when you switch to a Mac. :)

The Apple Store: “We’ll be back soon.”

goobimama

 Macboy
Woah! Aperture 2!

*store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/product-details/aperture_learnmore_screens.jpg

Over 100 new features in Aperture 2, including:
- Image adjustment controls such as Highlight Recovery, Definition, Vibrancy, and Vignette
- Retouch tool with soft-edged brush to remove unwanted elements from photos.
- Next-generation RAW image processing for highest-quality images
- Quick Preview mode for rapid-fire photo browsing
- Simplified user interface that maximizes screen space and provides direct access to your iPhoto library from within Aperture
- Integration with .Mac Web Gallery to instantly publish your photos, allowing visitors to view and download images.

Apple | Aperture

I guess I'll give it a try then.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I hardly have any windows minimized. It's either closed (not quit) or just hanging around. Expose is there to help switch btw windows.

praka123

left this forum longback
does mac got swap partition made?or is it inside the / partition only? like in windows pagefile.sys?
Sorry If this simple que hurts any ;)

offtopic:

@grudge:El saami..I think another song best suits ur siggy.the mac mac macorina one from khusi.while I am in final yr Engg or So I saw this fim,damn gr8 :D

goobimama

 Macboy
I was wondering whether I was the odd ball. Cause between the time I leave my mac and come back to it, if someone was working on it I find all my windows minimised (partly cause I have a lot of them open). Really frustrating! I mean, stuff like iTunes and finder windows as well!

Anyway, here's a few shortcuts for hiding apps:
Option+click on a different app: Hides the current one, brings the next one in focus.
Command+Option+click on a different app: Hides all open windows and brings new app into focus. The same can be applied to hide all windows and just show the desktop (hold down the keys and click on desktop)

drgrudge

Ahh... so much fuss going on for my siggy? I should have got more PMs asking what my siggy means than "Are you a chick?" PM. :twisted:

spironox -
Check this post: (Tamil - English Translation)
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=741318&postcount=81

Praka -
"Mac Mac Macorina" songle only "Mac-Mac" than irruku, otherwise nothing related to Apple Macs. Intha siggy is cool, related to Apple and makes sense too. :twisted:

goobimama

 Macboy
Woah! The guys at Saft are fast. Todays' 10.5.2 update broke the saft plugin. Within hours the new version is popped out.

Saft is a Safari plugin to add features like draggable tabs, full-screen browsing, searchable bookmarks and history, URL shortcuts, kiosk mode and more.

Release Notes:
Known bug: Block Image Animation does not work in Leopard
Improvement: MacOS 10.5.2 and Safari 3.0.4 (5523.15) support

And... might I add, brokenstones is even faster :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Apple today unveiled the MacBook Air, in India.

Angeline Tan, product marketing manager of Apple, introduced the notebook here

*www.tech2.com/media/images/2008/Feb/img_47491_macbookair_450x360.jpg​

In India, it will ship in two weeks through Apple authorized resellers and dealers for a suggested retail price of Rs 96,100 ($2,421).

The features of the MacBook Air include a 13.3-inch liquid crystal display, a full-size backlit keyboard and a built-in video camera.

MacBook Air delivers up to five hours of battery life and includes Wi-Fi networking.

With an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 1.6 or 1.8 GHz of processing power, Apple's standard model contains a 1.8-inch hard drive offering 80GB of storage.

Source: Tech2

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I was wondering whether I was the odd ball. Cause between the time I leave my mac and come back to it, if someone was working on it I find all my windows minimised (partly cause I have a lot of them open). Really frustrating! I mean, stuff like iTunes and finder windows as well!
Yeah, this happens with me too. Also, whenever someone buys a new Mac on my recommendation and uses it for the first time, they keep minimising the windows and I keep telling them not to do it.

Saft is a Safari plugin to add features like draggable tabs, full-screen browsing, searchable bookmarks and history, URL shortcuts, kiosk mode and more.
The emphasised features are there in Safari by default. :)

And... might I add, brokenstones is even faster :D
LOL! ;)

goobimama

 Macboy
| The emphasised features are there in Safari by default.
Well I didn't really post that for Saft the app. It was more for the update.

^^ Not sure why I posted that. As if it was so important that I had to explain myself. Idiot.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
My disk crashed today. 500GB MyBook Premium. Had Time Machine backups in there, Movies, TV shows, Softwares, and other stuff (where stuff is not = pron). Gx will be happy cause that proves a point, but no, I'm happy. A free bird now. Free to look at the world around me. There was no movie I hadn't watched, no TV show that wasn't finished. And nothing I can't download again.

The amazing part was, OS X actually gave me a warning. As soon as I installed 10.5.2, I plugged in my external, and it said "Disk repair failed: You better recover all your data. Until then there's going to be limited functionality". I thought it was 10.5.2 bug. I opened my hard drive in Finder to find it Read-only. I could have recovered stuff there. But I unplugged it thinking it was 10.5.2, and plugged it in the lappy. After that the funny noises started, and yep, I came to a painful-at-first realization that it crashed.

Btw, my Xbench results:
Before 10.5.2: 115 points
After: 128 points

--------------------

I'm feeling a little stupid right now, but did you guys know that you can connect two macs together using the firewire cable? And I'm not talking about Target disk mode, I'm talking about normal networking.

Since my hard drive died, I wanted to transfer some big files over to the iMac, so I thought what the hell, let me try it. Lo and behold, the iBook popped up on the Finder sidebar, and I was browsing it full speed. All along I used to disconnect the External from the iMac, plug it into the iBook, and then do the transfers and stuff.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Update hai, update kar lo. Who cares what it does! :p

BTW, is that a "Skitched" screenshot?

I'm feeling a little stupid right now, but did you guys know that you can connect two macs together using the firewire cable? And I'm not talking about Target disk mode, I'm talking about normal networking.

Since my hard drive died, I wanted to transfer some big files over to the iMac, so I thought what the hell, let me try it. Lo and behold, the iBook popped up on the Finder sidebar, and I was browsing it full speed. All along I used to disconnect the External from the iMac, plug it into the iBook, and then do the transfers and stuff.
Can't really blame you. You still use Windows and you have what I like to call "residual paranoia". You still assume, by default, that things won't work. :)

drgrudge

BTW, is that a "Skitched" screenshot?
Yeah, it's Skitched.

1. I launch the app.
2. Take screenshot with that.
3. Do some image editing - looks pro but any kindergarten kid can do. :p
4. I upload to their servers only (no need for lame-ass imageshack) directly from the app.
5. Single click code copy from skitch.com to thinkdigit.

Going to update my Mac again. :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You noticed? :p

Yeah, it's Skitched.

1. I launch the app.
2. Take screenshot with that.
3. Do some image editing - looks pro but any kindergarten kid can do. :p
4. I upload to their servers only (no need for lame-ass imageshack) directly from the app.
5. Single click code copy from skitch.com to thinkdigit.

Going to update my Mac again. :D
Sounds cool. I'll check it out. :)

Top Bottom