The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Anyone know of a tool that allows resizing windows on all sides? Sometimes you need to do just that and moving windows + resizing is just an extra step. An excellent implementation, for those who have used Time Machine, has been done by Apple themselves. If only that functionality were built into the rest of the system by maybe holding down a modifier key, it would have been excellent.

goobimama

 Macboy
Haven't you resized a window while in Time Machine? It resizes from all four sides, as if drawing from the center of the window. I'm just saying, if that same functionality were brought to normal windows by holding down a modifier key....

goobimama

 Macboy
For those not regular on TUAW:
Transmission has been updated to 1.0. Finally out of beta
New features include:
  • Group labeling, filtering, and sorting
  • Leopard: Time Machine will ignore incomplete downloads
  • Display remaining time for seeding transfers
  • Ability to set global and per-torrent number of connections

*www.transmissionbt.com/

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Thanks for the heads up on Things (leeched it and gonna try it soon) and Transmission (still uTorrent is the best).

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Transmission is so far ahead of µTorrent now, it is not ever funny. It is definitely the best torrent client on any platform today. :)

Just my humble opinion, of course.

goobimama

 Macboy
Ooh I don't like the new look of Transmission. The toolbar icons look really horrible. They have tried to copy Finder/Safari but ended up with some really pathetic renderings. I hope they bring back the larger icons like the earlier versions. Also, It looks too colourless now...

goobimama

 Macboy
Photo Drop Widget
10 sec. photo editing in your Dashboard! Drop or paste a photo, resize & trim it, and export to another application or widget directly by mouse dragging with outstanding 8 effects. You can also take a screenshot of windows behind Photo Drop (excluding your scattered desktop).

Some of the effects:
*www.dropping.at/images/ss_reflection.png
*www.dropping.at/images/ss_pushpin.png
*www.dropping.at/images/ss_activescreencorners.png

*www.dropping.at/

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
@dr
Welcome back, I was missing that cute face of yours!!

@aryayush
Can you link me to that iPhone video ? Right now I am downloading iLife'08, its more than 700mb but I am quiet sure it will be worth it

@goobimama
Great widget, you got encyclopedia of widgets or what ??

@All
Good news from is that today I got BSNL broadband, bad news though is that by default it is H250, now I have to submit a form for converting to H500 and it will be active on February 1 :-(

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Ooh I don't like the new look of Transmission. The toolbar icons look really horrible. They have tried to copy Finder/Safari but ended up with some really pathetic renderings. I hope they bring back the larger icons like the earlier versions. Also, It looks too colourless now...
Thank God! I was afraid to say so since everyone else hated the older look and liked the new one. I hate the new look too. It is ugly.

jamesbond007 said:
@aryayush
Can you link me to that iPhone video ?
Sure. Here you go: *video.gearlive.com/video/article/q407-video-iphone-113-firmware-feature-walkthrough/

Enjoy! :)

Has the automerging of double posts feature been disabled on this forum?

drgrudge

uTorrent is a better than any client on any platform. Refer back to my 13 point reason why Transmission is not upto the mark, not even 20% of what I mentioned is done/fixed now.

A client without DHT is worthless, IMO. Plus no tracker edit thing. These 2 itself make me not use Transmission.

On a side note:
What's Adobe Lightroom? What's the difference btw this and Photoshop? What extra can we do?

goobimama -
What's the 27mb software? I can't get what you meant to say.

jamesbond007 -
Thanks, but that's not my face! And congrats on the BB. By the way, I myself am not a member in HDbits.

goobimama

 Macboy
Adobe lightroom is like iPhoto for professionals. It is nothing like photoshop. It's mainly for professional photographers to manage their photographs and such.

27MB screencast of Things. Screencast is a video of the application.

drgrudge

Hmm... today I tried to connect my HP digicam but couldn't connect. The cam showed "Establishing Connection" but it took forever and I didn't have the patience to stick on with it. Had no issues in Tiger. Any idea what the issue is?

Lightroom is just 40 odd MB or so. Gonna try it.

Things is my first GTD app. So far so good. Earlier used to right down in paper, but now this is making things better and advanced. I'll check the Screencast soon.

goobimama

 Macboy
Dr: Your camera will have two options for USB. PTP and Mass storage. Selecting Mass storage will most definitely get it recognised properly.

As for lightroom, it is a really nice app. I haven't tried Aperture but I hear it is pretty good as well. Lightroom does all it's adjustments in a non destructive way. That is, if you add 5 points of brightness, in the future you can always bring it back to zero. So every time you view an image, it adds those adjustments in. The original file remains untouched.
And the number of adjustments you can made are amazing. You can just about fine tune an image right down to every detail.

Good integration with Photoshop as well so that's a plus.

@darky: I hope the guys behind transmission do something about those icons. For now I've clicked the grey pill to hide the toolbar altogether...

I must say, transmission is really an amazing torrent app. I'm not sure what 'features' it is missing, but it has the slickest interface for a torrent client. Might do a small screenshot essay on what makes the difference...:)

Top Bottom