The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Windows has a handy utility from Sysinternals (now acquired by MS) called Tcpview which allows us to view all the connections to our pc when we are connected to internet. This is very useful coz you will know which processes are secretly accessing internet. Now I am looking for a similar alternative in Mac, coz every now and then I get a window from some app saying 'updates available' or 'updates downloaded' even though I've unchecked 'automatically download updates' for almost all the apps. I like no app use my bandwidth without my permission and such an app will help
Netstat helps but nothing like gui

Finally, whats the best GUI based firewall for Mac

yash

I draw every day
Mask pro installer says it cannot find photoshop on my computer. what is causing this? any takers?

goobimama

 Macboy
I don't think this was there in Tiger. Pressing and Holding the Menu button somewhere inside front row's menu tree, brings you back to the main front row menu. For what it's worth...

yash

I draw every day
Nevermind. Instead of trying to run the installer, I opened the package contents and dug out the plugin file and manually placed it in photoshop plugins folder.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
You should, if you are at all interested in the iPhone. I pity those poor souls who are stuck on dial-up though. :p

goobimama

 Macboy
What did I do to deserve this? As it is I don't have internet at home. And then you go ahead and back-stab me in the chest. You don't think I haven't suffered enough?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Who ever mentioned you! :p

And I'm actually patting myself here. I managed to "back-stab" someone on the chest, of all places! WOW! :lol:

goobimama

 Macboy
There's one thing in this world I'm absolutely sure. At least in this racist forum, Dial up = The sore loser in Goa = The drunkard = no social standards = sleeps with hot women like Katrina kaif and Priyanka Chopra = good for nothing prick who has an old primitive stone age white iMac = Milind Michael Alvares.

praka123

left this forum longback
^so u r name is Milind :? I thought ur goobi :( i mean some goobichand Upadhyaya :D ;)

BTW,racist forum :?when?where?which color :shock:
seriously dude!and frankly saying,ppl elsewhere in India have an idea that Goa is "::Uber::";dont u worry ;)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
some goobichand Upadhyaya
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif

There's one thing in this world I'm absolutely sure. At least in this racist forum, Dial up = The sore loser in Goa = The drunkard = no social standards = good for nothing prick who has an old primitive stone age white iMac = Milind Michael Alvares.

*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif see we can describe u without meeting u

goobimama

 Macboy
Things

*culturedcode.com/things/

*culturedcode.com/styles_2.0/images/screenshot_things_big4.jpg
Looks pretty good. I'll get in on the BETA action and see how things go.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
There's one thing in this world I'm absolutely sure. At least in this racist forum, Dial up = The sore loser in Goa = The drunkard = no social standards = sleeps with hot women like Katrina kaif and Priyanka Chopra = good for nothing prick who has an old primitive stone age white iMac = Milind Michael Alvares.
Heh heh. Really seems like a lot of adjectives when you put them together like that. :p

Top Bottom