The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
goobimama said:
Hmm. I haven't tried CSSEdit. Will give it a look-see.

As for Windows, most of the software is butt ugly. I used to use Dreamweaver and Dreamweaver.
I'm not a master of CSS (as yet) so I need to look up what I've done and how it has come up.

CSSEdit got the style, code and the editing things in the same place. No need to switch between Edit and CSS tabs of Coda.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2198/2120291361_612940d347_o.png

goobimama

 Macboy
No way to do it with the scroll wheel, AFAIK.
How does one do it then?

@Dr: That surely is a nice feature. I hope they implement this in Coda, which I still will prefer due to it's split screen features and such. But still, I guess I'm speaking without experience, gotta try CSSEdit before judging it.

goobimama

 Macboy
Just thought I'd include the Chat transcript after this last post...
Milind: What slider!
Aayush: Isn't there a slider to increase the thumbnail size?
Milind: No. Can you send me a screenshot from your side?
Aayush: I cannot use that right now. No iPhoto.
So can any of you with the big cat let me know if there's a slider or not?

goobimama

 Macboy
Well how do you enlarge the picture like I've shown in the screenshot?

Is that a Skitch screenshot?

Last edited:

yash

I draw every day
goobimama said:
Well how do you enlarge the picture like I've shown in the screenshot?

Is that a Skitch screenshot?

@ goobi: well, you did it, why are you asking ME? and I guess it was pretty obvious its a photoshop screenshot!

goobimama

 Macboy
Thing is my Apple store asked me how to enlarge the thumbnails in there. Now I tried it with the pen and it worked. So I wanted to know how to do it with a mouse.

I know the screenshot is off photoshop, but how'd you get the shading effect and the line of icons aligned on the right of the box and such? Don't tell me you did all that in photoshop...

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
OK, I'm sorry! I completely misinterpreted goobimama's original post. :oops:

No, there is no slider and I don't know how to achieve that enlargement with the mouse...

goobimama said:
(these are the MRPs at www.keystone.in) 30k for the base model. 40k for the higher one. You can check the specs at www.apple.com/macmini.
but someone told me that its 30K for the higher model and 25K for the lower:confused:

goobimama

 Macboy
In the words of Daffy Duck: "Oh no!"

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/46d58acfac.jpg
Daffy Duck and other unimportant looney toons on iTunes!

I just love the write-up on daffy! Now, to get my iTunes Store account where I can actually buy these...

Last edited:
aryayush said:
He can't find prices that low anywhere. In Kolkata, for example, the base model costs around Rs. 35,000. :)
Good. That means I advice him to go for a PC assembled by himself with my assistance instead of a Mac. One potential user chased away thanks to Apple Over Pricing their Computer:mad:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
goobi it aint fair to judge a person like that he mustv genuinely asked and genuinely felt that way :) (not sure though)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
MetalheadGautham said:
Good. That means I advice him to go for a PC assembled by himself with my assistance instead of a Mac. One potential user chased away thanks to Apple Over Pricing their Computer:mad:
Dude! Don't buy if you are not interested. You look for VFM, but Apple doesn't make computers for people looking for VFM. At least in short term.

This type of comment leaves a bad taste. Please refrain from such words atleast in this thread.

Thanks for your time and understanding. :)

goobimama said:
Was this a rehearsed dialog that you planned all along trying to prove a point?
No. I was genuinely intrested to help my friend get a good upgrade. and yes, he really did want a good Mac.
drgrudge said:
Dude! Don't buy if you are not interested. You look for VFM, but Apple doesn't make computers for people looking for VFM. At least in short term.

This type of comment leaves a bad taste. Please refrain from such words atleast in this thread.

Thanks for your time and understanding. :smile:
I am not using foul lingo or something. I just expected something(and so did my friend), which was not there. I will still ask him to get a PC, but lemme see what he thinks about the price.

VFM is always important, if you are an Indian. Its a sad truth thanks to over taxing.
iMav said:
goobi it aint fair to judge a person like that he mustv genuinely asked and genuinely felt that way :smile: (not sure though)
OMG WTF? you are correct! for the first time in history!

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
MetalheadGautham said:

Apple fans won't care about price though!!
A new convert like me will always ask 'Why didn't apple bundle Super Driver with MacBook'. Price is secondary for me and many of us, boy we make a statement though!!

My experience with Mac OS X has been great and very satisfactory.
You have no idea how many time I've watched that Apple Leopard tour video !!!

Top Bottom