The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Aayush, what say? Want to coauthor a book?

Milind is me.

Fedex... We'll, I must have pm'ed you by now about the fed ex thing.

What didn't you understand? Anyway, it's not like Leopard is difficult to work with or anything. I'd suggest anyone to upgrade to Leopard ASAP.

@Dr: Tell FedEx to send Leopard with High priority extra fast shipping. It's worth it.

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
Aayush, what say? Want to coauthor a book?
Been there. Done that. :p

There already are such books otherwise I would seriously have considered it (I know you are only joking though). :D

yash

I draw every day
OMG! macrumors says that the intel slim laptop prototype that we saw earlier this year, (metro..?) could actually be the new mac portable! YAY!

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
goobimama said:
@Dr: Tell FedEx to send Leopard with High priority extra fast shipping. It's worth it.

Lol !! This is really funny!!! Fed Ex thing has disappointed me twice, I am on it again for the third time lets see if he delivers this(third) time in another 10 days !!!

Hey I liked the you tube video link posted last night, do anyone have hi quality downloadable leopard videos links( dont prefer youtube ,google videos though)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
*www.apple.com/macosx/

Lots of high resolution Leopard videos there. :)

Guys, check out this South Park spoof of the 'Get a Mac' ad campaign. Pretty funny. :lol:

goobimama

 Macboy
A size for everyone: *www.apple.com/macosx/guidedtour/

I see someone beat me to it.

Laughing out loud! That South Park one is hilarious! Too good...

Last edited:
What is the Cost of MacMini with 2.0 GHz Processor in bangalore? I want both the Apple price and the National Market/SP Road Price. My friend, who is an apple FanBoy, wanted a Mac. I suggested the MacMini because it has decent VFM and because my friend already has a Minitor/Keyboard/Mouse/UPS from his old P4 PC.

goobimama

 Macboy
Well I got a rapidshare link from somewhere. But I hear it's there in the developer tools section on the Leopard DVD as well?

@aayush: Have you ever used Scrivener? It's pretty neat. My dad, being a writer n all uses it quite often. Says it's really good for jotting down ideas, and such. Might come in handy for your macuser work...

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I also thought I'll downloading Scrivener, but I'm pretty much used to the Web Interface of Wordpress and a simple TextEdit file to jot down ideas.

I'm watching Transformers now (2nd time and this time in HD :cool: ). Only Regret is I didn't see it in Cinemas. Should have seen in 3D IMAX effect in Dubai.

Here's the screenshot of the Apple MacBook Pro working when all the others were not working.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2321/2114243659_894f81f602.jpg

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2320/2115016610_eacf5fe9c0.jpg

Click ok the Image to see the goodness in (1280 x 544). Enjoy!

goobimama

 Macboy
Oh yes! I didn't realise that! As for scrivener, it isn't like your textedit or wordpress. It's mainly for jotting down ideas, putting in research, snippets, so you can finally compose all of that into a single article or book.

------

I was meaning to ask this, and that Security screensaver reminded me. Did anyone manage to find that application that was written for Core Animation during the Leopard preview? Why couldn't they have just bundled it along with the package, at least in the developer tools? While I'm sure it would take a lot of horsepower to run that application, it would sure have been cool just to play around with it.

drgrudge

I'll download it and see how good it is. Any GTD apps, with to-do lists, tasks, calenders, reminders, etc? iCal is not good enough. Things is coming soon, but anything good right now?

By the way, in the movie Transformers, they got Apple Cinema Display too. It's the one the 3 students are analyzing the signal that attacked them in Qatar.

goobimama

 Macboy
Tried Bento? integrates Addressbook, iCal into a database manager. It's a free preview till feb 14th.

Also, search tuaw for GTD. They love those apps..

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Queries:

1) how about configuring Quartz desktop to show Pics rather than showing apple news

2) how to view web pages in full screen in browsers. I don't bother about the top and bottom of the screen but I want my browsers to spread to the entire screen from right to left

goobimama

 Macboy
1) Whadoyoumean? Just have to select any composition using the Quartz Desktop configuration thing. It's a small little icon on the menubar.

2) While I'm not in favour of the max screen thing, you can use Saft plugin for safari to enable the max screen as well as the complete fullscreen in Safari. It's a bit weird at first to have the green "Zoom" button resize only to contents, but you will find this is a great way to multi task.

drgrudge

I want to burn some stuffs with Toast. Can I burn directly from my WD Passport or I need to copy to Mac HDD and then burn it?

Top Bottom