The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
How much time does an email take to reach India from Dubai ??? I clicked on the inbox over a dozen times but still couldn't see your message dr!!! Am I impatient ??

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Oh the dr is a Mod !!! I didn't knew that, I thought Mods should carry some sign or tag!!!
I guess it takes few hours for an email from Dubai to reach to India!!!

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
jamesbond007 said:
How much time does an email take to reach India from Dubai ??? I clicked on the inbox over a dozen times but still couldn't see your message dr!!! Am I impatient ??
It should be instant yaar, irrespective of the distance. I re checked my Gmail now, I've send it. Maybe got in Spam Folder.

goobimama

 Macboy
How could I have been so stupid? Huh? I guess my brother's dropped me on my head when I was a kid or something. I forgot to run Disk Utility's repair disk permissions when Finder was acting up. Did that, and it fixed a whole lot of things here and there. Now Finder seems to be quite stable... hope there's not another outburst.

-----

Many might find the OS X's lack of a "Right click - Set as Wallpaper" option a bit frustrating. Here's two methods that I frequently use.
1. Drag the image onto the Safari dock icon or window, and then use the "Set as Wallpaper option.
2. Right click the desktop > Change desktop background. Then drag over any image into the wallpaper box on the top left.
Anyone got any more? Maybe an applescript/Automator workflow?

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
drgrudge said:
iMav -
Thanks. I'll see if it helps. What's the logic behind the settings.dat file?
i dont know the actual reason but from the name i guess it stores the settings for utorrent to be used as in when u run utorrent for the first time u get the wizard so this saves that info i guess :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
Many might find the OS X's lack of a "Right click - Set as Wallpaper" option a bit frustrating. Here's two methods that I frequently use.
1. Drag the image onto the Safari dock icon or window, and then use the "Set as Wallpaper option.
2. Right click the desktop > Change desktop background. Then drag over any image into the wallpaper box on the top left.
Anyone got any more? Maybe an applescript/Automator workflow?
I did not know the second one. I always tried dragging the wallpaper into the box which has the thumbnails of all the images and it never worked. Thanks! :)

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Jeez, thanks goobi.
Anyone got some great 1440x900 wallies ? Something green ?
( My mom wants me to look at something green because I'm looking at the screen all the time )

praka123

left this forum longback
utorrent is supported in wine.
Another name for this tutorial could be “how to install Windows programs in OS X without buying Crossover“. Or “how to use Darwine to install Windows programs in OS X”. But this tutorial will take you step-by-step through installing uTorrent (which is currently Windows-only) via Darwine - an OS X port of Wine.
*www.simplehelp.net/2007/08/15/how-to-install-utorrent-in-os-x/

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
DARK LORD said:
Jeez, thanks goobi.
Anyone got some great 1440x900 wallies ? Something green ?
( My mom wants me to look at something green because I'm looking at the screen all the time )
Here you go.

I particularly recommend this one:

*tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs21/300W/f/2007/299/e/a/Apple_Dark_Nova_by_markrean.jpg

You're welcome. :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
aryayush said:
Please tell me you're kidding! :eek:

Did I get you good ???

Fun apart I still didn't get the mail from dr. I checked the spam folder too. Kindly send it again, sorry for inconv....

goobimama said:
didn't you notice that the dr has this green thing going on?

Oh the greeens are the Mods, now I know it, thankx

goobimama

 Macboy
Okay, I'm not sure if this has been discussed before, but in the light of the many new mac users out here, I'd like to warn you about two things:
1. DO NOT rename your home folder. That is, the folder that resides in "Mac HD > Users > yourname". You will lose all your data after you restart or wake from sleep.
2. DO NOT rename your Library folder. Your mac will not boot up and you will run in a lot of problems.
3. Avoid doing work when you are doing an installation, especially at the "Optimizing system performance" part. Can cause some problems.
I'm saying this cause I'm seeing a lot of people rename their home folder cause it suddenly doesn't feel right.

goobimama

 Macboy
Hehe. No last night I got from another friend who had renamed her home folder. "All my files are gone! What do I do now!" Well, I figured that the home folder might have been renamed cause of the symptoms. Well luckily there was a Time Machine backup :).

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Thanks for the tips Goobi. You forgot one more thing. NEVER run an application while it's mounted. I did this for 2 weeks or so till I realized what I was doing.

goobimama

 Macboy
NEVER run an application while it's mounted. I did this for 2 weeks or so till I realized what I was doing.
Heheh. I remember asking you, "Are you sure you know how to install apps?". "Of course goobi, what you think I'm stupid?" Well maybe not in those exact words, but you get the gist of it....

Top Bottom