The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, I know it works absolutely perfectly for me. I've forwarded you instructions on how I installed it myself and maybe they'll help you get it fixed. :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Goobi already forwarded me those instructions. :twisted: Thanks anyway.

Instead of launching uTorrent from Crossover, I just double clicked the utorrent.exe file. OK now how do you "Install Unsupported Software"? I can't seem to find that option. It didn't ask me that option as it's not the first time I'm opening uTorrent.

Help!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
drgrudge said:
Instead of launching uTorrent from Crossover, I just double clicked the utorrent.exe file.
That's what messed it up. I did that too one day when I was as inexperienced and of as young and carefree spirit as you are today. :p

LOL! To fix this, just run a Spotlight search for the terms 'crossover', 'µtorrent' and 'utorrent' and delete everything related to them. Once your system is completely free from CrossOver, re-install and launch it. Now go to 'Configure >> Install Software... >> Install Unsupported Software...' and follow those instructions Milind, and I, emailed you.

If you get stuck somewhere, ask me what to do. Don't just go ahead doing something stupid. :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
btw if i may ask why are u trying to install utorrent why not use the portable version :?:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well the portable version is just 1 exe file and requires no instal can be tried i think i did dont remmber will boot into osx tonite and chk :)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
It will not work with CrossOver. The application needs to be installed for them to work with CrossOver. Those that don't require any installation don't work.

drgrudge

Ohh thanks Aayush. I have a 2.2 gig file running on my poor 256k connection and with a lot of 'effort', it connected to some peers. I don't want to risk that. Let the file get transfered then I'll follow the steps.

Have you tried uTorrent + Darwine/Wine? How's that?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I've tried it a few times but Darwine/Wine has never worked for me for any application (and I'm not surprised either because it is a cross-platform application and that too, with Linux).

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
as i was saying i have used utorrent portable in os x .... ;)

*img229.imageshack.us/img229/4884/screenshot01mv3.th.jpg

drgrudge

Aayush-
How long does it take to install it? It's searching some "dcom95.exe" and it running for 5 mins now...

iMav -
Wht's the point yaar? Anyway you're running with Crossover naa?

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ i was just saying that u dont need to install as u were facing some probs installing it so came up with an alternative :p which apparently u still are :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
drgrudge said:
^^
Explain how you use the portable uTorrent + Crossover. Just double click on the .exe file?
i created a settings.dat (empty using text editor) file in the same folder that the portable exe is and then double clicked the exe wait for some time it will start :p

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Hey arya, goobi and dr why don't any of you guys forward those instructions to me as well since I was also looking for such a setup.

BTW dr installing unsupported software on Crossovers has also failed for me. As I 've already said that I am on cable internet which requires me to get connected through 24Online client, I installed Crossover office just to get 24Online Client running on Mac so that I could get Wireless internet. But if failed. Not just that I tried so many unsupported apps in CrossOver Office and the success rate is 0%.

drgrudge

goobimama said:
Doctorji, when you going to upgrade to something spotty?
It's a pain with a low speed connection. Maybe in a fortnight or so. Goobi, I'll let you know once the stuff is with me.

iMav -
Thanks. I'll see if it helps. What's the logic behind the settings.dat file?

jamesbond007 -
What's your Email ID?
My Crossover didn't fail me. But it got weird issues which normally should not be the case.

drgrudge

DARK LORD said:
What has a low speed connection got to do with something spotty ?
Spotty is a big thing which needs understanding and patience before I do something to it. To qualify myself, I should train and practice hard which I'll be doing in the following fortnight. To prepare, I'm using Internet Resources (such as Wikipedia, e-books, reading articles, watching videos, playing games, etc) which is not productive with a low speed 256k connection. :)

jamesbond007 -
I forwarded the mail. You should ask the Mac Gurus regarding the unsupported apps installed on Crossover. Many have used it and there should not be any issues. Moreover it's a Beta software if I'm correct.

goobi -
Don't mind, I've deleted your post. My explanation would suffix. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom