The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

praka123

left this forum longback
this may help aryayush enter apple with some neutral/a little pro-mac articles ;) BTW,congratulations :!:

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I would appreciate it if you stopped with the stupid salesman jokes, please!

Thanks, The_Devil_Himself, rayraven, narangz, drgrudge and praka123! :)

gx_saurav said:
Never call desigining stupid.....you will earn more money with desigining & will be able to use your creativity
... which I don't have any of, so it is stupid for me. I said that I did not want to become a stupid interior designer. I did not call the profession or designing, in general, stupid.

narangz said:
Is there any post vacant for Windows based articles? :D
Yes, if you are willing to write against it. :p

drgrudge said:
$7 per post IMO is low
I wanted to hear this from someone. I'll ask them whether there is a possibility of a raise in future.

goobimama said:
Aayush, next stop: job at Apple Store? ;)
Ugh... who wants that!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
good man congrats .... i might get hooked to reading some blogs :p looking forward to ur articles let us know wen u publish em :)

goobimama

 Macboy
[little scared]
Uh... If I could break through the discussion here, I'm having a problem with Finder. CPU usage going up to 120%, and even if I Force Quit, it relaunches finder with the same CPU usage. A restart helped, but it went back to high CPU usage again after a few hours. A bit annoying considering that the Mac is now louder than my WD MyBook external...

Anyone?

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Goobi, do u have file preview enabled in Finder? Like automatic preview of AVI file in it's thumbnail?

narangz

Web developer
aryayush said:
Yes, if you are willing to write against it. :p

Okay! Done! Give me the job & I'll write anything you want against Windows :p

Please let me know when your articles are published there. I would love to read them :) Do send me the links, man!

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Hello guys whats cooking here .... I am back after a BAN, ..... I was banned for asking Anna Kournikova on Digit Cover Page in Demand section ;-)
I call it Monarchy but since we could do nothing other than keeping shut, I mean what can't be cured has to be endured!!! No complains though!!

@aryayush
Congratula-F-lations, man you are insane!! How the hell do you manage time, for how long do you browse forums and how can you find time to reply to so many queries and now how can you manage to write articles!!
Are you Super-Mac-Man??

@gobi
I had similar problem earlier, found nothing in activity monitor but after trashing few demoware apps I am fine now. But I got another one though, I don't understand Disk usage, it showed 36gb free I copied 28 gbs of movies and it still shows 36 gb free. I deleted 28gb of Movies and it still shows 36gb free

Queries: 1) Looking for Irfan view like app in Mac, I found Xee, its good but not good enough!!

2) how to run java on mac, I prefer through shell.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I installed Photoshop CS3 (took a lot of time!). PSP got the most simple and ugly icon in the dock. Just a Ps in a blue BG. Why not the Photoshop icon?

jamesbond007 -
Tried Seashore? It should be like Irfan View.

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
@Dr: Yep. The default icons of the Adobe CS3 are really boring (although, informative I guess). Still, if you just google Adobe CS3 replacement icons you will find all kinds of links to various different icons. I think I'm using the Adam Betts icons...

@jamesbond: Thanks for the tip. I'll try that. Installed a lot of apps lately..shouldn't have.

As for disk usage, the item info on the desktop is very inaccurate, in that it changes after a long time. Your best bet is doing a get info on the disk each time you want to check for space remaining. Also the Finder statusbar is also pretty dynamic.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks to Gigacore, Kenshin and jamesbond007! :)

narangz said:
Please let me know when your articles are published there. I would love to read them :) Do send me the links, man!
Consider it done. :D

jamesbond007 said:
@aryayush
Congratula-F-lations, man you are insane!! How the hell do you manage time, for how long do you browse forums and how can you find time to reply to so many queries and now how can you manage to write articles!!
Are you Super-Mac-Man??
LOL! You're embarrassing me. I'm just an insomniac and that's not exactly a very impressive quality. :p

jamesbond007 said:
I don't understand Disk usage, it showed 36gb free I copied 28 gbs of movies and it still shows 36 gb free. I deleted 28gb of Movies and it still shows 36gb free
Yeah, that happens in Tiger sometimes. Seems to have been fixed in Leopard though.

The first MacHeist mission actually involves downloading a file from TPB. Ha! Ha! This is fun. :D

Last edited:

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
aryayush said:
I'm just an insomniac and that's not exactly a very impressive quality.

yeah you me and Enrique are insomniacs, but look at the brighter side.. you write articles, I watch hollywood movies and Enrique dates Anna Kournikova!!

BTW is Need For Speed available for mac... the only game I play!!

Pressing Alt+Shift+K in Safari (Mac) gets the Apple and I did the same in my profile I get the Apple when I type but once I save the changes and check my posts all I get is ? What to do guys ??

aryayush said:
The first MacHeist mission actually involves downloading a file from TPB. Ha! Ha! This is fun.
Are you into it ?? Could you elaborate it to me like how to take part in it ?? I read the home page but couldn't make head and tale of it!!

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
OK. Just click on 'Register' and fill out the form and stuff. Once you are logged in, click on the 'Briefings' link. After that, you are on your own. That's the fun part. :D

Be careful though, it can be quite addictive. And you need a fairly capable connection to fully enjoy it.

BTW, Need For Speed Carbon is available for Mac OS X. :)

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
Great!!
Just today i inquired the BSNL guys and I may get my broadband next week!! Finally its gonna be great.... and in time to come it may be a good bye to windows...
I'll check out Macheist once I get broadband connection

Wow NFS Carbon available for Mac OS X !!! good bye Gates....

Last edited:

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I installed Crossover to run uTorrent. But I'm unable to make utorrent connect to tracker. But now leeching from a Private Tracker after trying to connected for a long time and now it shows "Tracker Offline" which is not the case. It seems to work well with Public tracker...

Now 5 queries:
1. How to make utorrent connect to Private Tracker?
2. How to get the Icon instead of the crossover icon?
3. Should we click "Yes" or "No" when we start uTorrent?
4. Why doesn't the things in the UI don't work sometimes? Any way to fix this?
4. Why people say running crossover takes more RAM? It's less than what Firefox and Azureus takes.

We know Crossover + uTorrent isn't perfect (that's why 'Honorable Mention' than Gold/Silver/Bronze rating at Codeweaver's site), but these are the basic needs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom