The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

goobimama

 Macboy
Look at darky taking me seriously! Btw, I have a friend who is doing 'software engineering' and he is working on a mac app. Indian fella. I could give him your email or something. But he says he's doing it with Java...

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
As the great Arya always says, "Java is not native" :|

I know, C/C++... but realized now I need to learn ObjC. Oh well, I'll stick to php.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
goobimama, I tried Pixen, it's too basic (or I didn't play around much). I'm a fan of Seashore now. I miss the line tool and shapes in PhotoShop. Oterwise it's good enough for basic image editing.

Should I bother with Gimp?

goobimama

 Macboy
Gimp is... well I didn't like it. Feels very crude.

I'll check out seashore. (btw, did I recommend Pixen to you? I don't think I did. Anyway)

drgrudge

goobimama said:
Gimp is... well I didn't like it. Feels very crude.

I'll check out seashore. (btw, did I recommend Pixen to you? I don't think I did. Anyway)
I knew Pixen b4 and you recommended so tried it. It's too basic and almost no options. Seashore got menus like PS. For my basic need it's OK, dunno if you'll like it.

goobimama

 Macboy
drgrudge said:
I knew Pixen b4 and you recommended so tried it.
Well, I might have just googled it :)

@gx:
Yep. Lightroom is awesome, but I would assume that Seashore and lightroom have their own separate uses...

As for iPhoto vs Lightroom, they too have their separate uses. I can't for the love of Ali Baba imaging using Lightroom for my family pictures (especially with the now famed front row integration). Haven't used Aperture so I can't say (although I hear it's "light table" feature is awesome).

----

What's the best way to automatically get lyrics into iTunes?

Also, that site that Saurabh mentioned, is it safe? Also, will I get some form of warranty if I get an iPod shuffle from there?

-----

Anyone heard of Lightspeed? *www.xsilva.com/launch_2.5.php#7
LightSpeed 2 is a ground-breaking, next-generation Point of Sale system built exclusively for the Mac and designed expressly to accelerate growing small businesses. LightSpeed excels in retail environments, providing your store with a full set of easy-to-use retail tools that make it easy to operate and track all aspects of your business.

The software looks amazing (and I do think I would have a use for it). I just hope I find a friend who will buy it for me...cause it seems a little too expensive to buy.

Last edited:

drgrudge

gx_saurav said:
Grudge...try Adobe lightroom, you won't need Seashore &iPhote anymore
I've Photoshop CS 3 waiting for me. I haven't installed that as yet in my Mac. I the meantime trying out other softwares. Seashore is fully free software. Is lightroom so?

goobi -
You might want to see this post. :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
drgrudge said:
I've Photoshop CS 3 waiting for me. I haven't installed that as yet in my Mac. I the meantime trying out other softwares. Seashore is fully free software. Is lightroom so?

Ligitroom is not photoshop, it is like a replacement for ACDSee & most worth while software I found on Mac platform. I was advising Lightroom for your image management & editing like resizing etc & seashore for editing like adding arrows or baloons to the image

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
goobimama said:
What's the best way to automatically get lyrics into iTunes?
GimmeSomeTune.

OK, guys. I just have to interrupt the conversation to announce this:

I landed the job at MacUser and they are going to pay me $7 per post. I'll be posting two posts each weekday, if not more. The posts will be TUAW style. Should be easy enough. That amounts to around Rs. 11,000 per month. YAY! :D

[I'll show my father that I can earn money without becoming a stupid interior designer.]

Sorry for the interruption, let the conversation continue... :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
*www.eternalstorms.at/gimmesometune/gimmesometune/gstdownload.html[I'll show my father that I can earn money without becoming a stupid interior designer.]

Never call desigining stupid.....you will earn more money with desigining & will be able to use your creativity instead of reading & writing something people already know.

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ How rude. If he loves to write more than he loves interior designing, let it be that way. It's his choice after all.

@Lord: Yep. Even though the our Apple store isn't a 'real Apple Store', the customer experience is still the best I've known. Always helpful, attending and they have no problems with me using the Touch for as long as I want :)
Although I must admit, my knowledge of the mac and how it works is slowly creeping beyond theirs, but still, it's a nice place.

Last edited:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
aryayush said:
I landed the job at MacUser and they are going to pay me $7 per post. I'll be posting two posts each weekday, if not more. The posts will be TUAW style. Should be easy enough. That amounts to around Rs. 11,000 per month. YAY! :D

Congrats mate.Good Luck writing.

Regards,
ray

Top Bottom