The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Made another one. This one took a longer time.

*paintmacgallerydata.atebits.com/pntm47567fc128ea13.88964804.jpg_thumb.jpg

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Query: So I have set up iCal to execute an Apple Script that reboots my router. Bit if my Mac is switched off at that time, the script is run when I next power it on. Meaning, the router reboots when I open Safari to check my email.

How do I make the script to run only at the time.

Query 2:
In FF, say I am typing, www.appl , it will list all the pages that I've visited there.
The same thing happens in Safari too.
But in FF, if I use the arrow key to scroll down to the 3rd listing, the address bar will change accordingly.
Okay, the same happens in Safari too.
But, in FF, one back space deleted only 1 character while in Safari, it deletes the entire new entry ( listing ).
How do I make it the FF way ?

Or do I need to explain my query in deep ?

Last edited:

goobimama

 Macboy
I must say, it is an interesting program (and all the lovely animations). Only gripe is that one can't use the usual keyboard shorcuts to move the canvas or zooming in. Btw dr, you should also try ArtRage. Pretty much the same thing (although more advanced) without the special effects.

Here's mine btw. Since the Small Cat was the topic for discussion, I thought why not. He's doing 'ze boat' pose btw...

*img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/th.adc7bdaa9c.jpg

Btw, am I wrong in thinking that the program does everything as a vector rather than in pixels? Cause there is no size that one specifies at first, and whenever one zooms in, it re-renders the page. I guess vectors it is.

@darky: just hit the right-arrow and then do the backspace.

Last edited:

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
Yea, I know that... but that's still an extra key to press :| So asked if there any way to disabled the text being selected.

drgrudge

goobimama -
That's amazing! So nicely done and looks good. Did you use Tablet PC? You got the license?

I'll download ArtRage. But we get only the basic version for free. I'll make a painting in that also.

preshit.net

ex3n1us m4x1mus
*paintmacgallerydata.atebits.com/pntm47569afb76e266.52371414.jpg_thumb.jpg

Scribbles is fun. That was done with a optical mouse. :|

Last edited:

drgrudge

It sure is. I know it's difficult to do something with a mouse. goobi's look so sharp, I guess he must have used his Tablet PC, but wondering whether that's a Input device or runs a OS.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
DARK LORD said:
*paintmacgallerydata.atebits.com/pntm47569afb76e266.52371414.jpg_thumb.jpg

Scribbles is fun. That was done with a optical mouse. :|
Oh a USR modem on Linksys WRT54G kept on Tata Sky DigiComp?? :))

Good job man!

goobimama

 Macboy
Ah yes. Wacom Bamboo Fun here :)

Btw, you can't draw for nuts on a TabletPC as we know it. Really inaccurate and no pressure sensitivity.

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
today i saw MAC interface at friends home in his PC
pretty good

offtopic
btw nice peaceful discussions going on here

Win Vs Lin has kept the attention of MS fanboyz out of here or else you know .. really cool and soo much peace here !!!!!!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Just the way we like it. :)

My vote goes to Milind's drawing, though it is a bit unfair that he is using the tablet thing, while others are not.

goobimama said:
That's a disadvantage of being you. I for instance find a lot of new info when you post links to here and there.
LOL! You'll reach this stage in life too, son. :p

goobimama said:
I'm also eager to try Scribbles, but I'm waiting for someone to buy it for me :)
Yeah, right! LOL! :lol:

DARK LORD said:
Query: So I have set up iCal to execute an Apple Script that reboots my router. Bit if my Mac is switched off at that time, the script is run when I next power it on. Meaning, the router reboots when I open Safari to check my email.

How do I make the script to run only at the time.
No idea. Never really messed with AppleScripts. :(

DARK LORD said:
Yea, I know that... but that's still an extra key to press :| So asked if there any way to disabled the text being selected.
IMHO, Safari's method is better because in the Firefox way, if you decide to type something else or delete characters from what you were originally typing, you have to delete the whole URL that appeared when you scrolled down the list. So it is one extra click in Safari versus several in Firefox. :)

MacHeist 2 has kicked off, guys. Happy sleuthing! :D

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
a_k_s_h_a_y said:
Win Vs Lin has kept the attention of MS fanboyz out of here or else you know .. really cool and soo much peace here !!!!!!

Donno about iMav, but I removed all other OS from my computer as I needed some HD space.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
WOW! That's an improvement. Thanks, from the bottom of my heart! :)

BTW, the deal with Apple Matters is sealed. I signed the contract today. MacUser sent me an email today which began like this, "Thanks for the samples, they look very promising." I think this one is a done deal too if the pay is good. :D

drgrudge

a_k_s_h_a_y said:
offtopic
btw nice peaceful discussions going on here

You talk as if we're lucky to be in peace and you guys are waging war? :p

Aayush -
Care to explain more about MacHeist? I know the site is there but still can't understand what these guys are upto?

I got a .mkv query. How you guys play it? I use VLC player. Quality wise both QT + Perian and VLC were the same but in QT, it takes some time to "get" the file, ie, I'm not able to seek immediately to any location. Also how to turn on the subtitles in QT?

goobimama

 Macboy
I don't install VLC on my Mac so yeah, Quicktime for MKV files. I realise that VLC plays the file instantly, but I use Front row most of the time so it uses the quicktime engine. As for subtitles, they work without configuration for me. If you want to play movies in quicktime without seeking, you can convert it to .mov format. Just open the MKV file, let it load in, then file > Save as. The output will be a sort of native h264 file which can be added into iTunes (Again, Thank you so much for this tip aayush. I wish I could pour hot coffee on my foot in your presence)

@aayush: Go dude! Make us proud!

The way the Leopard Dock was supposed to be
So, during the beta stages of Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard) there were some key features that Apple decided to add to the new OS, and advertise publicly on their website in order to create buzz and get people excited about the new OS.........

.......Instead I’m going to show everyone the way it was “supposed” to be.
This is not a hack, this Dock was taken from one of the Leopard beta installations that was seeded to developers and beta testers before the official release. Up until the final release of Leopard, this part of the feature was not only present in the beta versions, but was also included in the description of the new Dock features on Apple’s website.......
*kuragari.com/2007/12/03/the-way-it-was-supposed-to-be/

Seems to be pretty neat. I hope someone hacks the dock to get back that functionality...

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I sure hope to (make you proud). Thanks, Preshit and Milind! :)

I saw that Dock thing a few days ago. Pretty neat. It is only a matter of time now, I'm sure.

drgrudge said:
Aayush -
Care to explain more about MacHeist? I know the site is there but still can't understand what these guys are upto?
They make these extremely realistic websites and such and then give you a story and let you loose. You have to follow the trail, doing all sorts of cool sleuthing stuff like finding secret passwords, decrypting codes, logging into secure websites and sniffing around, looking at the source of webpages... it's all fun. Good time pass and exclusive to the Mac world. And they also have genuinely good shareware applications as rewards. I highly recommend it. :D

drgrudge said:
I got a .mkv query. How you guys play it? I use VLC player. Quality wise both QT + Perian and VLC were the same but in QT, it takes some time to "get" the file, ie, I'm not able to seek immediately to any location. Also how to turn on the subtitles in QT?
I prefer QuickTime Player because once it has buffered the whole thing (which, I admit, takes a lot of time), it works flawlessly. VLC, on the other hand, keeps crashing on me when I seek around. I never launch VLC for any sort of video anymore. I didn't even update it to the latest version. Perian takes care of everything. :)

Top Bottom