The Official Mafia & Mafia II Discussion Thread!

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I've been to cyborg's place. He was running on GTX 460 1gig. and with a quad core clocked at 2.53. The game barely manages to keep 15fps with every thing incl. physx cranked up at 1920x1080 res. Even in Indoors.

@Piyush, APEX is a module in nVidia PhysX SDK which will allow developers to implement Nvidia PhysX on Multiple Platforms(ps3, wii). Mafia takes advantage of this APEX moudle.. so it is called APEX Physx.

Last edited:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
As i wanted to play the demo.. I installed the steam and lauched it. But the update steam does on it's first launch is stuck at 0%. Tried deleting that .bolb file. still no use. Any suggestions?

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It's an ongoing issue for people who are installing the clients afresh these days. Dinjo posted this link which apparently worked for him: Steam Users' Forums - View Single Post - Steam Update Server down ?

For me, editing the clientregistry.blob file worked.

D

Deleted member 26636

As i wanted to play the demo.. I installed the steam and lauched it. But the update steam does on it's first launch is stuck at 0%. Tried deleting that .bolb file. still no use. Any suggestions?

Yup..had that problem...i deleted the clientregistry.blob file & then ran the steam application as an administrator..had to do it two or three times & then it worked..

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
So I guess I need an nvidia card to enable APEX PhysX? Right?
For enabling it, NO. It can't be activated with an ATI card as well, but the physics calculation would then be offloaded to CPU, hence increasing the load on it, eventually taking a frame rate hit. If you want want to properly enjoy full PhysX performance, then yes, you would need a dedicated Nvidia card for it.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
So I guess I need an nvidia card to enable APEX PhysX? Right?

Its like this.. with ATI cards... CPU takes charge of calculating all the game world physics. While using a Nvidia one... it reduces the load from CPU by taking the lead in game world physics calculation.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Its like this.. with ATI cards... CPU takes charge of calculating all the game world physics. While using a Nvidia one... it reduces the load from CPU by taking the lead in game world physics calculation.

And Nvidia makes sure that Physx running on a CPU is a horrible experience.

Did NVIDIA cripple its CPU gaming physics library to spite Intel?

Finally played the demo. Getting 50-60 FPS with everything maxed out at 1920x1200 but APEX PhysX off. When I change it to medium or high, the frame rates take a huge hit but visually it's all the same. Nice demo BTW.

Also playing original Mafia. Plan to complete it this time.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
went to the forum, blore. There in landmark u get a mafia 2 t-shirt free on pre ordering Mafia 2 for xbox 3shitty or PeeS3. No offer for PC.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
i wouldn't mind paying 1299 if the same offer is for pc version too. Even asked if i can avail t-shirt by paying them separately but in vain.

Top Bottom