The Official Mafia & Mafia II Discussion Thread!

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It's Rs.475/- shipped from Prashant. :mrgreen:

Anywho, here's my benchmark result:

*img268.imageshack.us/img268/174/mafia2benchmark.jpg

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Enable PhysX? on a single GTX260? There are 2 levels of PhysX settings, Medium and High, each would butcher the performance of high end single cards. Unless you slide in a dedicated PhysX card, it's hard to get respectable frame rates along with maxing this game out.

I have turned OFF PhysX, AA and AO. Even with AO enabled, the frame rates are pretty consistent. AA butchers my performance and I didn't dare try turning ON PhysX. The physics effects are excellent even without PhysX being turned on. So just enjoy the demo.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Enable PhysX? on a single GTX260? There are 2 levels of PhysX settings, Medium and High, each would butcher the performance of high end single cards. Unless you slide in a dedicated PhysX card, it's hard to get respectable frame rates along with maxing this game out.

I have played Mirrors edge and Batman AA on full settings with Physx enabled with smooth frame rates, lets see how this one fares.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
It ran on low+med with no PhysX, no AA on 1440x900 with a 8600GT. I hope I can do med+high with no PhysX and no AA with my 8800GT when it comes back from RMA.

@Tarey :- Even I played both of those with high settings and PhysX on, but believe me, Mafia II will kill your system without any mercy!

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 PM ----------

EDIT ---
:O It's only Rs.479! Am pre-ordering! **** yeah!

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
@Sunny :- Unless you don't want bad FPS rates, turn it off I guess.

BTW, already pre-ordered. Can't wait for 27th now :D.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
nextworld.in: The best place to buy PC Games | Xbox 360 Games | PS3 Games in India!

The delivery is slow but still reliable and cheap.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^I am in blore

Will see in forum, also call of pripyat is also on my list :p

quan chi

mortal kombat
I have played Mirrors edge and Batman AA on full settings with Physx enabled with smooth frame rates, lets see how this one fares.

I think you can easily play with medium.

Video Cards and resolution: APEX medium settings
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (or better) for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better)

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I think you can easily play with medium.

Video Cards and resolution: APEX medium settings
Minimum: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 (or better) for Graphics and a dedicated NVIDIA 9800GTX (or better) for PhysX
Recommended: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 (or better)
It's worth a shot. Besides, you can always delete the cloth simulation files of the NPC's from the APEX folder to gain more frames if you crave to switch on APEX.

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^yeah yeah i have noticed that too.Actually in my opinion its totally absurd getting a gtx 260 then adding another 9800gtx specially for physx.

when both the cards have support for physx.
anyways you have already mentioned it. "still its worth a shot".
What happens will be interesting to know.:D

i think he should be able to manage the physx at medium.

moreover i have seen the physx videos and it really worth a miss.

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
^^yeah yeah i have noticed that too.Actually in my opinion its totally absurd getting a gtx 260 then adding another 9800gtx specially for physx.

when both the cards have support for physx.
anyways you have already mentioned it. "still its worth a shot".
What happens will be interesting to know.:D

i think he should be able to manage the physx at medium.

moreover i have seen the physx videos and it really worth a miss.

Top Bottom