The Official Mafia & Mafia II Discussion Thread!

quan chi

mortal kombat
Guys please help at the middle of chapter 8 the games menu background went like this.
*img409.imageshack.us/img409/3306/mafia22010091918201400.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

quan chi

mortal kombat
Alright finished the game.and i must say the game is quite good i dont know why people say its not that good.Yes there are some twists and turns but still the game is quite good.I finished mafia 1 long back.and quit liked it too mainly due to the way its story has been presented.mafia 2 also keeps mafia 1's legacy alive.
some of its flaws.
Mafia2 is not a complete open world game.It has certain boundaries beyond which you cannot go.
mafia 1 has trains and trams,unfortunately mafia 2 dosent have them thus lacks a few varieties
In chapter 14 hey show a connection between mafia 1 and mafia 2.well which i should say is ok but was not required.

The only distinguished chapter of this game is chapter 11 i think where it has many possible endings!some were funny.

Overall this game should deserve atleast 7.5 i think.

ajooba215

Journeyman
can someone provide me the location of config file for mafia 2? My monitor goes out of frequency as i run the game...gotta change the resolution from the file itself...help needed...

abhidev

Human Spambot
i think mafia 1 had a gr8 storyline....n it was well put up in the game. mafia 2 could hv been much better...it seemed very incomplete.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Finally! :D
After a lot of forum searching I have found this thread.
Looks like I am late to the party. Mafia is one of my favourite series of games. I have to admit it I love this series a little more than Grand Theft Auto series.
when I first played throug Mafia the City of Lost Heaven the story literally took of my suprise. Never expected anything quite like it. The story line had left such a strong impression on me , I still recommend people to play than hand despite it being so old now.

Then I played Mafia II. Although the story line was as strong as the first game. I was a bit dissapointed with the ending of the story. I felt they should have done a lot better. A simple sentence of
"Joe was not part of the deal" really didnt cut the cake according to me
and thorougly missed a free ride to enjoy after I was done enjoying the storyline :(

Those who havent played the original Mafia game wont understand what kind of emotional attachment can create on you.
The feeling on the mission "Stairway to heaven" WAS EPIC!!

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^me too completed this awesome game last week...MAFIA 2...
I must say its one of the gripping storyline & excellent graphics...
& yes there are emotional moments also....

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@Zangetsu

Did you try Mafia 1? Its even better of a Story. Although the graphics will probably bore you now but you will love it :D

thepredator

Right off the assembly line
Sorry for posting in a old thread but mafia (I & II) is my favourite and i cant resist!
Okay i just wanted to say that for those who say the ending (In II) was not good i strongly disagree.According to me the ending was one of the best ending i have ever seen and very much realistic...i know it hard to admit that joe and vito both died but its what it should have been rather than vito taking out his gun shooting down whole army of men, saving joe, getting some booze and girls and partying all night and live always happily ever after...rather than it showed us a an angry and insightful vito reflecting about how being in a mafia has changed his life and he has lost everything now including his soul friend and his LIFE!
According to me the ending was the best.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
oh well necro bump..

so, mafia 2, i couldnt play it back in the time because of a lack of system capacity.

would you recommend it? City of Lost Haven was, is and will be among my most favorite games. I still remember each and every mission like i completed it yesterday.

please suggest.

Alok

Adventurer
oh well necro bump..

so, mafia 2, i couldnt play it back in the time because of a lack of system capacity.

would you recommend it? City of Lost Haven was, is and will be among my most favorite games. I still remember each and every mission like i completed it yesterday.

please suggest.

yes mafia ii is good game and worth your time.

Top Bottom