The Official Mafia & Mafia II Discussion Thread!

D

Deleted member 26636

are you guys playing on windows 7?i installed the game yesterday & i've faced a few serious bugs- 1.the car would accelerate alright with 'W' but if i press 'S'..it only stops but will not reverse. sometimes the car would reverse even with 'W' pressed.
2.the mouse doesnot work..the character moves left & right, forwards & backwards..& also looks up & down if i move the mouse forward or backward but the character will not turn left or right if i move the mouse.

i tried with two different mouse, ran the game in XP service pack 3 compatibility mode & updated the game with the v1.2 patch..but nothing works...can anyone help me with a solution?

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I completed the game on Windows 7 32-bit version with V1.2 patch. With regards to your problem for mouse not working, I experienced the same problem when I customised the aiming aspect in the controls. If you have done something similar, then reset the controls to default and everything should be normal. Same goes with vehicle controls. I reset it to defaults and then used Numpad keys for acceleration and turns, space for braking. Your character would only strafe with WSAD buttons, directional navigation is done only through mouse movements.

Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT change the default key for aiming in the controls, else the mouse movement goes all bonkers.

OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Vito's Taxi? Don't you mean Tommy's? :grin:

Right mouse click is the default key for getting out of a vehicle.

D

Deleted member 26636

I completed the game on Windows 7 32-bit version with V1.2 patch. With regards to your problem for mouse not working, I experienced the same problem when I customised the aiming aspect in the controls. If you have done something similar, then reset the controls to default and everything should be normal. Same goes with vehicle controls. I reset it to defaults and then used Numpad keys for acceleration and turns, space for braking. Your character would only strafe with WSAD buttons, directional navigation is done only through mouse movements.

Do not, and I repeat, DO NOT change the default key for aiming in the controls, else the mouse movement goes all bonkers.

Thanx a lot...reset the aiming controls & all is well:-D......btw, i'm playing it for the 7th or 8th time now...all of you playing got me excited to try it once more & i must say its still just as amazing...

Vito's Taxi? Don't you mean Tommy's? :grin:

Right mouse click is the default key for getting out of a vehicle.

Yeah i got confused with mafia 2. Mafia 2 game bio says that Vito will etc etc. So i thought Tommy's full name was Vito Tommy or Tommy Vito. :grin: Anyway thanks. But i already figured it out. The mission name was Molotove Party. Completed it with gr8 frustration. I kept crashing the car right after destroying those cars, at last i gave up the car and went on foot to Saliari Saloon. :lol:

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Now playing the Canadian whiskey mission.Still 10 more missions to go.

Good shift from regular set of games and vehicles.

Devrath_ND

Obsessed with Technology
Completed the Mafia today... It was excellent albeit old...

And was wondering whether the last cut scene when the thugs come and shoot the old man, is he Tommy ???

Last edited:
OP
Ethan_Hunt

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Yes he is. It's better if you use white font to hide out the end. It's a major spoiler for people who haven't completed the game yet. Dam! We need some spoiler code in this forum.

Top Bottom