Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
hmmmm .... imagine

a MS employee meets an apple employee

MS guy: f u
Apple guy: wait a minute

takes out the fone ... admires the gr8 UI opens up the dictionary, finds the word smiles and says see we got a complete dictionary

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Avtar, I posted that comparison before, but as always Salesman overlooked it. Even the newcomer Helio pwns iPhone.

iMav

:D Microsoft guys are sophisticated, genius & talented then Apple who only has designers & no software developer.

faraaz

Evil Genius
@gx_saurav: I believe sophisticated, talented and genius are difficult to use suitably to describe Microsoft employees...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
iPhone Activation Issues:

Believe it or not, I had to drive back to the Apple Store today to exchange my new iPhone for another.

The phone I originally purchased had something loose in the USB port that brought it out of charge mode with even the slightest movement of the USB cable.

I was the first person to go back to the Apple Store to report an iPhone problem, they told me, so the issue may be a rare occurrence.

The problem is, since I activated the first iPhone, activating this second one is proving to be a major hassle.

After going through the activation process, I got this message: “AT&T is now processing your activation. You will receive an email confirmation once your activation is complete.”

Until then, I can’t use any of the iPhone features. Calling AT&T offers no solace, since they are not committed enough to their customers to keep their support lines open past 9:00 on the date of the iPhone release.

I did get a glimpse of my first iPhone’s interface, and I like what I saw. But there are a few features that could use some improvement.Luckily, most of them can be easily solved with firmware updates.

For a rundown of the iPhone features as well as the flaws, check back tomorrow for my full iPhone review.

Sorry for the delay. It’s a teaser for me, too. I got to play with my iPhone for a good hour, and now I’ve got a new one that I can’t even use!

Source :D

sabret00the

Youngling
hey guys I'm still alive,well about the iphone - 1st thoughts it looks very good -typical apple - well if it works exactly like a mac then we might have our usual lemon - but time will tell soon...

Anyday I'd prefer a Creative to an IPOD and a PC instead of a MAC well....shud make sense by now....

Last edited:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
gx_saurav said:
Avtar, I posted that comparison before, but as always Salesman overlooked it. Even the newcomer Helio pwns iPhone.

And just checked on Ebay...it costs 125$ with 2 yr contract....:p

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
Here's the short list of dissapointments:

1. Bluetooth is ONLY good for connecting a headset. That's it.
2. There is no file browser on the device at all. Data must be organized (if at all) in the appropriate application.
3. The camera is a simple application that has ONE button: the shutter. Pictures come out okay on the device, but nothing too fancy on a monitor, especially if it was an attempt at a macro shot.
4. SIM card is damn near impossible to open, if at all. I didn't look into it extensively.
5. Web browser is slow, even over WLAN. Even the simple OneList web app that was created takes around 20 seconds to load over WLAN. You can not highlight, cut, copy, or paste and text from a website, and you can not save any images you find from a website either. The only nice thing about it is the tabbed browsing, which crashed on me when I went to Engadget and YouTube on two tabs. This is the only application that allows you to use the keyboard in landscape mode.
6. The keyboard sucks. It gets slightly better after the iPhone "learns" you, as the employees said, but even then, it's not a device you can use with one hand comfortably, much less without looking.
7. You can only send one picture at a time in an email.
8. No custom ringtones (yet, as we were being told) and the alert tones can not be changed whatsoever.
9. The default ringtones are incredibly lame.
10. The only form of customization outside of a lame default ringtone is the wallpaper, which you'll only see when you need to unlock the device or when you get a phone call.
11. "Picture pinching" or using two fingers to zoom on any content is certainly fun to play with, but not practical whatsoever. This operation depends solely on using the device with two hands.
12. No document editor or native viewer. You can not store documents on the device to be viewed, they can only be viewed as attachments when they're sent to your in an email.
13. Visual voicemail is laggy and reacts about the same way as pushing the fast forward and rewind buttons on traditional voicemail systems. The only advantage is for those that get that many voicemail messages a day that they need to sort them according to priority.
14. NO games. None.
15. No voice dialing.
16. No speed dialing (which can be made up by the "quick list", but getting to that quick list isn't as fast as holding a single key on a real keypad).
17. No video.
18. No MMS.
19. It's still <4GB for $500 and <8GB for $600
20. It only takes around 2 hours to explore every menu without any options for expandability except to scrounge around for new web apps that will load slowly and nowhere near as smoothly as the native apps.

This device looks like it was aimed at the general consumer who has the money to spend on such a flashy device, but it leaves so many basic features behind that it's almost impossible to consider it a success as a mainstream device. It encourages the advanced user to move away from MMS and into email to send images, but leaves out any advanced features advanced users would be accustomed to, and still retains a huge price tag on top of it.

It's certainly pretty and Americans will buy it because of that simple UI, but anyone who's familiar with other operating systems would be appalled. This phone needs to be unlocked and cracked WIDE open to make much better use of the multi-touch system. That, or it needs an immediate update in iTunes to rework every feature.

Source : *www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1190824

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
faraaz said:
@gx_saurav: I believe sophisticated, talented and genius are difficult to use suitably to describe Microsoft employees...
Well, all who I have met were like this. Oh & all were indians, not americans.

@ hemant

1) You cannot transfer files to another phone using Bluetooth or connect to iTunes using bluetooth? WTF :mad:

7. You can only send one picture at a time in an email. And Apple said E-Mail is better then MMS :mad:

12. No document editor or native viewer. You can not store documents on the device to be viewed, they can only be viewed as attachments when they're sent to your in an email. :mad: So much for a smartphone

Abe this phone cannot be even called a Phone. Salesman, seriously Apple is Idiot to relese this phone. Again...abe yeh karta kya hai? $600 for just iPod features.? Arya said, it is not for those who want to open there Zip files or read PDF, abe then what the hell is this phone for? If I can't send or recieve files of bluetooth :mad:

Lingeeks, I beg you to install Ubuntu Mobile on iPhone & come out of these limitations. I will buy iPhone if it had Windows Mobile or Ubuntu Mobile, atleast I could install whatever I want. But again, if ubuntu is installed, it might no longer work on AT&T network. But who cares, all I want is that this phone works on BSNL :D

This just in. The first iPhone iReturn. Taken from Engadget

digg_url = '*digg.com/apple/First_Engadget_iPhone_returned'; Hot on the heels of the Engadget iPhone headcount (12, if you didn't know), the very first Engadget iReturn has taken place. After ten and a half hours of waiting in line -- but less than 24 hours of actual ownership -- iPhone number one has been taken back to the store, citing "janky keyboard" and "no money for rent" as reasons behind the return. Note the look of utter shock, confusion, and hurt on the face of the Apple employee as she notified us of their 10% restocking fee (after the break).

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/06/return1.jpg​
Lolz.....Apple Employees are shocked that the god Jobs was wrong. :D

Apple has a beautiful hardware in there hand & it is quite capable. How ever if they still don't release complete OS updates adding all those features it is missing in software, like MMS, Bluetooth file transfer, then yeah....Apple is idiot & they want to stay idiots. All hail SE W960i

Last edited:

amitava82

MMO Addict
U guys are so moron... If you don't like a phone, don't buy it. Period. why do you have to discuss it for all day? Look at this thread.. 11 pages and running.. do you guys get paid for it? Jobless stupid fellows.. :mad:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
yo if u dont like the thread dont read it .... jobless stupid fellow :D u read 11 pages moron :D

amitava82

MMO Addict
Only sentence coming into my mind for you is "grapes are sour..."

I did not say i read this whole thread. This is the first time I clicked this thread and I just read this 11th page.. I feel this whole discussion is stupid.

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^^^ excuse me dude but this a tech forum and we are here to dicuss technology...when most peaple are interested...and cummon..y shudnt they....this is one of the most technologically advanced massacres of all time..a phone which switches to ipod features on one click and wen u r to call takes 5 steps....well a debate on this is what makes peaple aware on wat is going on...and sorry..noone here is paid..everyone is her eon their own accord..i guess u are the one paid fr interfering...nw stup and gt back to work..if u have any...sorry guys...but these comments are really idiotic...IPHONE SUCKS..BUT LUKS GREAT..:D

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
U guys are so moron... If you don't like a phone, don't buy it. Period. why do you have to discuss it for all day? Look at this thread.. 11 pages and running.. do you guys get paid for it? Jobless stupid fellows.. :mad:

Nah, we just like to laugh at the failed iHype that the salesman & his ignorant friends created. Seems like you have a problem with us using our free time, Amit, with all due respect, we are free to do whatever we like so, plz don't order us to do something.

Only sentence coming into my mind for you is "grapes are sour..."

I did not say i read this whole thread. This is the first time I clicked this thread and I just read this 11th page.. I feel this whole discussion is stupid.

Yeah, grapes are very sour, I don't have $600 to waste :(...I so wanna waste $600 on a PMP.

No wait, iRiver clix 2 :D

Like I said, the salesman starting so many iPhone threads & then getting pwned with the truth & facts out there is also stupid. But MacBoys just won't stop...Goobi, yaar u have a look. You say this phone is not for everyone. ok fine....then who the hell is this phone for ? someone who wants to use 8 GB Storage instead of 30 GB iPod Video to watch Videos :D

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
amitava82 said:
Only sentence coming into my mind for you is "grapes are sour...".

wat the hell is that.....iphone is not a grape....and gfor ur info i will be buying the k850 or the w960 on launch....and i get the same features for a leser price..if the iphone was realy worht it we nevwer would have reacted..here any such crap about the n95??..ya its slow and battery life is poor...but ery phone has its defects..but jfor the iphone the comment should be like..."every phone has something to be bought for"..

so dude chill..have sum coke..think ovr the iphone..hav sum grapes if you want...and chill..think before what you say
:)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Kenshin

i think u r right, amit bought the phone & now he is pissed off by the flaws he has. Since he is not getting the neck of Jobs he is taking out his anger here.

Amit, You can always nuke a salesman from Apple. :D

The other one
amitava82 said:
Only sentence coming into my mind for you is "grapes are sour...".

No sir the grapes are not sour they taste like sh1t , and that is why we are discussing technology in a tech forum. If you want to discuss relationship between Shahrukh khan and karan Johar , you are free to go elsewhere. We can't discuss ubuntu whole day (if that's what you want) , and knowing more/discussing about new tech products is this forum all about.

Summary : Please Shut up if you don't like it here. And we are not jobless, even if some are they are students.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
iphone is waste...

just the hype ...toooo much hype..

it sdoes not have many essential things.. like video recording ...IM removable battery..

the list goes on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom