The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
If there is something where Apple is at the pinnacle today then it is stupidity :D

This just in, some more iPhone flaws, which makes me wonder. Is iPhone a Phone or just an iPod :p. Taken from Engadget, the first review of iPhone is up, some iPhone facts

• The mobile version of OS X or whatever it is the iPhone runs takes up 700MB of the device's capacity. Damn son!
  • There's no way to cut, copy, or paste text! WHOA! Big, big mistake.
  • No A2DP support. That, friends, is such a huge bummer right there.
  • Sorry, music can't be used as a ringtone -- even if it's just a raw MP3. No additional ringtones will be sold at launch.
  • On a PC the iPhone syncs with Outlook for calendars AND addresses! Noice.
  • It supports Exchange in some capacity, according to Walt, but he doesn't exactly say how.
  • Pogue again confirms document file reading -- but not editing -- for PDF, Word, and Excel (only).
  • Adobe Flash support is officially out. It's just not in the browser. Neither is there any other kind of embedded video support. Sorry everybody, that's that.
  • It will take snaps, but won't record video. How can Apple love YouTube as much as it does and not realize cellphone-shot movies make up a sizeable chunk of the crazy crap you find on there?
More after the break!
  • Oh, and no MMS. And sorry, no voice dialing, either.
  • Contact groups can't be emailed as contact lists.
  • Apple sez between 300-400 charges the iPhone will lose battery capacity -- you'll send it in and get the cell replaced for a fee. Meh. We knew this would be the case, but still, meh.
  • Apple can (and supposedly will) be rolling out periodic updates -- no surprise there.
  • Battery life is, somehow, almost as mind-blowingly good as Apple claims for calls, music, and movies.
  • As we suspected, users are prompted with lists of WiFi networks if you're not nearby a trusted hotspot. We've seen this on other phones, and we're afraid this would get friggin annoying.
  • It's said to be very scratch resistant. The facade both front and rear apparently just doesn't pick up marring like regular iPods do.
  • Voice quality is said to be good -- not great.
He he he he, abe isme lene ko bacha kya hai, Where did the phone part go? :D

According to Apple "iPhone is a breakthrough internet communication device", where :D there is no JAVA or Flash support. What happens with YouTube (Real version)

Add to it, there is no IM support

No Bluetooth A2DP support. Those thinking of buying logitech bluetooth earphone, well....cancel the order

Can't record videos & can't set your own music file as ringtone :D

Assuming that you charge the Phone everyday due to its battery hogging features, iPhone battery won't last more then a year

Its phone book can't be searched
, only scrolled.

It is not a replacement for Windows Mobile Smartphone or Blackberry from any angle

Remembar why you should buy iPhone

1) You are a Macboy

2) You want to use your iPod features up to 8 GB in your Phone

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Re: First review iPhone = iUseless

n76 here i come ... no more wait for the pathetic device ... it really is pathetic ...

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

W960i, here I come.

Whenever W960i releases in India.

I just don't get it, you can't record videos :D.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

no cut copy paste ... jobs really doesnt want his customers to cut, copy paste ... goobi no cut, copy paste for text .... how about tht .... still u will side jobs' genius?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Correction

Goobi wants it cos iPhone has a big screen & Coverflow. He won't use it as a phone now, specially when it doesn't records videos or JAVA or Flash :D, so much for "Breakthrough Internet communicator device". Suddenly Opera for iPhone (which doesn't exist) looks a far better alternative to safari.

Arya wants it cos he is a salesman (expecting it for free) & likes the multitouch UI

Human beings want it cos it works as a phone & gives phone features.

Oh wait, it is the worst Phone ever, Human beings don't want iPhone.

If you believe otherwise, then by all means, buy yourself an iPhone and see how satisfied you are with not being able to send or receive MMS, not being able to copy and paste text into emails, not even able to record videos. Even my freekin 2 years old K750i supports features better then iPhone

Last edited:

Goten

Banned

Iphone sux iphone sux.

Damn I was saving movie for this.

I will get Nokia 1100....Its better than iphone.

LOL.

Peace~~~!

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

I wonder what are they including in that 700 MB OS. For gods sake, Windows Mobile 6 fits in a 64 MB ROM :D , what is iPhone OS X supporting? 64 MB OS & 626 MB of tutorial videos or that UI which can't be deleted. Talk about a bloated OS.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...

The mobile version of OS X or whatever it is the iPhone runs takes up 700MB of the device's capacity. Damn son!

wonder how much space does mac occupy on a PC then???:eek:

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Real Mac OS X installation on a Mac takes about 8 GB for installation.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

hey saleman where are u ? what kinda product is this ... il tell u honestly i was looking forward to buy an iphone but with such crap specs

my 6600 rox .... sab karta hai ;)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Salesman to iMav = 6600 :shock: that fat phone, ewww....it has no OS X, it cannot do expose, it cannot do coverflow. What good is your 6600, iPhone is much better. Who needs IM, MMS, Video Recording, Phone, custom recording in iPhone. Just look at the UI, it looks so freeking awsome. Buy this phone even if it doesn't do anything you want. Just look at the UI it looks so cool. The OS Is 700 MB bloat, Just look at the UI it looks so cool. Camera on Mobile phone sux....just look at the UI it looks so cool. Why do u need a 5 MP Camera when u can use 2 MP. just look at the UI it looks so cool. The web browser has no flash or JAVA support. just look at the UI it looks so cool.

iMav you are not a human being, any sane user will but iPhone. Who needs application in a phone when it can't do basic things. just look at the UI it looks so cool. Just buy this phone & go in public, everyone will be drooling over it. Oh & just don't get jealous of the other user there using his N73ME & surfing Metacafe.just look at the UI it looks so cool. Buy this phone to stare at it 24/7 just look at the UI it looks so cool.

GX to iMav = Get a N73 ME.

Salesman to imav = N73 ME, no way, it is fat, it has a freekin keypad with tactile feedback, it can install softwares, it has IM, it has MMS, it has Opera....don't go for N73 ME which does more then what iPhone does, just look at the UI it looks so cool on iPhone.

Mods.....delete if it is not adding humor to the thread :D

Bhai seriously, yeh phone karta kya hai? I can buy a W960i which does more then this. I can buy a iPod video with a K750i & i will still be cheaper then this.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate

thats why i dont listen to salesman and decide for myself what i wanna buy ... woh kehte hain na ... dikhave pe matt jao .... apni akal lagao .... but what can i say .... go buy the iphone just look at the UI it looks so cool

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

Macboy Philosophy : Dikhave par jao, apni aakal mat lagao.

Windows & Linux/PC users Philosophy : Buy whatever does your job & is best bang for your own hard earned money.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member

LOL guys .. Im not much into cool UI and stuff for a phone.. but I have a 6610i and does the work for me :D . I need just to make calls and recently i got GPRS connection installed opera and im connected to the "NET" ... can listent to radio if im bored at office :p . It doesnt have a good UI as other phones.. but my phone does what ever i ask to do :D .and im happy with it My next phone is will not be the one with apple logo >:)

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified

@ charangk

Real phones rock man, even my 2 years old K750i does more then iPhone.

Oh look, arya is in this thread...must be copy pasting articles.

Zeeshan Quireshi

C# Be Sharp !

sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Forget Windows Mobile. XP is smaller with Microsoft office included :p
AND , Windows Mobile has huge collection of business software written for it .

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!

gx_saurav said:
Salesman to iMav = 6600 :shock: that fat phone, ewww....it has no OS X, it cannot do expose, it cannot do coverflow. What good is your 6600, iPhone is much better. Who needs IM, MMS, Video Recording, Phone, custom recording in iPhone. Just look at the UI, it looks so freeking awsome. Buy this phone even if it doesn't do anything you want. Just look at the UI it looks so cool. The OS Is 700 MB bloat, Just look at the UI it looks so cool. Camera on Mobile phone sux....just look at the UI it looks so cool. Why do u need a 5 MP Camera when u can use 2 MP. just look at the UI it looks so cool. The web browser has no flash or JAVA support. just look at the UI it looks so cool.

iMav you are not a human being, any sane user will but iPhone. Who needs application in a phone when it can't do basic things. just look at the UI it looks so cool. Just buy this phone & go in public, everyone will be drooling over it. Oh & just don't get jealous of the other user there using his N73ME & surfing Metacafe.just look at the UI it looks so cool. Buy this phone to stare at it 24/7 just look at the UI it looks so cool.

GX to iMav = Get a N73 ME.

Salesman to imav = N73 ME, no way, it is fat, it has a freekin keypad with tactile feedback, it can install softwares, it has IM, it has MMS, it has Opera....don't go for N73 ME which does more then what iPhone does, just look at the UI it looks so cool on iPhone.

Mods.....delete if it is not adding humor to the thread :D

Bhai seriously, yeh phone karta kya hai? I can buy a W960i which does more then this. I can buy a iPod video with a K750i & i will still be cheaper then this.

HA ha ha...rofl......................so awesome...........couldnt stop laughing:)) :)) lolz......its funny and correct at same time

nepcker

Proud Mac Pro Owner

Look at other iPhone reviews:
*solution.allthingsd.com/
*www.nytimes.com/2007/06/27/technology/circuits/27pogue.html?_r=1&oref=slogin
*www.nytimes.com/ref/business/20070627_POGUE_GRAPHIC.html

Much of the hype and some of the criticisms are justified. The iPhone is revolutionary; it’s flawed. It’s substance; it’s style. It does things no phone has ever done before; it lacks features found even on the most basic phones.

The $500 and $600 models have 4 and 8 gigabytes of storage, respectively — room for about 825 or 1,825 songs. (In each case, 700 megabytes is occupied by the phone’s software.) That’s a lot of money; then again, the price includes a cellphone, video iPod, e-mail terminal, Web browser, camera, alarm clock, Palm-type organizer and one heck of a status symbol.

The phone is so sleek and thin, it makes Treos and BlackBerrys look obese. The glass gets smudgy — a sleeve wipes it clean — but it doesn’t scratch easily. I’ve walked around with an iPhone in my pocket for two weeks, naked and unprotected (the iPhone, that is, not me), and there’s not a mark on it.

But the bigger achievement is the software. It’s fast, beautiful, menu-free, and dead simple to operate. You can’t get lost, because the solitary physical button below the screen always opens the Home page, arrayed with icons for the iPhone’s 16 functions.

You’ve probably seen Apple’s ads, showing how things on the screen have a physics all their own. Lists scroll with a flick of your finger, CD covers flip over as you flick them, e-mail messages collapse down into a trash can. Sure, it’s eye candy. But it makes the phone fun to use, which is not something you can say about most cellphones.

So yes, the iPhone is amazing. But no, it’s not perfect.
Sure, it lacks some features, but there's no flaw that make it "iUseless".

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom