The official iPhone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Like they asked Apple TV buyers to pay for the software update that brought YouTube support to it, right?

Oh wait, they gave it away for free.

And the last thing I want is for Apple to load a huge camera on the phone and have it become 20mm thick.

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Lolz....W960i is 16mm & comes with 3.2 MP Camera, Auto focus & LED Flash

OMG....W960i is 16mm while iPhone is 12mm....W960i sooooooo thick :D

rajasekharan

Youngling
well, i dont want video recording, voice dialing . skype, firewall,

Support for viewing PDF, DOC, XLS, PPT, ZIP, RAR files in the phone, along with in E-mails, along with creation of normal TXT files.

Xenon flash

3G & EDGE both (any one is enough)

but i want the rest..

din

Tribal Boy
I never said every one should buy the product before posting comments on it. I know that is stupid.

What I meant is - most here post like - Review of iPhone - and by decisions I mean, for example - I will not buy this for $500, this is crap, this is not good in Indian conditions etc - I meant those comments.

Review - If you comment on a product beore seeing it, no problem at all. It is a costlier phone and not everyone can buy it and there is no point in telling that you should buy it before telling anything about it. But as far as I know the term "review" is something different than posting comments based on blogs and product video / incomplete specs.

Atleast the gadget-reviews should be such that the person writing it doing so based on his personal experience. Please correct me if I am wrong, I never wrote any reviews and I may be wrong at that point.

Coming to the 'useless' part. When you call a product useless ? I go and buy a DVD player and after coming back home I try to play a DVD and it does not work. I can call it useless coz it does not serve what it is meant for.

Now, if I go and buy a smart phone that costs me 20K and I found after comparing the features and specs the cost should be 10 K or less, I mean it does not worth the money.

Now tell me - is there any difference between "It is uselss" and "it does not worth the money" ?

Regarding the comments based on Indian condition - Did Jobs ever tell hes going to launch it in India tomorrow ? Or next month or even next year ? (Does all Nokia phones launched in USA comes to India the very next day with all the features?) and Even if he launch it for India, you are sure it will be the same thing that is launched in USA ?

By reviewing the product that is just launched in USA, we are fighting here. That is my point.

"wait for gen 6 of the iphone then"

You know it very well that Jobs won't take that long to rectify thing, then why such a comment ?

Now, please do not tell I am in support of Apple / iPhone (just like on the other thread where iMav said he know "my intention" :) )

I am not telling everyone should be un-biased, they should not post comments against the product etc. Nothing like that. But majority of posts here are looking only for teh disadvantages / shortcomings of the iPhone, that is not a comparision.

I know all the geeks out here are pretty familiar with the mobile-review site and Esato (second one u can call biased as it is mainly for SE), can you compare the reviews/comments in those sites to any posts here ? Something come even 100 miles near to those ?

Reason is simple, we prefer to fight :) and it continues...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
din lets stick to the topic ... ;) its not a fight if the thread seems to u as a fight there is very little we can do ... we are discussing and thats that if 1 wants to jump in more than welcome ... :) peace

please stop preaching us as to what we should post and what we should nt

din

Tribal Boy
Dear iMav

Would you please show any posts by me in any thread that is not related to the topic ? Please tell me in which post I was not 'sticking' to the topic, I would love to correct it and apologize.

This thread is exclusively for showing the drawbacks / shortcomings / problems and no way a review or un-biased information. Refer to the thread where I requested to all users including you to stop fighting on various issues. How many expressed the same feeling as mine ? How many thought we were fighting in the Vista thread and iPhone thread ? If that is only me, then there is something wrong with me, if there were more people, then it may be true that we were all fighting in these threads.

You can tell you are listing al the problems of iPhone instaed of "we are discussing and thats". That is the correct I think.

And finally, I never preached anyone and not planning to do so in the future too. I never tell anyone - "You are fighting like kintergarten kids, stop this or you are posting here mainly for fighting with others". Two reasons - there is no use (from my experience) and I am not interested in that.

Think again - why there are no quality posts, why many seniors leaving this forum, why the actual talented people just read and never reply. You know the answer very well but you pretend you do not know.

I would love to see Thinkdigit forum, a place of harmony, not personal attacks and people fighting like kids. That is the only reason I post in between some threads. If you think I am ding something wrong, please guide me and tell me how to corect it. I love to get criticised and always ready to correct my mistakes - I am not perfect and I know it.

Thank You.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
the 3 posts of urs each are no where related to the iphone :) i dont wish to indluge in a verbal war with u either ...

coming on the topic 'again':

the guys at anadtech have really ripped apart the iPhone heres what they did to it:

*www.anandtech.com/mac/showdoc.aspx?i=3026&p=5

man its heartbreaking to look at it ... say whatever the phone's sexy but look at what they did to it ...

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
I posted the news from the technological blogs & sites etc. Based on this, I gave my own verdit, & wrote it in such a manner that every user is free to give his own verdict. Thats is what we are doing here, not fighting. There is nothing good in iPhone worth fighting for :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
@din
You don't know what the problem on this forum is yet. There are some people here who have a bias against all things Apple and the amount of hype and attention the phone is getting has become a pain for them. What they are trying to do is try to glorify the shortcomings of the product (which are bound to exist in any product whatsoever) to try and hide the awesome features, user interface and sexy looks.

This phone is a combination of an iPod, a phone and an Internet Communicator coupled with a futuristic user interface and drop dead gorgeous looks. It is nothing else. If you want to buy a phone to view your ZIP archives or one to record video on, look somewhere else. This is, at the end of the day, just one product and it cannot be all things to everyone. Where it differs from other products is that it actually works as advertised and is great at what it does.

It has a lot of irritating shortcomings too:
  • No hardware buttons for specific tasks
  • No copy-pasting of text is possible
  • No third party software (apart from Web 2.0 applications)
  • No flash (either for the camera or for the web browser)
  • Cannot set MP3 files as ringtones
  • An alternate keyboard even for a full stop and comma.

Hopefully, Apple will have fixed these by the time the phone reaches India. But for me, these little niggles do not take anything away from the overall awesomeness of the phone itself. Every reviewer so far has said the same thing about the phone, that it is difficult to describe it but using the phone is an awesome feeling. Since that is the same feeling you get when you use a Mac, I am sure this is one product worth the price. :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ya look whos talking about bias :lol:, some 1 needs to be reminded about the comments posted 2 months ago

btw arya heres something for u:

dailytech said:
Apple to give free 8GB iPhone to all full-time employees

Every job has its perks, but the perk from Jobs for Apple employees will soon be making many outsiders green with envy. Apple CEO Steve Jobs said at a company town hall meeting that all full-time employees, and part-time employees with the company for at least a year, will receive a free 8GB iPhone, reports Think Secret.

While the phone launches today, Apple employees will have to wait until the rabid consumer demand is satisfied. The free iPhones will not be delivered until late July. According to Apple’s last annual report, the company employs 17,787 full-time workers.

Getting a $600 phone for free is a sweet pick-up, though it is unclear if the deal comes with any strings attached. Consumers looking to own an iPhone will have to sign up for a two-year rate plan at a minimum of $59.99 a month – plus other fees – tagging on over $1,400 in additional charges over the cost of the hardware itself. Apple employees have not yet been informed on what service contract requirements, if any, must be tied to their free iPhones.
Source

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
iMav said:
the 3 posts of urs each are no where related to the iphone :) i dont wish to indluge in a verbal war with u either ...

Well, I am always against wars :) so why should I indulgein a war with you ? lol

Regarding my posts, it is very clear why I posted in this thread. You are attacking (yes a combined attack) the apple fans with all resources you have. That is happening in this thread and very other thread. That is crystal claer for any un-biased user who goes through this thread. And of course the mac fans are defending / fighting too. I am coming back to Thinkdigit after sometime, as mentioned before this is new to me, I mean personal attacks and fights. I am a member in VT, chip forum and rimweb. Every day I spend atleast 1 hr to go through all these (or more) and to be frank, I never seen members acting like this in other forums.

So whats the conclusion ? Those forums hasn't changed but Digit. And it is for good ? When I felt it is not good, I posted in vista thread first, then I started a topic and finally I posted in this thread. My posts are based on other posts here and I remember someone telling "Forum flow will go wherever the members take it ? " :) lol

I have no "intentions". It will be very nice if we act like friends and post un-biased and useful information in ThinkDigit forum. That is not a personal request, it is a general feeling of many un-biased members here.

If you prefer to continue the fight - well and good. No complaints at all and preaching ? lol, never :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
din said:
Well, I am always against wars :) so why should I indulgein a war with you ? lol

Regarding my posts, it is very clear why I posted in this thread. You are attacking (yes a combined attack) the apple fans with all resources you have.
din u started a thread and gave u a reply ... there are 2 lines in that reply which will explain to u why the 'attack'

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
hide the awesome features, user interface and sexy looks.

In short, just look at the UI, thats the only thing which looks so cool :D

This phone is a combination of an iPod, a phone and an Internet Communicator coupled with a futuristic user interface and drop dead gorgeous looks.

In short, just look at the UI, thats the only thing which looks so cool :D

It is nothing else. If you want to buy a phone to view your ZIP archives or one to record video on, look somewhere else.

Then what the hell are they charging $500 for :p. An iPod. Like I have mentioned, they are calling it a phone without any phone features which all the other $500 phones feature. This is the point of argument, what are they charging $500 for if it doesn't even provides phone features. Isn't this another case of Apple for overcharging for there products.
This is, at the end of the day, just one product and it cannot be all things to everyone.

N73 ME, W960i, N95....oh & by the way, iPhone is heavier & bigger then all the other phones in the market.

Where it differs from other products is that it actually works as advertised and is great at what it does.

It is advertised as a phone, but provides hardly any features that standard phones provide these days.

Every reviewer so far has said the same thing about the phone, that it is difficult to describe it but using the phone is an awesome feeling.

Lolz..just 4 reviewers, who are all Pro-Apple (public fact). I wonder did u write the word Biased while looking at yourself in mirror :D

din

Macboys have been lying about Mac & Apple from a long time. We just showed them & to every other member in this forum how much they lie with facts & proof. I hope u have read the "No chance in hell" statement by Arya, to which he still has not replied :D

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
Lolz..just 4 reviewers, who are all Pro-Apple (public fact).
LOL! I was expecting this. Whoever speaks in favour of an Apple product is biased. Ha! Ha! They are the ones whose reviews Engadget bloggers read to make their list of flaws - the list you so happily lapped up and posted here.

They are professional technology columnists from publications like the New York Times, Wall Street Journal and Newsweek. Stephen Levy is the guy who reviewed Bill Gates recently when he said that infamous lie, "Security guys break into the Mac every single day. I dare someone to do that once a month on a Windows machine."

LOL! Biased my ass. I knew this was coming. Whoever speaks in favour of an Apple product is biased and whoever slams it is the reincarnation of Jesus himself. :lol:

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
What those 4 reviewers are is known to everyone. They are long standing Mac fans. I wonder why Apple didn't give the iPhone for review to real technology guys such as Toms Hardware or Anandtech or ESato or GSMArena.

Oh & wasen't it Jobs who said iPhone : JesusPhone

Everyone, I would like to show the pinnacle of Arya's ignorance :D

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
and who ever speaks in favor of a Windows product is biased .... wow man arya ur logic defies everything ... if some 1 writes in favor of Apple they are saints and who ever writes in favor of windows is paid by windows and what not if some1 writes in favor of windows u will dig up things like this event is sponsored by MS this blog is owned by an MS employee and what not ... btw im feel pity that u couldnt get the free iphone

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Aww...Manan, I do feel his pain too....so much marketing & advertising in this forum, still he is not getting an iPhone :D or job as Mac Genius in Apple Store.

Din...seriously, what will u say now? Read the link I posted. You still call us biased if he is talking such stupid things like "PC cannot boot from USB Drives"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom