The LG Optimus One Thread

pratik385

In the zone
Reboot to Recovery... Clear cache and Dalvik cache...
already done that and able to use it but whats with safe mode? it is appearing at bottom left corner.

Also i want to transfer songs to mobile i cant connect to pc i have mass storage enabled too...

Shibaprasad

Journeyman
@nipun
go to LG India site find LG P500 model then go to support tab download windows driver, disconnect phone and install driver, connect phone and wait for a minute for windows to discover your phone(do nothing). then choose mass storage mode from your phone to transfer files or live it for other use

At last I rooted my phone and install a custom rom.

I download this CyanogenMod 7.2 RC3 from CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Ice Cream Sandwich, is it a genuine website to download cyanogenmod. And is it ok to use my google account in it?
plz reply

Shadowfax

EdUcAtIoN vIcTiM
Hey guys,

Just rooted my O1. Ready to flash ICE ROM. I was just going through XDA look new updates. And came across this thread. If im not wrong it's the same ChargeMe thread renamed PREMATURE.

[STABLE][ROM][CM9][ICS][4.0.4][07.JUN.2012][PREMATURE] Cyanogenmod 9, ICS, CAF Kernel - xda-developers

Is this different than ChargeMe? IT's something Premature. What does these names mean? It's updated 7-June, so latest. Shall I flash this than instead of ChargeMe?

EDIT : ohh sorry.. Im so hasty for ICS that did not go down the page... :p :p :p Premature is the Stable 2.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Yeah, PREMATURE is the new updated ROM by hephappy. But one thing I don't understand. If "everything" works then why is it named, "PREMATURE" :lol:

Anyway, if it's really not completely matured, I think I am going to skip this one. Changing ROM is a PITA when it's your primary phone.

I download this CyanogenMod 7.2 RC3 from CyanogenMod | Android Community Rom based on Ice Cream Sandwich, is it a genuine website to download cyanogenmod. And is it ok to use my google account in it?
plz reply

Yeah, it's Cyanogenmod's own website. And about using your google account with it.. well it's your decision.
At least I use my google account in the CM rom's that I use.

Gingerbreak isn't working with my LG P500

Try other rooting apps. Like Z4root. Search for more in "FAQ about Rooting, Custom ROM" thread.

Shadowfax

EdUcAtIoN vIcTiM
Flashed the CM9 Premature. It's great..... muuaaah cyanogen ;)

Following the instruction on XDA thread, I tried this -

Install LINK2SD from GPlay, select ext3 and reboot.
Open Link2SD: Select AutoLink from Preferences.

But not working. It's saying

Mount script cannot be created.
mount: Invalid argument
ext3 may not be supported on your device. Try FAT32 on the second partition.

What does it mean and what shall I do now?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Have you even created the ext partition on your SD card?
You can make one from Recovery. Looks for detailed instructions on that thread.

Neo

Also i want to transfer songs to mobile i cant connect to pc i have mass storage enabled too...

This is happening with me too. When connecting the phone, windows says "Failed to install device drivers" :|

@nipun
go to LG India site find LG P500 model then go to support tab download windows driver, disconnect phone and install driver, connect phone and wait for a minute for windows to discover your phone(do nothing). then choose mass storage mode from your phone to transfer files or live it for other use
xda-developers - View Single Post - [DICUSSION][UNOFFICIAL][CM9][WEEKLIES]Android ICS 4.0.4

cyanide911

Broken In
Finally time to reflash my O1. Any recommendations? I'm looking for something stable and smooth. With a good battery life. I've had enough of unstable nightlies for now :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Yeah, PREMATURE is the new updated ROM by hephappy. But one thing I don't understand. If "everything" works then why is it named, "PREMATURE" :lol:

maybe cause the next stable build will be revolutionary. something new added. cause till now all we have since last 3-4 builds is bug fixes.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
im on CHARGEME ROM when i move apps to SD using link2sd, widgets are gone :/
how to get it back?

Move them back to Phone memory. Simple as that.
Gadgets don't work if moved to card.

maybe cause the next stable build will be revolutionary. something new added. cause till now all we have since last 3-4 builds is bug fixes.

Ummm... waiting for it :thumbs:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
im on CHARGEME ROM when i move apps to SD using link2sd, widgets are gone :/
how to get it back?

Don't move apps to SD using link2SD... its in the name... Link those apps to SD, don't move them. This way, all your widgets and keyboards will continue to work, and you will get a lot of space for all the apps you need...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I'm not able to play videos in premature ics rom. Is there any fix available or will it be available in a month or two?

Well, theoretically if videos can play in my CHARGEME then it should play in PREMATURE.

Some questions:
1. Are you sure they are in supported formats (mp4, and not flv etc)?
2. Are you sure you are not trying to play vids of high res?
3. Can you play videos in Youtube app?
4. Which player have you tried?

vipul619

whodiswhodat
I'm not able to play videos in premature ics rom. Is there any fix available or will it be available in a month or two?

We still need OpenMax drivers to get H/W Decoding enabled.
Till then you can use MX Video Player n stuff to play normal mp4 videos.
FLV might lag too.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Finally time to reflash my O1. Any recommendations? I'm looking for something stable and smooth. With a good battery life. I've had enough of unstable nightlies for now :p

You can always use ICS as like others..!!

Or if you are concerned about stability and battery life then Oxygen v2.8 is the way to go :)

utkarsh009

In the zone
Well, theoretically if videos can play in my CHARGEME then it should play in PREMATURE.

Some questions:
1. Are you sure they are in supported formats (mp4, and not flv etc)?
2. Are you sure you are not trying to play vids of high res?
3. Can you play videos in Youtube app?
4. Which player have you tried?

All my videos are 640x360 and I was able to play them in cm7.2 and all are in mp4 format. I use mobo player. Is there any hope that qualcomm will release openmax libraries for armv6?

Top Bottom