The LG Optimus One Thread

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Please suggest me a good ROM. what's the difference between CM9 Nightly and ChargMe?

Is it really worth going to ICS Rom or wait it to be more stable? And right now flash CM7.2 based ROM which is more stable than any Cm9 and also has ICS looks. I'm confused :-?

Right now, CM9 Nightly = CHARGEME ROM. (If I am not mistaken).
And it's totally worth going to ICS ROM (not if all that matters to you is battery life). CHARGEME is as stable as an ICS ROM could be for our phone. Currently using it. It's superb.

PS: ICS looks is not the same as ICS ROM. :p

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Once you get used to ICS, it is very hard to go back to GB... The smoothness because of hardware acceleration is extraordinary... Many extra features also present... Its very hard to go back to GB...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yesterday my 2G plan expired. And I am all geared up to try 3G on CHARGEME ROM. :D
Was just wondering what happened to Airtel's Rs 200,1 GB plan.

Please refer this thread to discuss.

Neo

So I too just flashed CHARGEME. Needless to say that its AWESOME.
Another thing that I found interesting was the music player Apolo, which was not there in LOVEME. I really like the white theme . Everything looks good in white . :rolleyes:
I wonder who will create a ThemeChooser White theme . :cool:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ I hated white theme. It's not good on the eyes specially when using the player at night (before sleeping) :p

So, I downloaded this black theme instead: *play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.andrew.google.music.blacktheme..

Now it's awesome! :D

Neo

Okay. So you use your phone daily 1-2 hours before sleeping. :sly:
You can lower the brightness .
But still , the light blue and white color combination is perfect . :D:p

Shadowfax

EdUcAtIoN vIcTiM
All right guys... I'll give a try to ChargeME. The zip file is ready with me. Just figuring out the rooting process of this stock ROM. Then I'll flash the ChargeMe. :p:lol::)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
come on boys, its time to ditch LG P500 :p

If I sell my 14 month old Optimus One right now, I might get back Rs 4k.

I add another 6k into it and take that 10k to buy a new phone. What can I get which can replace my O1? As I see it, there is nothing yet...

Maybe in 6 months, Sony Xperia U or HTC One V would mature enough to warrant a shift. Maybe a new SGS II for 18k would be a good deal in January 2013... Till then, keep using the workhorse O1 to the max...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Activated 3G for the very first time.
Sure is feeling fast :D
I have taken measures such as to update app only on wifi. Since 3G is still not that cheap ;)

Found no problems in using 3G till now on CHARGEME. But have to keep an eye on battery consumed.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I had updated to the latest CM9 Nightlies yesterday...

My phone crashed 3 times. It would not boot into Android after that... The only way to boot into Android was to go to recovery. clear Cache and Dalvik Cache...

After that, it booted to Android, worked for a little while, and crashed again.

Did the same procedure again. But it crashed again after a while...

Then, did factory reset, wiped system, and restored CHARGEME Nandroid backup I had taken a couple of days ago...

Crashed again...

But its working right now... Don't know when it will give up again... I have not overclocked at all... I am on standard 600/480 OnDemand...

Is my hardware dying? Would a clean reinstall solve the problem? Will have to find out...

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@AndroidFan :

That's discouraging me to flash ChargeMe. Crashed means exactly what?

Go ahead and flash CHARGEME... It is good.

What happened was, I was trying to take a screenshot for the Post your Lockscreen thread on this forum. At that time, the phone because unresponsive, screen off, but buttons still glowing...

Removed battery and reinserted, then restarted. It showed the LG Logo, then shut down again. Tried again, this time it showed a white battery logo, then shut down again. At that time, my battery was 75%+... I don't know why it happened. The phone is fine now... I am back to CHARGEME ROM...

Top Bottom