The LG Optimus One Thread

Shadowfax

EdUcAtIoN vIcTiM
I have a basic question.

To implement the latest changes made in any custom ROM, do we have to flash the ROM again or there is update notification? And that installs changes automatically?

Guys,

Anybody used this ROM ?

(JUNE1)|ROM|G-T-R V7| SLICK! SLIM! SNAPPY! | MyLove SOUL for my OptimusOne | 76.9FPS! - xda-developers

I'm gonna flash it today. Im just doubtful about the battery performance.

And I want to back-up all my sms on SD card or PC and restore when I flash the new ROM. is it possible, how do I do that?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
nope. unless there is nightly build and you have something like Rom Manager that can check for updates, no possible. also best to wipe everything and then flash.

backup sms? i think yes but no idea about restoring. though GoSMS should have such utility built in.

2. The hardware buttons lights starts on touching the touch screen too. Previously it used to activate just when the buttons were pressed. It causes more battery to be used.

thats a problem and which is yet to be fixed. maybe it is for buttonless mobiles. Though you can disable the lights in the keys. i have done it once using a script.

Shadowfax

EdUcAtIoN vIcTiM
nope. unless there is nightly build and you have something like Rom Manager that can check for updates, no possible. also best to wipe everything and then flash.

backup sms? i think yes but no idea about restoring. though GoSMS should have such utility built in.

Okay... means we have to again flash ROM with new changes :-?
:( :( :(

Anyways, I've got this app- SMS Backup & Restore.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. you can wipe cache and flash it but i don't encourage to do that. though rarely but you may face some instability problem.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Yeah.. SMS backup and Restore is the best backup app which I had discovered. It backs up your messages in your Google account. And is tad easy to restore! :)

thats a problem and which is yet to be fixed. maybe it is for buttonless mobiles. Though you can disable the lights in the keys. i have done it once using a script.

I have to find that script then. No use for me of the lights on button!

Shadowfax

EdUcAtIoN vIcTiM
I would like to share my story.........

1) I 1st rooted and updated from stock Froyo to CM 7 - 2.3.5

2) Used it for several months, tried sooo many apps, various launchers, themes, etc.

3) Thought of upgrading to ICS last week. Didn't know the "baseband" thingy. I flashed the CM9 and got irritated.

4) Tried to update the baseband. No luck somehow. Instead of going back to stock ROMs or I opted for CM7.2 - 2.3.7 but that was again for new baseband. :twisted: My bad... I should have read the thread properly. :cry:

5) Again flashed the CM7. Spent some time searching for new ROMs.

6) Decided to flash the Slick Slim MyLove ROM that was for new and old baseband.

7) Screwed something during flash process and screen got stuck at the logo :-o:-o

THat was height of frustration :twisted::twisted::lol::cool::mrgreen:

8) Managed to flash the Stock Gingerbread ROM on new baseband using KDZ updater. It's working fine now.

I have some things to ask-

Is my phone got unrooted? How do I confirm that?

Im not going to use this stock GB 2.2.3 ROM for a long. Would like to flash some good featured, flashy UI, stable ROM - obviously unofficial.

Thinking of CM9 ChargeME, GTR V7 and GingerBlur V3 - found on XDA, all having fairly good reviews except few minor bugs reported.

Friends, I need some suggestions here pls...... :) :) :)

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Whoa! :shock:
Congo for surviving KDZ aka The Brick Maker machine! :D

Anyway, I am using CHARGEME since a week now. It's very stable. No major bugs. I would say battery life is good too, but that depends on your usage patterns.

All the best.

prasathlr

Broken In
I would like to share my story.........

1) I 1st rooted and updated from stock Froyo to CM 7 - 2.3.5

2) Used it for several months, tried sooo many apps, various launchers, themes, etc.

3) Thought of upgrading to ICS last week. Didn't know the "baseband" thingy. I flashed the CM9 and got irritated.

4) Tried to update the baseband. No luck somehow. Instead of going back to stock ROMs or I opted for CM7.2 - 2.3.7 but that was again for new baseband. :twisted: My bad... I should have read the thread properly. :cry:

5) Again flashed the CM7. Spent some time searching for new ROMs.

6) Decided to flash the Slick Slim MyLove ROM that was for new and old baseband.

7) Screwed something during flash process and screen got stuck at the logo :-o:-o

THat was height of frustration :twisted::twisted::lol::cool::mrgreen:

8) Managed to flash the Stock Gingerbread ROM on new baseband using KDZ updater. It's working fine now.

I have some things to ask-

Is my phone got unrooted? How do I confirm that?

Im not going to use this stock GB 2.2.3 ROM for a long. Would like to flash some good featured, flashy UI, stable ROM - obviously unofficial.

Thinking of CM9 ChargeME, GTR V7 and GingerBlur V3 - found on XDA, all having fairly good reviews except few minor bugs reported.

Friends, I need some suggestions here pls...... :) :) :)

If there is SuperUser icon in your app list then it means your phone is rooted. But now its not rooted as u used KDZ, it completely resets everything!!

You can flash new baseband even after applying whatever ROM u wanted to flash. Evrything works fine, you dont find Network that's all :)

Root> Install Custom Recovery> Flash New baseband> Custom ROM!!

Everything is explained in detail here [HOWTO] Rooting, Installing - Android SDK, Custom Recovery, Custom ROM's - xda-developers

Shadowfax

EdUcAtIoN vIcTiM
SuperApp is there in menu? else its not rooted.

next time, seriously :wink:

If there is SuperUser icon in your app list then it means your phone is rooted. But now its not rooted as u used KDZ, it completely resets everything!!

You can flash new baseband even after applying whatever ROM u wanted to flash. Evrything works fine, you dont find Network that's all :)

Root> Install Custom Recovery> Flash New baseband> Custom ROM!!

Everything is explained in detail here [HOWTO] Rooting, Installing - Android SDK, Custom Recovery, Custom ROM's - xda-developers

So I have to root again. Just came to know that rooting the stock gingerbread ROM is bit complicated, Z4root doesn't work :\

Okay... Now I'm on new baseband LG-P500-V20g. :cool::lol:

Please suggest me a good ROM. what's the difference between CM9 Nightly and ChargMe?

Is it really worth going to ICS Rom or wait it to be more stable? And right now flash CM7.2 based ROM which is more stable than any Cm9 and also has ICS looks. I'm confused :-?

Has anybody tried the GTR or GingerBlur ROMs?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You should discuss about recycling P500 here in this thread other than modding it.

I reported your post. You don't deserve posting in this thread.

Can't believe the person I tried to help in Andriod thread is back stabbing us in our own thread! :(

bubusam13

Human
^^ Oh my my... :( Now a days you should never speak the truth. Aniwz, I visited this thread first time and will seldom visit again.

I reported your post. You don't deserve posting in this thread.

Can't believe the person I tried to help in Andriod thread is back stabbing us in our own thread! :(

:eek: :eek: I was just kidding. You got too emotional about your P500.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You got too emotional about your P500.

No. I am didn't get too emotional with my P500. It's my better half. It completes me. So the next time don't even dare to say anything to belove O1. :-x

Lolz.. I too was kidding. Don't take it on your heart! But do try to understand other people's sentiments next time. :p

chandrudme

Journeyman
Whoa! :shock:
Congo for surviving KDZ aka The Brick Maker machine! :D

Anyway, I am using CHARGEME since a week now. It's very stable. No major bugs. I would say battery life is good too, but that depends on your usage patterns.

All the best.

battery life is pathetic in my mob with CHARGEME :( have u flashed any other kernel?

Top Bottom