The LG Optimus One Thread

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^ Man! Date doesn't matter. The thing which I am trying to say is that in your case entire baseband information is wrong.
As stated on XDA forum, it's some CM crap.

Try to update baseband "again".. :D It might solve the issue! :rolleyes:

DON'T mess with the baseband... :-o

Done! Upgraded the baseband and flashed ICS successfully. :D
Thanks AndroidFan, Sam and Vyom. :)

Any link to download Gapps for ICS?

Congratulations... :)

GAPPS -- Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
Congratulations... :)
GAPPS -- Goo.im Downloads - Downloading gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
Thanks for the link!

I can't exactly recall how I flashed gapps the last time, but instead its like this:
1. Download the GAPPS and move it to SD card(no need to unzip the .zip file)
2. Boot into recovery mode
3. Select Install zip from SD card and choose the zip file of gapps.

For gapps there is "no need" to Wipe Date/Factory Reset, Wipe cache partition, etc, just a simple install zip from SD? Right?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
First of all congrats.
We need to wipe data only in case of flashing a new custom ROM. Not in any other case.

TechnoFan

Bazinga!
^^ Done.

Thanks guys for answering along my noobish questions. :)

Here's mine:
*img823.imageshack.us/img823/8053/screenshot2012060317443.png

Lets explore! :D

prasathlr

Broken In
Now i know why hephappy named the latest release as Charge Me. cause once charged, forget charging. superb battery life.

LOL!!!
Its called Charge Me cuz there was no Offline Charging options in any of the previous release, and they told that this one solves that Issue. But my phone gets stuck to the battery symbol once its powered off. And it doesnt Charge. Dunno what is the issue. And the Battery life is pathetic. I was using Dynamite V_2 and flashed Chargeme yesterday, looks like I made a mistake, the battery is poor.

Now going to try SLIM ROM, even though it is in Beta stages there are has been no update since a month after it was started, but the feedback had been battery life was excellent.

Even if SLIM doesnt work, i mite end up with Dynamite v_2 ROM!!

I am trying to upload the pics, but I am getting an error: Upload failed. I reduced the size of the file. Did everything still not able to find out. Anyone has solution?

I thought of putting up the Screenshots of SLIM ROM!!
Looks good. Let me test the battery and tell you how it is. And there are known bugs also.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Are SIM ROM and Dynamite v_2 ROM based on ICS?

And try ShootMe app for taking screenshots.

prasathlr

Broken In
Yeah there is one that was actually started, he said that he will update it along, but after a month i dont see any update. Here is the link [MAY7][ROM] SlimGen|v2.0 PRE-BETA|4.0.4 IceCreamSandwhich ICS - xda-developers

And I want to upload the screenshots but not able to. I am getting Upload failed. Any idea why?? :cry:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
And I want to upload the screenshots but not able to. I am getting Upload failed. Any idea why?? :cry:

Maybe it's application specific. I used to get error while downloading anything using dropbox app, while every other thing used to work flawlessly.
But there are various methods to send pictures in Android.

1. Using dropbox
2. Sending through GMail app
3. Google plus app also syncs pics in your Google account
4. Bluetooth transfer to some other mobile
5. Browsing SD card content via PC
or the best full proof method:
6. Browsing SD card content using a card reader ;)

prasathlr

Broken In
*i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q623/prasathlr/Screenshot_2012-06-04-02-19-21.png

*i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q623/prasathlr/Screenshot_2012-06-04-02-35-06.png

*i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q623/prasathlr/Screenshot_2012-06-04-02-24-42.png

*i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q623/prasathlr/Screenshot_2012-06-04-02-23-45.png

*i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q623/prasathlr/Screenshot_2012-06-04-02-20-18.png

*i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q623/prasathlr/Screenshot_2012-06-04-02-19-55.png

Maybe it's application specific. I used to get error while downloading anything using dropbox app, while every other thing used to work flawlessly.
But there are various methods to send pictures in Android.

1. Using dropbox
2. Sending through GMail app
3. Google plus app also syncs pics in your Google account
4. Bluetooth transfer to some other mobile
5. Browsing SD card content via PC
or the best full proof method:
6. Browsing SD card content using a card reader ;)

I am not able to upload it to Thinkdigit Forum, Now had uploaded it in photobucket, checkout :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
quite a long list of changes. does AOKP have the audio problem like CM9? when headphone is plugged in and one receives sms/notification ringtone is sourced to headphones and music to loudspeaker? i heard its a CM specific bug but yet to be fixed.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
guys can I install cm7 on htc explorer.

If your device is not listed on this page.. Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers, then I guess NO. :)

Btw... I wonder what happened to MIUI ROM for our phone! :/
Sam and AndroidFan.. any idea?

Update: nevermind.. found the MIUI ROM: [ROM][WIP][ICS 4.0.4][Unofficial] MIUI PORT by DHK [2.5.4][hotfix3] - xda-developers

Anyone tried it?

kaz

right here
I have tried many roms you can say almost every rom...from iOS to windows based n all cm9 too

but I dont know what makes me to stick to stock only :)

anyways can you tell me why CM roms take patchy pictures? I have seen that on almost all custom roms.
Also do i need additional (modem) drivers on my PC to connect my fone to the internet though PC?

Last edited:

prasathlr

Broken In
If your device is not listed on this page.. Android Forums & Windows Phone Discussion @ xda-developers, then I guess NO. :)

Btw... I wonder what happened to MIUI ROM for our phone! :/
Sam and AndroidFan.. any idea?

Update: nevermind.. found the MIUI ROM: [ROM][WIP][ICS 4.0.4][Unofficial] MIUI PORT by DHK [2.5.4][hotfix3] - xda-developers

Anyone tried it?

MIUI I tried a ICS 4.0.4 Was very good by looks and performance, but the only BIG disadvantage was the battery drain. It was too bad. Wudn't even stand for 24 hours. I had to charge it twice, but was very sad that I had to replace. :cry:

Now am using SlimROM, Superb battery backup, all the ICS rom came for maximum 12-14 hours from full charge to 10%, but this one is too good. Its been 10 hours since i charged it fully and as now its still in 65%. I just can't believe it. I am using like normally as i used other ROM, browsing(2G), playing games, and I text a lot, hearing music 1 hour each in morning and evening and still its in 65% :mrgreen:
I found new notification for ppl who text a lot, if you keep msg tone in silent, then this is the best. The 4 hardware button flash lights when you get a SMS or Missed call :cool:
This I had been searchng a lot and thankfully I found it :) :-o

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Prasathlr post reminded of discussing a couple of annoyances for me in using the hephappy's CHARGEME ROM.

1. I can access the notification bar even on the lock screen. (this might be the feature though). So it sometimes accidentally causes the phone to unlock, if I pull the notification drawer out and then click on any notification. Once I accidentally switched to 3G. Cost me 20 rupees straight. :(

2. The hardware buttons lights starts on touching the touch screen too. Previously it used to activate just when the buttons were pressed. It causes more battery to be used.

prasathlr

Broken In
Yeah the battery is dropping suddenly after reboot. I think so, came down by 4% in 20 mins, will tell after a longer run.

And I read that notification during lockscreen is an actual addition, but it doesn't work when pattern and pin lock is enabled.

And I personally felt Dynamite was better than Chargeme. LOVEME is better than CHargeme, my opinion.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Prasathlr post reminded of discussing a couple of annoyances for me in using the hephappy's CHARGEME ROM.

1. I can access the notification bar even on the lock screen. (this might be the feature though). So it sometimes accidentally causes the phone to unlock, if I pull the notification drawer out and then click on any notification. Once I accidentally switched to 3G. Cost me 20 rupees straight. :(

2. The hardware buttons lights starts on touching the touch screen too. Previously it used to activate just when the buttons were pressed. It causes more battery to be used.

1. Notification drawer in lockscreen is an ICS feature... My phone also got unlocked a couple of times in my jeans...

2. Don't have this issue on my phone...

Top Bottom