The LG Optimus One Thread

chandrudme

Journeyman
when i connect the phone to pc with data cable.. the phone charges as well as i can see a removable drive in my computer.. but the option to select "mass storage only" is not appearing wen the phone is connected.. so unable to do file transfer,, pl suggest a solution..

LG P500 - service manual from XDA

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
can you access the mass storage drive? or it throws an error when you try to access? if it throws error, its fine else its a software problem.

chandrudme

Journeyman
no.. even if usb debugging is unchecked, the phone is not detected.. :(
when phone is connected to pc the screen splashes...option to enable usb data transfer is not appearing.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
nope. TWRP is recovery. no way associated with system software or OS.

just wanted to check if the problem was with H/W. only way out, reflash the rom.

chandrudme

Journeyman
hmmm ok... reflashing o2 :(
thanks again..

hey sam it seems to be a problem with latest goldenleaf kernel..
i flashed franco v19.4 and now usb is working!! :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
dunno. will test tomorrow if mine is detected. maybe some kind of conflict with lg drivers. he kind of randomly enable disable them.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I hope everyone know of this: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/technolog...llion-android-apps-downloads.html#post1540077 :-D

@Sam: Man! You still havn't included our names in the first post!! :))

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Sam: Man! You still havn't included our names in the first post!! :))

will do. give me a few more days. my computer motherboard is on a trip to Mumbai. once its back i'll add all missing names & edit the first page also, a bit.

Edit: added 3 names. will try to add the remaining owner names tomorrow if i get a chance to play around with a friends lappy/pc.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Switching off your O1 for like 6-8 hours definitely saves about 10% of battery (from personal experience)!

Btw, O1 has several annoyances. One of them I am currently fed up with. Due to the short amount of internal memory in O1, I keep on getting "Low on Space" warning, even when I have moved every app to Card.
I don't know why still, there's only 15.11 MB of space left in Internal memory. Is there an app to clean it up!?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ No. I don't use mobile in my PC for Internet. I have broadband for PC and Airtel GPRS for mobile.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ Switching off your O1 for like 6-8 hours definitely saves about 10% of battery (from personal experience)!

Btw, O1 has several annoyances. One of them I am currently fed up with. Due to the short amount of internal memory in O1, I keep on getting "Low on Space" warning, even when I have moved every app to Card.
I don't know why still, there's only 15.11 MB of space left in Internal memory. Is there an app to clean it up!?

saves me 4-5% battery.

low memory error? how many apps have you installed? i have around 10-12 & still ~140Mb is free.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Currently I have around 52 apps (including every games and applications I downloaded since two weeks).
But I have manually transferred all of them to SD Card.

I have manged to gain about 6 MB space by uninstalling Swiftkey app, which didn't have the option to move it to the card. And so now I can send/receive messages.
Can there be more apps which are unable to move to card? Is there some app (like Space Sniffer in Windows) through which I can find out which apps are the culprit?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Scripts huh? Well, I will try that when I will install custom ROM in January.

I have came to a notion, that the space on Internal Memory is occupied because of the apps that came pre-bundled with the set, and which I supposedly can't remove without rooting.

So, anyway... will have to live with it for a month! :|

Edit:
Ok. Did a little research. Found three sources. LG Forum, Android Forum, and a blog.

Came to a single conclusion. Biggest problem for O1 is its limited Internal Memory. Your phone starts to diminish in performance when the internal memory reaches below 20 MB. You get a dreaded error message that Memory is full, when it reaches below 16 MB. And then you can't even sent or receive message. Nor can you add/edit a contact.

If you are among those who likes to download a lot of apps at regular intervals, then you have no other choice but to root it, and remove the bloatware that came pre-bundled.

Well, since I wanted to gain space without rooting first, I tried a few apps to make it happen. I installed Apps 2 SD, which helped me in recognizing the apps which I can move to card and help me to do that easily. And I downloaded Android Assistant, which is a pretty nifty app. It has many functions, along with, Process Killer, Cache and System Cleaner, etc.
One awesome thing about Android Assistant was that, it had a Startup Manager. But instead of selecting which apps to start, it showed a list of apps which I wanted to kill, as soon as the phone starts. Hence I checked a stupid app, "bollywoodji", which used to intrude the phone's status bar to show some stupid bollywood gossip stories!

Well, using all the apps that I could, I managed to gain around 10 MB space. Now my O1 has 30 MB of space, which is good for now.

But one thing is still bugging me, which if solved, can help me reclaim more than 67 MB's of space!

According to my knowledge, .apk files are like .exe's in windows. Android used .apk files to install apps. Now, if those are just installers and doesn't serve any purpose after it gets installed, can't I detete the >67 MB of .apk files from the /system/app folder?
If someone know, about it, please answer.

Top Bottom