The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam is the below kernel suitable for O1?

[KERNEL][12 NOV]franco.Kernel | .v1.1-02102011 | .v1.2-12112011-testing | 2.6.35.14 - xda-developers

thats from the .35 tree. whereas some report excellent performance & battery, i faced black screen bug all the time. also it can only be used with 3 ROMs. make a nandroid backup. then flash 6.6.1/Pheonix rom. i'll not shift to .35 tree unless the blackscreen problem is totally gone.

next rom most likely will be oxygen 4.0 or lupohirp's rom. andy strips his rom from some important settings. can't live without them.

Vickyrealcool

Broken In
Well, at the moment, the cheapest rate on which you can get O1 is Letsbuy. The current cost if Rs 8999 including a bluetooth. Trust me, I just placed an order for the same, after two months of planning. Although Flipkart is more reliable but they are selling it for Rs. 9700, and that too w/o Bluetooth. But their service rocks. So decision is yours.

Also, can't say about others, but sellers like Flipkart and Letsbuy usually sell for free shipping. Which means, you would have to pay the exact amount as quoted in final transaction, and not a single rupee more.

thanks for reply vineet369 and sam,BTW LG P690 is available @ 10k (street price) is it wise to procure P690 @ 10k.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
does anybody knows is AMEXLB coupon works with sbi/maestro cards??

You can try. Although AMEXLB is "supposed" to work with only American Express Card, many claims it worked on other cards too.
But, it didn't for my ICICI Net banking, when I had tried.

Edit:

I am now a proud owner of an O1 !
And I am on ninth cloud! :cloud9: :bananana:

Now, I wish my name must be included in the Current O1 users, in 1st post!! :-D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ welcome to the Optimus One family :smile:

check XDA for the development of ICS for our mobile. for now stick to the official rom & if possible don't update to official GB if yours came with froyo.

i'll update first post later. even my name is missing from there.

utkarsh009

In the zone
Will the dust under screen be visible if I put a mirror screen protector over the screen (when backlight is on)?

One more question. The older drivers that came with the stock rom for PC doesn't seem to be working with cm7 (for modem usage) which drivers should I use?

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ welcome to the Optimus One family :smile:

check XDA for the development of ICS for our mobile. for now stick to the official rom & if possible don't update to official GB if yours came with froyo.

Thanks dude!!
Right now, the bold part looks greek to me. But I will make sure to google it when I get time. Yes, my phone came with Froyo, and I am not planning to change it, till December ends. (My exams being the chief reason) :-D

And thanks again! My O1 is black, and it looks, "Uber Cool"! Cooler then I expected! Will write reviews in my own words in some time. :))

Edit: Just figured, XDA maybe a forum, and ICS, is Ice Cream Sandwhich. I am not That dumb, you know! :-D

Btw, right now I am happy that O1 automatically received settings from Airtel which are required to run Internet. I don't know about what charges would it consume. But I am working on it. Slowly and steadily. Enjoying every swipe!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
haha. subscribe to a GPRS pack else it'll auto sync picasa album, contacts & calander and you'll be shown your balance as 0 in less than an hour.

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
utkarsh009 said:
Will the dust under screen be visible if I put a mirror screen protector over the screen (when backlight is on)?

Yup, and if you are buying a screen guard just for that, pls save your money !!!

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
haha. subscribe to a GPRS pack else it'll auto sync picasa album, contacts & calander and you'll be shown your balance as 0 in less than an hour.

I wish I read that before! You were right.
My balance was Rs. 36, when I hadn't insert Airtel's SIM. And when I did inserted the SIM, and net was automatically activated, I was surprised to see that in less than an hour amount reduced to Rs. 9. It was then, that I deactivated, "Data Enabled", to turn it off. :(

So, what do you suggest, "MTNL" or "Airtel", 2G, or 3G so that I can be online, along with balance on my mobile!
Also, I heard, facebook doesn't charge on mobiles! How true is that? :|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
So, what do you suggest, "MTNL" or "Airtel", 2G, or 3G so that I can be online, along with balance on my mobile!
Also, I heard, facebook doesn't charge on mobiles! How true is that? :|

i use Airtel 48 pack. 1Gb for 10days (2G). recharge 3times a month. no idea about MTNL. not available in my city.

before facebook was free but if you use through opera mini or stock browser or facebook app, you'll definitely be charged.

PS: if you use airtel GPRS, go to settings>wireless&network>mobile network & untick the "use 2G only option". if your luck is good, you may get 3G at 2G rate :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ So, that comes around Rs. 144 a month. Sounds like a good plan. Will talk to CC.
Btw, you told from the places from where access to facebook would be charged. So isn't there a way, it won't. Like I heard, if you use, 0.facebook.com?

There are many queries which are emerging right now, but the most prominent ones are listed below, pls try to resolve them!

1. The above question
2. Currently, my O1 doesn't have a screen guard. Will using the phone w/o the guard is not advisable?
3. It took about 4 hours to completely charge. Is this normal time?
4. When I open an app named, "TasKiller", it shows many tasks with yellow titles. Are those the apps which are currently running? Does that mean, Android doesn't close the tasks completely by default, and I need to make those kill manually?
5. I can't play games and some apps dont work. Says, "Internet/GPRS charges may apply depending on your data plan." So these apps need activation before I use them? And will charges also apply whenever I play?

Well, just these for now. Sorry to bombard with so many questions. :oops:

Edit: One more question (and this is Very important one):
6. I purchased O1 from Letsbuy. And there's a bill along. But in the product manual, their also is a Warranty Card. Would I require this, if god forbid, anything happens to my Android?
And if I do require this warranty card, then how to get dealer's stamp, where the space is provided, from letsbuy? :confused:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
theres a 148plan that offers 2Gb for same 30days. so i get 1Gb more & save Rs.6 :grin:

1. no idea about that site. never tried. using facebook app from day 1. it sucks but i like it.
2. O1 comes with a screen guard. if yours didn't came, get one from HS18. they used to have compitable one.
3. yup. normal.
4. DON'T USE TASK KILLERS. why? google it ;-) Tip: use fast reboot
5. can't play game? which game? AFAIK, most games don't need any net connections. yes, some games need to download additional data. for app, i think only thinkfree office needs activation.
6. dunno. keep both. most likely they'll check bill for date. warranty card is blank i guess.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
All I got was an enclosure, which feels velvet. No screenguard! :(
Although this looks good. The last one on this link: Lg optimus one : Buy in India @ Flipkart.com
(Also Jelly case looks cool too? :) )

Yes, warranty card is blank. So these wordings on the card scares me:
The LG GSM Mobile comes with 1 year warranty on Handset & Charger and 6 months of warranty on Battery & Memory Card from the date of purchase of the product, provided always the warranty card bears the rubber stamp, date and signature of our Authorized Dealer.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i got some ezone wifi card & a screen guard was attached to the screen. thats it.
about the warranty card, wait for others to reply. i feel the missing stamp shouldn't cause any problem as it is an online purchase.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Thanks Sam! You have been a life saver, in taking my baby steps into the world of Android! :-D

Top Bottom