The LG Optimus One Thread

Gollum

Collector
show him the market price of Optimus Net. 7k will be a better price for a used mobile.

fixed.
in other news, gollum found out that more and more budget smartphones are now equipped with a 1ghz CPU. So why go for slower ones.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Anyone here using Mik's 6.5.8?? Please put your inputs ;)

Well, I followed the thread over XDA, but it seems that few facing many bugs and few of them no bug at all.

I didn't felt like updating till now as I was really happy with my present ROM + Kernel, i.e. 6.5.7 + GBS v18a

But nowadays I get too many FC's, black screen bug appeared out of nowhere, phone hangs, wakelocks etc.

So thinking of updating and trying the new ROM.

As this is my primary phone, I dont like testing ROM's like others.

gmg9

in the kaya
same here .. . didn't update aftr seeing 6.5.8 feedbck. I am happy with 6.5.7 + ffk 19.4cfs, getting fc for markets, dsp n a few apps ..
bt no bb bug yet .. sometimes wifi needs to reenable .. I think oc n governor r responsible for this ..
mine oc @ 480/768 smoothass v2...
state urs ... try to change governor or try not to oc .. see if da probs continue ...

Neo

6.5.8 is not that good. I tested it and now i'm back to 6.6.1.
and when i tried it with francos kernel 19.4 , the black screen bug totally took over. Not getting the screen at all.
Also DSP manager doesn't work in there...

sganesh

Journeyman
Currently im using V20C which has lot of problems like worst battery life,GPS not working so on..Even with data connection diabled its not giving even 1 day without charging..
Which is Best Softwareversion available for LG optimus one?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hmm thanks for your opinion.

Actually don't know why my setup started creating problems. The main problem is Launcher gets FC now and then. I'm using Launcher Pro.

Lets see if changing governer helps as gmg9 suggested, I was using SmartassV2, now I shifted to InteractiveX, seems more stable than before.

Lets see for few days, otherwise I need to stop OC'ing my device. Looks like it's dying :(

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i think oxygen ROM is a mix of AOSP + CM. too lazy to google ;-) i'll go for a tried & tested ROM than a brand new project (AOSP).

currently only 2 AOSP available. one is Andy's. tested it when first released but it too suffering from blackscreen bug & bad lockscreen. the 2nd AOSP is still raw. but looks promising.

Neo

currently only 2 AOSP available. one is Andy's. tested it when first released but it too suffering from blackscreen bug & bad lockscreen. the 2nd AOSP is still raw. but looks promising.
Andy's ROM is CAF and not AOSP.

Chetan1991

Youngling
My O1 is generating background static noise. it is not just the speaker as ive checked with the earphones as well. Could it just be dust inside the phone?? anyone else experienced this??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I am very disappointed with the overall Android experience provided by companies like LG and Samsung. Hackers have to do all the heavy lifting for these companies to make their devices VFM... Imagine Optimus One on stock ROM... it is complete ****...

I am sorely disappointed to find out the LG won't be updating world's first dual core Android phone, LG Optimus 2X to Ice Cream Sandwich... -- LG confirms no Ice Cream Sandwich for Optimus 2X - SlashGear

This is so sickening... I will try my best to ensure my next phone is a Nexus... No more going after unreliable OEM phones... Come June 2012, I will get a Nexus... that is the only option now... else will go for Nokia WP7/WP8 device...

pratheekb96

Unemployed
I am very disappointed with the overall Android experience provided by companies like LG and Samsung. Hackers have to do all the heavy lifting for these companies to make their devices VFM... Imagine Optimus One on stock ROM... it is complete ****...

I am sorely disappointed to find out the LG won't be updating world's first dual core Android phone, LG Optimus 2X to Ice Cream Sandwich... -- LG confirms no Ice Cream Sandwich for Optimus 2X - SlashGear

This is so sickening... I will try my best to ensure my next phone is a Nexus... No more going after unreliable OEM phones... Come June 2012, I will get a Nexus... that is the only option now... else will go for Nokia WP7/WP8 device...

yup it is pretty sad....but thank god for whoever made xda!! =D
galaxy nexus registration is open, u cud register alredy =P

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
AndroidFan said:
I am sorely disappointed to find out the LG won't be updating world's first dual core Android phone, LG Optimus 2X to Ice Cream Sandwich...

Dont worry, LG Optimus 2X will get ICS update after all, the saga is over :)

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Dont worry, LG Optimus 2X will get ICS update after all, the saga is over :)

Optimus 2X does not even have official Gingerbread ROM yet... and we are to believe they will update it to ICS... lol...

LG, you can't fool customers now...

Top Bottom