The LG Optimus One Thread

so hows performance and stability of this rom???

Excellent battery backup, even better thn froyo roms. Performance is double the froyo official rom but you cant compare it with custom roms like Cm7. If you are looking for great battery backup, no bugs at all and at par performace- than go for the official gingerbread.

My quad scores are 1021 and neocore is 38.2fps. I haven't charged the mobile from last 24 hours, and its still 43%. 2g sync,facebook,twitter, gtalk always on. 1-2 hours of music, 20-30mins of gaming and offcourse I do browse a lot.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ok, now after trying CM7 I'm really liking it, specially the battery life, and the smoothness. And overall a lag free Android :)

Thanks for Sam and Android Fan for all the help.

Now, I need solutions to some problem.

Firstly, Date and Time, I've enabled Automatic Date and Time, but it shows wrong date and time, I guess it's calculating wrong region, there is no option for setting region too. How can I fix this?? I know, disabling Automatic will solve the problem. But still, is this a bug?? I didn't see that in bug list.

Secondly, Weather widget, I'm not satisfied with the weather widget I'm using right now(Go Weather), I mean, it doesn't refresh when I unlock screen or when I enable WiFi(I didn't see any settings for that, though I'll surely look again).

Ok, now after trying CM7 I'm really liking it, specially the battery life, and the smoothness. And overall a lag free Android :)

Thanks for Sam and Android Fan for all the help.

Now, I need solutions to some problem.

Firstly, Date and Time, I've enabled Automatic Date and Time, but it shows wrong date and time, I guess it's calculating wrong region, there is no option for setting region too. How can I fix this?? I know, disabling Automatic will solve the problem. But still, is this a bug?? I didn't see that in bug list.

Secondly, Weather widget, I'm not satisfied with the weather widget I'm using right now(Go Weather), I mean, it doesn't refresh when I unlock screen or when I enable WiFi(I didn't see any settings for that, though I'll surely look again).

1. Go to settings-date and time- select time zone GMT +05:30, IST
and then select the automatic option, it will update it. Its related to network if they push the automatic update, and sometimes it does fail.

2. I dont use GO weather widget, if you looking for such features which you mentioned here- use beautiful widgets, or fancy widgets.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

Will try both again, but time problem didn't solved. BTW I tried that already before posting and tried that again now, didn't helped.

Looks like BSNL itself is pushing wrong information.

sanket

Broken In
I want to share .apk files via bluetooth in my LG Optimus One. For this i tried "bluetooth file transfer" application. But as soon as the application is started, it shows an error message
"Can't initialize low-level Bluetooth library! Reason: bt_api->standard->hw_layer->constructor) Can't link to bluetooth servics,"
what could be the problem>??? any other way to share .apk files via bluetooth???

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^^Two days ago, I shared Talking Tom Cat pro with my uncle... it was a 17 MB file and shared it without any problems whatsoever using Bluetooth File Transfer.

Make sure both your phone and the receiver phone are set to "discoverable" and then try again...

Will try both again, but time problem didn't solved. BTW I tried that already before posting and tried that again now, didn't helped.

Definitely BSNL. Their towers have wrong location info and messes up AGPS navigation. And now even their time settings are wrong...

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
FM is really problematic. Well it enables BT, though this is already mentioned at ROM Thread(though I don't know how come LG managed that if it's the same chip). But the main problem is no Auto Scan option, and only 5 channels can be saved. :(

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Hey guys is there any way possible to use PC's net connection on p500?

btw updated to mik's cyano, It's so awesome xD, gonna flash kernel etc now :D

gmg9

in the kaya
la..lalala..la..lalala..

hey guys..finally today morning i captured da device..
as i told u its for rs. 7500/-
1. phone with rs. 250 screen protector
2. free 2gb wifi hotspot card (ozone)

and its a ICC world edition..

bt the prob is dat is by default comes with the v10c..

so my question is dat is it possible to upgrade to GB without downgrade to v10b ??

BSNL :shock::shock: its the cause of pushing wrong information. Does this feature matter ? if you manually add the time, it will still reflect the same as it does with auto feature :)):))

la..lalala..la..lalala..

hey guys..finally today morning i captured da device..
as i told u its for rs. 7500/-
1. phone with rs. 250 screen protector
2. free 2gb wifi hotspot card (ozone)

and its a ICC world edition..

bt the prob is dat is by default comes with the v10c..

so my question is dat is it possible to upgrade to GB without downgrade to v10b ??

Congrats, and yes. You can root the v10c etc from gingerbread root application which was discovered later. Check xda.

gmg9

in the kaya
Congrats, and yes. You can root the v10c etc from gingerbread root application which was discovered later. Check xda.

i chek with lg, they r nt provifing the GB upgrade yet, says in august or septembar.
so hw u got the oficial GB upgrade and can plz tell me steps to install it. thx.

after seeing so many custom roms threads.. i really confused..
guys plz help me..
which custom rom i should install.. i need a stable one..
i heard cm7.1-rc0 has some bugs and many things nt working.. so which cm should i install..

is there any other good custom roms i should try..

plz suggest..

siddhesh222

Journeyman
We aren't using the offficial LG gingerbread.Probably won't. And it ain't gonna be releasing anytime soon.

Install void #forever. IMO that's the most stable gingerbread custom ROM.

Top Bottom