The LG Optimus One Thread

Hi...
I want to upgrade my SD Card to 8 or 16 GB.......i want to know and want all you to suggest which will be good to use 8 or 16....will using 16 gb card slows down the phone in anyway....and i also want to know which is a better brand Sandisk, Kingston, Transcend, or any other.....

no there will not be any issues until you get a class 4 or more. all brands are same except sandisk as I hv never seen any class 4 cards.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
@funzuloo

All of the brands you mentioned are more or less the same. Get a card from the company with a nearby service center to you.

People do say you need to have a class 4 or plus card but I have a 8gb class 2 one and my phone has just reeboted twice in my 1 month plus of usage.No issues.

@funzuloo

All of the brands you mentioned are more or less the same. Get a card from the company with a nearby service center to you.

People do say you need to have a class 4 or plus card but I have a 8gb class 2 one and my phone has just reeboted twice in my 1 month plus of usage.No issues.

you using original rom ?

I guess when you flash rom that uses swap/ext, it would be good enough to get a class 4 card to get more speed. Also, he's opting for 16gb.

gatsri

Right off the assembly line
Geeks I need some help ,

I am running on prime V2, and yesterday I activated my 3g (airtel) , I found that 3g is not working in my phone. Other user from erodov confirmed that 3g works fine with prime v2.

I see the symbol "H" after 3g got activated, however there is no incoming traffic , i could see only some outgoing traffic.

Customer care told me that , there is no specific settings for 3g, the APN settings are same as before ( airtelgprs.com) . These are my settings Mobile Networks >>data enabled (checked), data roaming (Checked), network mode - Gsm/ Wcdma auto, use only 2g network (unchecked). Access point name - Airtel, APN - airtelgprs.com

Another member suggested me to remove and replace the battery and sim card, I tried that , but no luck.

I have also raised a complaint with airtel and they are taking their sweet time, I am highly frustrated :( , this is my first 3g phone and this is happening..

Last edited:

phooka

Broken In
Haven’t yet tried to root my phone (though I am sure would try it out sooner or later). However, I can share some experiences from a regular user POV.

• The variety of apps in market is astounding. Enough to drown in. it is a must to do proper research, check in forums before downloading the apps. Else the data limit can quickly get exhausted
• It is advisable to have a data plan with higher limit – at least 1 GB if you want to fully enjoy the android experience. So many apps depend on data usage (not to mention android ads) that this much of data usage will happen. A very useful widget to track data usage is “Data Counter Widget”
• Install SWYPE as the first download in any new Android phone. It is a MUST HAVE. I can actually type faster with SWYPE than with a regular keypad.
• I have tried out the alternate messaging applications CHOMPSMS, GOSMS, and HANDCENT. However, all of them had one deal breaker for me – hence had to come back to the stock messaging app (not to say it is bad). The dealbreakers for me were
o Chomp: too Obtrusive ads
o Go : Delivery report shows only number and not contact name
o Handcent: it is slow. Also does not show proper delivery report
o
If none of these deal breakers matter to you, please do go ahead with these. They each add lots of features to the stock app.

• Also tried out some alternate launchers – ZEAM, ADW, LauncherPro, Go launcher. Have found Go launcher to be the best “Free” launcher and am currently using that in place of the stock LG launcher
• I have tried out few of the alternative browsers – however am back to the stock android browser as the alternates each had one deal breaker or two for me:
o Opera: Very Fast but text reflow is not too good. Also hated the poor image quality even at best quality setting.
o Skyfire: It is SLOW. Of all the browsers used, this was the slowest
o Dolphin: Did not like the interface very much – it was too cluttered.

All in all, in my experience, Stock browser renders the web pages best, excellent image quality, decent speed and a very clean interface. Hence, it remains the browser of choice to me.
• One useful widget is “Battery left” which provides a nice visual representation of the battery statistics.
Will keep on posting further experiences

Sykora

I see right through you.
I'm thinking about getting an Optimus One (finally admitted to myself that I'm not going to be able to afford a Galaxy S/Nexus S/whatever), and I've got a couple of questions.

1. How easy/hard is it to go back to stock condition if you've messed with rooting and custom ROMs/kernels?

2. Is there a real chance of screwing the phone up by doing all this stuff? I can fix computers easily enough - phones, not so much.

3. Someone mentioned Cyanogenmod coming to P500. Do you have a source? I can't find any.

4. How good is LG's after-sales-service?

Forgive my numerous questions, I haven't had the best of experiences with phones in general.

axeaxel

Hello everyone! I'm new on this forum and I am glad that I now have a user name here. Recently I bought an Optiumus One. The first thing I tried was to connect to the internet using COnnectify on my laptop. I was surprised because it didn't worked. I read something about android that it can't connect to an ad-hoc network. Also I wanted to root the phone but I have software version V10c-OCT-12-2010. It will work with z4root on this software version? Aaaaa, is there another way to connect to the internet using my lapotp?

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
^^^ I think z4root works for this version else try the alternate method one-click root from XDA
And for internet connectivity try PDAnet from android market and follow the easy steps.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^^ I think z4root works for this version else try the alternate method one-click root from XDA
And for internet connectivity try PDAnet from android market and follow the easy steps.

will it? its V10C. if its europian V10C, its ok but if its indian (looks unlikely), he'll have to do backtrack.

axeaxel

Ok guys, so it worked for my software version. I rooted the phone. But now I still can't connect to the internet. PdaNEt it's only for Tethering which is a method for connecting a computer to the internet via an internet- capable mobile phone. I want to exactly the revers thing, to connect to my internet connection on my laptop with the LG Optimus. With Connectify-me it dosen't work because it creates an ad-hoc network. I found something here [Q] How to connect to Ad-hoc wifi network? - xda-developers but I don't want to do that because it looks complicated. Any other sugestions?

phooka

Broken In
Had a query about removing the bloatware. Once I root the phone using z4root, how do I remove the installed bloatware without installing custom ROM? Can I do it using Titanium Backup?

Top Bottom