The LG Optimus One Thread

pratik385

In the zone
Hey man how to add contact in message in handsent sms, i know click option button and then to attach, in that there is contact, but after selecting one or two contacts, what to do next ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Advance task killer is good or bad for Mobile ?
Coz ive read in AndroidForum, that its not good.

my friend sms me in mng time asking if task killer is good or bad (100% same question). actually if the mobile is loaded with crapware, use it (bollywood ji). but if using a clean mobile & Froyo. no to killing task. will eat more battery.

Hey guys I just installed #void delta over my prime v2 and I gotta say its effing amazing!. Totally loving it :D and I'm on 710Mhz now instead of 600Mhz which is a considerable amount of difference :D. I recommend you all update to that :)

AFAIK, void is stripped of most apps & is more like a advanced ROM (user can experiment with it). BTW, the 710Mhz OC had any noticeable affect in battery? & performance (i bet games will run at least little more smooth)?

BTW, which rom according to you is better? Prime or Void? did you tested Megatron?

^^ can it be done on original firmware? Coz I don't wanna install a custom ROM.

i doubt it can be. if not, than at least a custom kernel will be required (that allows this).

BTW, which rom according to you is better? Prime or Void? did you tested Megatron?

I tried all, prime v2 is the most stable, running it from a week and there are no reboots or card mount issue. I would suggest everyone to go for Primev2.

Also, have installed almost 60+ apps and 20+ games and my phone memory is still 130mb+. All credit to prime :-o

niraj87

Broken In
Hey can anyone tell me about the GPU of lg optimus one p500 vs. GPU of galaxy 5. One of my friends (galaxy 5) gets 39.1 fps on nenamark while I(optimus) get only 29 fps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The O1 is supposed to give 49 or 51 fps (not sure)...my LG GT540 gives 49fps

Hey man how to add contact in message in handsent sms, i know click option button and then to attach, in that there is contact, but after selecting one or two contacts, what to do next ?

Select the contacts and then press the left hard key (i.e. menu) and choose "end select"..thats how its done in handcent n i dont like it, too.

Last edited:

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Ok so now I'm getting wierd errors like " the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" :/. Seems like titanium backup is at fault. void worked for a while, and now I get this.

AFAIK, void is stripped of most apps & is more like a advanced ROM (user can experiment with it). BTW, the 710Mhz OC had any noticeable affect in battery? & performance (i bet games will run at least little more smooth)?

Well it itself is quite stripped of applications but I like how its customisable.

Well yes, the battery is drained faster but it lasts me from 9 AM to 12 AM on semi-heavy usage ( will have to verify again, will report back with accurate figure). so it doesn't make a difference either way.Going to stick with 710. some guys on xda even have it on 825 or something o_O but they're in europe with temperatures like -14 or so, so not gonna OC more.

Well I was gonna try 3D games but then this error came up. The GUI sure is more smoother though. everything feels much faster overall.

Btw I prefer Void. But that's just me. Some guy here before posted he'll stick with prime v2. You should try for yourself!. it's basically all the regular flashing and you just have to make a few folders on the SD card after that.

EDIT: I tried Krazy Kart Racing, It is a 3D game and handling feels much better after the OC and I can finally win some races lol

Dark_Knight

Broken In

Try "Go SMS". I personally feel that its much better than handcent. It's lighter, faster, free and no ads. And also the group sending is much much better than handcent. I have sent msgs to upto 50-60 numbers at a time... Give it a try if you want to send sms to group.

Hey guys I just installed #void delta over my prime v2 and I gotta say its effing amazing!. Totally loving it :D and I'm on 710Mhz now instead of 600Mhz which is a considerable amount of difference :D. I recommend you all update to that :)

Hey dude!! Can you please provide a guide of how you overclocked your device or some links for the same?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I tried all, prime v2 is the most stable, running it from a week and there are no reboots or card mount issue. I would suggest everyone to go for Primev2.

Also, have installed almost 60+ apps and 20+ games and my phone memory is still 130mb+. All credit to prime :-o

Void is also good one. just prime is easy & Void is slightly complicated (read the thread's first page).

Ok so now I'm getting wierd errors like " the process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" :/. Seems like titanium backup is at fault. void worked for a while, and now I get this.

maybe its cause of different kernel. did you backed up your contacts & other stuff while running stock ROM? i feel its cause of kernal.

Well it itself is quite stripped of applications but I like how its customisable.

read it yesterday. create folders to switch. the concept is good as long as ppls have time to read the 4 important posts.

Well yes, the battery is drained faster but it lasts me from 9 AM to 12 AM on semi-heavy usage ( will have to verify again, will report back with accurate figure). so it doesn't make a difference either way.Going to stick with 710. some guys on xda even have it on 825 or something o_O but they're in europe with temperatures like -14 or so, so not gonna OC more.

100Mhz OC is acceptable, but 200-250Mhz. that a serious NO. theres always the risk of getting something burnt. even a 100Mhz OC is not recommended but as 800Mhz+ is achieved, 700Mhz is safe.

Btw I prefer Void. But that's just me. Some guy here before posted he'll stick with prime v2. You should try for yourself!. it's basically all the regular flashing and you just have to make a few folders on the SD card after that.

yes. yesterday gave a good thorough reading of Void. liked it. Prime is good, but void is even better.

EDIT: I tried Krazy Kart Racing, It is a 3D game and handling feels much better after the OC and I can finally win some races lol

in void or Prime?

Hey dude!! Can you please provide a guide of how you overclocked your device or some links for the same?

follow these steps:
1. root.
2. install prime.
3. OC done or use a custom kernal. OR use an app. damn, forgotten the name but i guess it needs root.

niraj87

Broken In
@dark night

I had installed GO SMS, but found that it displays only the phone numbers of the contacts in the msg list, rather than the names of the contacts. If this problem has been fixed in the latest version, inform me plz.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
maybe its cause of different kernel. did you backed up your contacts & other stuff while running stock ROM? i feel its cause of kernal.

in void or Prime?

Well yeah void does use a custom kernel. But so does prime and it worked fine on it.

Nah, I backed it up on prime.....you think flashing stock rom, restoring there, backing up again then flashing void, and restoring again would work?( long, I know :p)

Well googling the issue tells a different story. like about switching operators or visiting a different country.idk. I tried their stuff and it doesn't work :/

The process com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. - Google Mobile Help

Well but that seems very much possible too, since my phone works perfectly fine on void when I remove my sim card/ turn on airplane mode. Wierd.

oh btw I had tried the game before OC on prime and after OC on void.

@dark_knight

just install void. It OC's your phone and you get the best available rom out for optimus one as of yet :D.here's the link.

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=887281

I know, it seems intimidating at first, but hey, since I managed it, why can't you?. Ask me for any help needed!

Dark_Knight

Broken In
@dark night

I had installed GO SMS, but found that it displays only the phone numbers of the contacts in the msg list, rather than the names of the contacts. If this problem has been fixed in the latest version, inform me plz.

Yaa.. I never had such problem.. and anyways the updates are too frequent. So such bugs are fixed in no time.

@dark_knight

just install void. It OC's your phone and you get the best available rom out for optimus one as of yet :D.here's the link.

[ROM] void. (#d, +modules, +gb th) | devoid. (#z, minimalist, +gb th) - xda-developers

I know, it seems intimidating at first, but hey, since I managed it, why can't you?. Ask me for any help needed!

Void Or Prime??

And what method is effective for rooting v10c version?? apparently i found out z4root doesnt work :p

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Void Or Prime??

depends on you buddy. Void is what its named. void. empty. its modular & a bit complicated. use what you want, don't turn on what you don't want. simple.

Prime is readymade type. everything there that you want. don't like than kick it out or turn off that feature. but i feel void better. less hassle & clean kind of rom. but ultimately depends on you. i'll suggest, flash Prime. use it for a month & than flash void after a more stable version is released.

And what method is effective for rooting v10c version?? apparently i found out z4root doesnt work :p

none. downgrade to V10b or you may try ADB. but i guess it won't work. OR, download a rooted v10C. sometime ago someone here posted a link to such a rom.

Well yeah void does use a custom kernel. But so does prime and it worked fine on it.

hmmmmmm, yes you right.

Nah, I backed it up on prime.....you think flashing stock rom, restoring there, backing up again then flashing void, and restoring again would work?( long, I know :p)

Prime (backup) ---> Stock (restore & backup again) ---> Void (restore) ---> no idea.

doubt it'll. why not use the LG pc suite to backup contacts? you'll loose the apps but thats a small price to pay.

Well but that seems very much possible too, since my phone works perfectly fine on void when I remove my sim card/ turn on airplane mode. Wierd.

really weird. let more members in XDA face the problem like you. than you'll get a detailed solution.

oh btw I had tried the game before OC on prime and after OC on void.

void uses an OC kernel? maybe i forgotten. too much load on my head.

shouldn't be a problem till all steps are followed well. & yes, 1 important part. check MD5 checksum. please.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Checked my md5checksum, It's the same as the rom creator posted, 2825009926663819fc61c84594c7005a. going to flash void again now.....

@sam btw do you have the optimus one too? I mean I've never seen you post anything about it, only helping others!

EDIT: Guys post about what games you play, please. I've only played a single 3d game on my phone yet :/.

BTW EVERYONE CHECK THIS **** OUT.

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk16SaTrEC8&feature=player_embedded

^^ guy running his O1 at 806 mhz. somebody told me now he's even managed 825 mhz stable lol.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@sam btw do you have the optimus one too? I mean I've never seen you post anything about it, only helping others!

for now using my 2yr old Motorola. was planning to get O1 in first week of january but got postponed for some reason. trying to get one soon.

^^ guy running his O1 at 806 mhz. somebody told me now he's even managed 825 mhz stable lol.

thats some serious OC. the mobile heats up? you are running at 2.5X speed of my current mobile. keep it up :smile:

siddhesh222

Journeyman
Well I've kept mine at 710 mhz, don't wanna risk. But that guy said he's stable at 806. But we should also factor in that he resides in europe where temperatures these days are below freezing point.

But another guy on erodov has it on 768 and he says it's quite stable, So I MIGHT consider that.....

Good luck with your purchase! I hope you get O1 only and not any of those galaxy's :p. Also gingerbread is ~75% complete for O1 :D :D (not official, xda.)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
won't go for any Galaxy. only choice is O1 for me.

a lot is coming O1's way this yr. Gingerbread, CM rom, OC kernals. BTW, keep the clock at 710Mhz. 750Mhz or above falls in danger zone. better not use/try such a massive OC.

gatsri

Right off the assembly line
HI guys,

I am planning to root my phone.. I got some basic questions

1.Say I root my phone and getting rid of all those pre installed app and If i upgrade the phone to 2.2.1 will the phone still be rooted?

2.After rooting the phone, see there any specific app to increase the OC? or is it mandatory to install a ROM?

2. After reading this thread , Void seems to be a better option. Can someone share the disadvantages of VOID if any?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. no. won't be. if you install official update, you'll loose root but will get back 100% crapwares.
2. it depends on you. but what i doubt is the default kernel will allow you to increase the clock.
3. just 2 disadvantage: no preinstalled apps, games (for some its a disadvantage) & some changes once done can't be undone.

gatsri

Right off the assembly line
Thanks Sam for the quick reply..That really helped!

WRT point 3, You said some changes cannot be undone, can you please describe more on this point with some examples?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thanks Sam for the quick reply..That really helped!

WRT point 3, You said some changes cannot be undone, can you please describe more on this point with some examples?

void. gapps-module (optional)
Includes what I think are the essential google applications:
Browser, Calculator, Calendar, CarHome
Google Talk, Music player, Movie player, Soundrecorder, Youtube
Navigation, Google Maps, Google Reader and Gmail
Voice search, Google search (+search key shortcut)

Name of the folder to create: gapps

Create the folder in void/settings/ @sdcard and reboot.
There is no way to go back, even if you delete the folder. Only option is to uninstall each application (you'll need a rooted uninstaller).

i mean this.

Top Bottom