The LG Optimus One Thread

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Man Hope your phone is working good now
I have a question for everybody here now. I have 3 roms, which one should i flash for stability and good performance which looks good
1.Void: Echo
2.Devoid Fanco v5
3. CM7, 6.3

would appreciate all your suggestions

I am on CM7 6.3 now... Looks good... a lot of options. But visibly slower than my old Void Echo installation. Maybe it is , but ADW launcher which comes with CM7 has slowed it down.

Void Echo is stable... but old... (OCT 2010 ROM V10A) Good battery life... very fast...

CM7 is very new... slightly unstable... Lots of customization options because it is CyanogenMod :)

Devoid Franco's latest release is also very fast... You might like it...

Till today morning, I preferred Void... it was really excellent...

Cheers!

varoon

Broken In
Would it be possible to Flash themes on Devoid Fanco theme, anybody has screenshots?
Im in favour of Franco one, but would love to hear more of people comments

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Would it be possible to Flash themes on Devoid Fanco theme, anybody has screenshots?
Im in favour of Franco one, but would love to hear more of people comments

I just installed MoDaCo's Gingerbread launcher on CM7 and the phone back to its state of pure awesomeness...

You can install launchers on any Android ROM... even on your LG Stock Rom. You don't have to replace your stock ROM if you are uncomfortable with it. Just install ADW launcher from the Android market and then you can get a load of customization options and many free themes.

Try it before installing custom ROM. Things can go wrong sometimes... like happened with me today. It took many hours to restore the phone...

Cheers!

varoon

Broken In
Thanks for info man..
But actually I am using Launcher Pro right now.. nice
But with customization I wanted more like Notification Bar and Boot screen stufff.
Any idea how i can do with stock rom ? Cos with CM i know there are many themes.zip which i can flash !

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Thanks for info man..
But actually I am using Launcher Pro right now.. nice
But with customization I wanted more like Notification Bar and Boot screen stufff.
Any idea how i can do with stock rom ? Cos with CM i know there are many themes.zip which i can flash !

No idea...

Andy just posted something very interesting... --- [ROM] Gingerbread-2.3.4-rc2 @2011-05-22-21.00+GMT0 - xda-developers

andy572 said:
year: my kernel rocks!!! after 22 hours of standby, there are 72% battery left :)

Next release: tomorrow (sunday) in the evening (+GMT0)

I think you should get this one... Go into custom ROMs with a big bang...

franciscofranco

Right off the assembly line
Hi everyone. I just found this on google and I'll just shed some lights of some of the things I read around here.

No idea...

Andy just posted something very interesting... --- [ROM] Gingerbread-2.3.4-rc2 @2011-05-22-21.00+GMT0 - xda-developers

I think you should get this one... Go into custom ROMs with a big bang...

The code that andy used to produce that result already is my v14 kernel.

For the people that flashed v14 and said that got stuck on the boot logo, it's simple, read the red warning on the first page, it's there since v14 was released. If you have the files, delete them and flash, if you don't have the files don't bother because they are not there, and flash. Easy as that. Enjoy.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hi everyone. I just found this on google and I'll just shed some lights of some of the things I read around here.

The code that andy used to produce that result already is my v14 kernel.

For the people that flashed v14 and said that got stuck on the boot logo, it's simple, read the red warning on the first page, it's there since v14 was released. If you have the files, delete them and flash, if you don't have the files don't bother because they are not there, and flash. Easy as that. Enjoy.

Hi Francisco,

Welcome to this forum. Thank you for creating excellent kernel patches and tweaks for everybody... :)

What I got on my phone yesterday, seemed like kernel panic. All buttons flashing... screen off. Had to remove battery, but the phone wouldn't restart.

I had your 13.7 kernel. But didn't install any Governers because I had no plans to OC. Already had setCPU @Max 600, Min 600. Maybe your kernel patch requires a smartass governer or something similar to regulate the kernel.

But its done now... I have moved to Mik's 6.3 Beta. Need to calibrate battery as it has drained 20%+ in 7 hours of standby...

Cheers!

rockstarmpm

Broken In
Hey,
I have ozone-wifi coupon(free with O1), but there is no hotspot in my town. Can I use that coupon in my town? Is there any way?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^If there is no WiFi hotspot in your town, how'll you use it?? You can use it where WiFi hotspot are available.

Anyway it's of no use. Mine is left in the box itself.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Mik_OS 6.5.2 is here... -- [DEV][UNOFFICIAL][ROM][stable:6.3/testing:6.5.2] CyanogenMod 7.0.2 (Android 2.3.3) - xda-developers

pratheekb96

Unemployed
whats the best kernel to flash on mik's cm7 6.5.2?????

hey guys, after flashing 6.5.2 i got this error -
assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
E:Error in /sdcard/AAA/cyanogen_thungerg-ota-eng.mik-6.5.2.zip (Status 7)

im thinkin maybe i shud jus go bak to 6.5 or 6.3......is der sumthing i need to wipe or do before downgrading????? pleez help

also, i noticed that the kernel version is still stuck at 2.6.32.39
does the error have sumthing to do with this???

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
whats the best kernel to flash on mik's cm7 6.5.2?????

hey guys, after flashing 6.5.2 i got this error -
assert failed: write_raw_image("/tmp/boot.img", "boot")
E:Error in /sdcard/AAA/cyanogen_thungerg-ota-eng.mik-6.5.2.zip (Status 7)

im thinkin maybe i shud jus go bak to 6.5 or 6.3......is der sumthing i need to wipe or do before downgrading????? pleez help

also, i noticed that the kernel version is still stuck at 2.6.32.39
does the error have sumthing to do with this???

Mik is reuploading the file. He made some error in "recovery updater"

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey can anyone please confirm, does ROM Manager works with O1 or not?? Or should I go with the manual way. I'm really afraid of flashing.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hey can anyone please confirm, does ROM Manager works with O1 or not?? Or should I go with the manual way. I'm really afraid of flashing.

I believe ROM Manager should only be used to flash kernel patches and other small flashing. For full OS install, I recommend custom recovery.

Mik is now including ROM manager by default with his CM7 beta 6.5.2... so, that means ROM Manager does work with O1..

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hmm, thanks. :)

And BTW which one do you guys recommend?? Clockworkmod or Amon RA??

BTW what is Thunderg?? Isn't is compatible with newer ones anymore??

BTW one more thing, I'd like to know, people says which kernel to use?? So doesn't these ROMs comes with Kernel?? Or is it like people want to move to most updated kernel?? Doesn't it require any modification on other parts of the ROM??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
1. As far as I know, Thunderg is AmonRa... I recommend it.
2. ROMs come with their own kernel. But Franco has some highly optimized kernels, which might or might not work with your custom ROM. So, better to install Franco's own ROM along with his kernel patch.

If you plan to flash Mik's GB 6.5.2, then there won't be a need to install Franco's kernel. But you can do it if you want to...

Cheers!

franciscofranco

Right off the assembly line
My kernel is a lot better than miks, you can flash it with CM7. The only thing that doesnt work is the CPU settings, you have to use setcpu. Apart from that is plain performance trust me ;)

Top Bottom