The LG Optimus One Thread

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
P.S. I am on Void Echo. Can I flash Franco's latest kernel? I have already flashed his P500 tweaks file... Is this kernel different?
franco.Kernel.v13.7
Cheers!

you can i think. but as always take backup. as the same kernel is compatible with CM7 so should support 2.2 too.

Did it...

1. Copied the kernel (2.4 MB) to the SD Card.
2. Booted to Custom Recovery AmonRa
3. Wiped Cache
4. Wiped Dalvik Cache
5. Wiped Battery Stats
6. Patched kernel
7. Wiped Cache again
8. Wiped Dalvik Cache again
9. Wiped Battery Stats one more time...
10. Reboot

Took a very long time to reboot. I got a little worried. I had Nandroid backup on my PC and thought might need it now... But everything worked out fine...

Don't see any change... but I am sure stuff has improved under the hood. Its been 4 hours since I have unplugged the phone from charger... Battery is @77% under heavy use (Mostly Browsing on Wifi, using Apps like Engadget, NDTV, Go SMS Pro, Gmail, and a bit of Gaming). That is excellent...

Cheers!

leo

Broken In
wht if i have to go to lg service centre to claim warranty ,

unroot my phone , and then recover all those crap apps from titanium
or
recover all those apps from titanium and then unroot my phone

and one more query ,
how to update my phone to next version without going to service centre
(my current version is 2.2.2)

letsbuy.com is showing , lg01 in white color ,
does anyone have tht,,

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
wht if i have to go to lg service centre to claim warranty ,

unroot my phone , and then recover all those crap apps from titanium
or
recover all those apps from titanium and then unroot my phone

do you have nandroid backup? if yes, just flash it.

else, restore apps from titanium backup. remove titanium backup. unroot.

and one more query ,
how to update my phone to next version without going to service centre
(my current version is 2.2.2)

LG PC suite or KDZ updater (risk involved. high chance of getting mobile bricked).

Don't see any change... but I am sure stuff has improved under the hood. Its been 4 hours since I have unplugged the phone from charger... Battery is @77% under heavy use (Mostly Browsing on Wifi, using Apps like Engadget, NDTV, Go SMS Pro, Gmail, and a bit of Gaming). That is excellent...

Cheers!

thats really good battery backup. by how much battery life improved? also angry birds without sound eats more battery than other games with sound :?

LG on Italian Facebook posted that the GB update for optimus one has been approved. It will take only few days now for the update to come. I guess we will get an official GB update by next week.

k4ce

Youngling
LG on Italian Facebook posted that the GB update for optimus one has been approved. It will take only few days now for the update to come. I guess we will get an official GB update by next week.

Awesome news to start the weekend

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

means more stable rom from Andy (or mik possibly) in a week's time? time to flash again :-D

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
thats really good battery backup. by how much battery life improved? also angry birds without sound eats more battery than other games with sound :?

Angry birds is certainly heavy... I don't understand how the old iPhone 2G can handle this game a lot better than an OCed Optimus One...

From my observation, battery easily lasts more than 40 hours with medium usage. On my stock LG ROM, I couldn't get it to last more than 24 hours...

I have noticed that a reboot at night before going to bed prevents excessive battery drain as many background apps close. On stock LG ROM, a night standby would drain my battery 10% to 15%... now its down to 5% with Edge and Sync on.

Cheers!

-----------------------------

means more stable rom from Andy (or mik possibly) in a week's time? time to flash again :-D

I am screwed... The phone suddenly went blank. Wouldn't start. So, I removed the battery and restarted it. Now, its stuck on boot loop.

Angry birds is certainly heavy... I don't understand how the old iPhone 2G can handle this game a lot better than an OCed Optimus One...

From my observation, battery easily lasts more than 40 hours with medium usage. On my stock LG ROM, I couldn't get it to last more than 24 hours...

I have noticed that a reboot at night before going to bed prevents excessive battery drain as many background apps close. On stock LG ROM, a night standby would drain my battery 10% to 15%... now its down to 5% with Edge and Sync on.

Cheers!

-----------------------------

I am screwed... The phone suddenly went blank. Wouldn't start. So, I removed the battery and restarted it. Now, its stuck on boot loop.

Edit: Now Franco tells me...

DON'T FLASH THIS KERNEL BEFORE DELETING /system/etc/tweaks.sh AND/OR /system/etc/00script OR ANY OTHER TWEAK FILE THAT CAME FROM ME!!!!!!! IF YOU DON'T DO THIS YOUR PHONE WON'T BOOT! Don't tell me I didn't warn you
franco.Kernel.v14

This warning was not there yesterday... Now what to do? I am totally screwed...

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
i installed the stock apps i needed by making a signed zip file easily..

but A2sd is not working.. flashed Darktremor's A2sd.. it installed easily but apps are still being installed in internal mem. then i removed this a2sd n installed Ungaze_data2sd n same thing it installed but apps are still on internal mem...

how can it be done?? now m having no other problem in devoid just that the internal mem. is getting filled up... any suggestions?

k4ce

Youngling

Edit: Now Franco tells me...

This warning was not there yesterday... Now what to do? I am totally screwed...

Remove battery ... put it back in .... boot into recovery and flash any ROM you want .... be sure to wipe everything before flashing a ROM

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Remove battery ... put it back in .... boot into recovery and flash any ROM you want .... be sure to wipe everything before flashing a ROM

OK... I guess that is the only option left...

Restored from Nandroid backup (after mounting SD Card). Restore successful.

But the phone still did not boot...

Flashed Void Echo again... temporarily...

Getting stuck on Android logo...

Tonight, I am going to GB Mik_OS 6.5

Flashed Void Echo again... temporarily...

Getting stuck on Android logo...

Tonight, I am going to GB Mik_OS 6.5

Ok... Totally deleted everything from the SD card and now reflashing Void... Lets see...

k4ce

Youngling
^ I say forgot all that and just go to mik GB beta 6.5 ... flash app2sd, franco's tweaks ... recalibrate battery and forget everything ... use your phone :)

multiple kernel flashing will cause trouble ... considering the number of scripts you are running ....

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^ I say forgot all that and just go to mik GB beta 6.5 ... flash app2sd, franco's tweaks ... recalibrate battery and forget everything ... use your phone :)

multiple kernel flashing will cause trouble ... considering the number of scripts you are running ....

I had Void Echo ROM file at hand. So, flashed it temporarily. I am definitely going to mik GB 6.5 tonight.

The phone is working again...

Cheers!

P.S. I am having trouble staying logged in into his forum. Tried in Firefox and Chrome... Anyone else facing this issue?

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Hey guys, anyone tried ROM Manager?? Are you guys Flashing Custom ROM Manually step by step as written in XDA?? Is using ROM Manager recommended??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hey guys, anyone tried ROM Manager?? Are you guys Flashing Custom ROM Manually step by step as written in XDA?? Is using ROM Manager recommended??

I am doing it manually... Using Amonra custom Recovery... Very easy process...

My System folder is a mess... so many freezes and boot loops today... any chance I can start from the beginning? Today was a very bad day for my phone... Hope its not a physical problem...

Tonight, I am going Gingerbread for good...

k4ce

Youngling
I had Void Echo ROM file at hand. So, flashed it temporarily. I am definitely going to mik GB 6.5 tonight.

The phone is working again...

Cheers!

P.S. I am having trouble staying logged in into his forum. Tried in Firefox and Chrome... Anyone else facing this issue?

Yeah ... forum issue with me as well ..

more importantly, i got bored today so flashed Andy's GB .... will post updates by tomorrow EOD ... Looking at the code, I am absolutely sure this will give better battery life ... So if you want, u can hang on to echo till then

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Yeah ... forum issue with me as well ..

more importantly, i got bored today so flashed Andy's GB .... will post updates by tomorrow EOD ... Looking at the code, I am absolutely sure this will give better battery life ... So if you want, u can hang on to echo till then

The phone froze again... and got stuck in boot loop again. Had to flash again. My beautiful phone is a wreck. Void's modules no longer work even after creating folders. So, I think it is time to test the GB waters.

There is no Mik's 6.5 link available... only 6.5.1 is there, which is buggy as you all have found out. I am going for 6.3 now...

Cheers!

P. S. Anyone's got a link for Mik's 6.5 version?

-------------------------------------------------------
Successfully installed CyanogenMod 7 Mik 6.3B

1. Wiped everything
2. Formatted SD Card
3. Recreated Ext2 partition
4. Converted to Ext3
5. Wiped System folder using a patch given on Mik's page...
6. Wiped everything again... just to be sure...
7. Installed Mik_Os 6.3B

:)

I am not sure if CyanogenMod requires ext3/ext4 partitions for a2sd. Seems like the feature is built-in into the ROM. Should I remove this ext partition?

Cheers!

varoon

Broken In
Man Hope your phone is working good now
I have a question for everybody here now. I have 3 roms, which one should i flash for stability and good performance which looks good
1.Void: Echo
2.Devoid Fanco v5
3. CM7, 6.3

would appreciate all your suggestions

Top Bottom