The LG Optimus One Thread

kaz

right here
【=CM10=】【=Aroma=】| ★★ EvoKing™ v1.9 ★★ |《 Rebellion © ✌ 》[=07-07-2013=] - xda-developers

download @androidfilehost

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Been using, Arjen 4.1.2 since months. Pretty good and stable ROM. But now I am thinking to revert back to Gingerbread.

What's the use if I can't pickup the phone sometimes. Or can't disconnect the phone since a transparent layer stops me to press that red bar. :/

Anyway, trying AOSPA 4.2.2 Bytecodes's ParanoidAndroid 3.15, before deciding if I should just revert back to the fastest and stable rom. :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Update: So, I used ParanoidAndroid 3.15 for 2 days. Its nice is some ways. Like inbuilt stop watch and revamped alarm clock. But have more of the bugs and limitations.

Most prominent bug is the absence of status bar after few hours. Re flashed the ROM. Status bar again dissapeared after few hours. So hard to see notifications, time and battery percentage.
Then, I can't group icons. Also it lacks customization settings to control brightness by scrolling status bar and overclock etc. Plus reboot sometimes.

I think I will revert back to Arjen 4.1.2.

Guys, any idea of a good *stable* ROM until now?

Makx

Game on
The jenkins build is quite stable, battery backup for me is 3-5 days on minimal use, everything works fine, even loudspeaker works in call, didn't check wifi, been using an old jenkins build for last few months without reflashing rom again.
android [Jenkins]
Give it a couple of days after installation to let it settle down.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Update: So, I used ParanoidAndroid 3.15 for 2 days. Its nice is some ways. Like inbuilt stop watch and revamped alarm clock. But have more of the bugs and limitations.

Most prominent bug is the absence of status bar after few hours. Re flashed the ROM. Status bar again dissapeared after few hours. So hard to see notifications, time and battery percentage.
Then, I can't group icons. Also it lacks customization settings to control brightness by scrolling status bar and overclock etc. Plus reboot sometimes.

I think I will revert back to Arjen 4.1.2.

Guys, any idea of a good *stable* ROM until now?

The jenkins build is quite stable, battery backup for me is 3-5 days on minimal use, everything works fine, even loudspeaker works in call, didn't check wifi, been using an old jenkins build for last few months without reflashing rom again.
android [Jenkins]

Yes, Jenkins Android 4.2.2 CM 10.1.1 is excellent. Very stable. Only one major bug (very high wifi drain, but when wifi is off and mobile data is on, can easily last 12 hours of medium use). Try it...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
android [Jenkins]

Yes, Jenkins Android 4.2.2 CM 10.1.1 is excellent. Very stable. Only one major bug (very high wifi drain, but when wifi is off and mobile data is on, can easily last 12 hours of medium use). Try it...

Been using Jenkins Android 4.2.2 for 5 days. Looks like found a perfect ROM finally with all the goodness of JB! :D

It doesn't seem to have any bugs that seemed to plague me in any of the previous ROM. ParanoidAndroid 3.15 was the ROM where I got introduced to some new features including new UI for inbuilt stopwatch and alarm. But it came minus all the customization that I could do previously with Arjen 4.1.2. Like swipe status bar to control brightness.

Jenkins 4.2.2 seems to have all the features which Arjen had minus all the bugs Paranoid showed!! :hyper:

Battery's good! (not tested Wifi). Speed is reasonably fast. Camera has new UI. (multilayered circular on screen settings?). Tethering works beautifully. I can access camera from lock screen in WP style. (swipe to change to camera mode, and swipe to switch between camera mode and gallery mode). And there's no apparent bugs! :bananana: (And I was planning to get back to GB)... :p

Thanks Makx and AndroidFan!

kaz

right here
Flashed the Nightly Build from Jenkins....Then flashed Google apps... And now play store doesn't let me download anything....
*imageshack.us/a/img827/3495/rxll.png

Tried clearing playstore data, cleared downloads data, also removed my google account and then added later. Nothing helps :(
Any solution?

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^ Why try to fix things which ain't broken?
I think Jenkins 4.2.2 is perfect the way it is. Isn't it?

kaz

right here
Its not a Jenkins thing....its a GAPPS mess.....Anyways I made it work now :)

battery life is not decent on Jenkins

Last edited:

pratik385

In the zone
Its not a Jenkins thing....its a GAPPS mess.....Anyways I made it work now :)

battery life is not decent on Jenkins

Agreed! I'm on Jenkins 10.1.2 and battery is not that good on moderate usage..
was charged 60% at 1:30 AM and was around 15% at 10:30 AM :(

Again chanrged 100% at 12:30 PM and currently its 69% with 2 phone calls of 10 mins, few messages and 20 mins of data ON..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Agreed! I'm on Jenkins 10.1.2 and battery is not that good on moderate usage..
was charged 60% at 1:30 AM and was around 15% at 10:30 AM :(

Again chanrged 100% at 12:30 PM and currently its 69% with 2 phone calls of 10 mins, few messages and 20 mins of data ON..

Wifi drain is enormous... If wifi is off, phone lasts 12 hours on medium use...

Top Bottom