The LG Optimus One Thread

kaz

right here
Whenever I put something on download as the screen gets off the, phone goes in sleep and download gets stuck or gets cancelled any way to keep my downloads continuing in background even when the screen gets off?

ajayritik

Technomancer
Guys my LG Optimus Net is behaving odd so thought of flashing it. Can someone give me inputs on how to do this?
Dude, there are plenty of guides on the internet and one is on TDF itself. Also, search previous pages, it is posted many times before. Don't expect us to spoon feed.

Sure will check on this.

i already posted a link in the Android discussion thread. you need only 3 things: KDZ updater, LG USB driver (may skip it if theres no mention in the link) and the update file with a *.kdz extension. now all you need to do is connect mobile to pc, fire up kdz updater, let it recognize the mobile (may take upto 10sec) and then follow the procedure of selecting a few options here and there and flashing the firmware. no need to hard reset or do anything.
Thanks Sam. Will follow the link and do as it's mentioned.
What would be the difference between Flashing and a factory reset?

Surprisingly I was able to get the auto lock feature back again and the battery isn't draining as fast as it used to be. Now the one thing I need to get rid of is
1. Auto Dialing by itself
2. Sending Auto notifications if someone

And the following problems got fixed which I had for the past one week
1. Home button is not working.
2. Phone is not getting auto lock
3. Battery is draining out much faster than before.
4. Date & Time settings are changing

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
What would be the difference between Flashing and a factory reset?

factory reset will wipe the mobile of all modifications but in case some files got deleted or modified, those will remain same. in case of flashing, it'll reinstall the OS again so even deleted system files will be back in place.

ujil

Broken In
I changed my LCD density from 160 DPi to 140 Dpi, in order to apply an xdpi theme... I really liked the 140 Dpi but i'm concerned whether it could cause any problem to the Lcd screen of my mobile... Is it ok or should i revert to default (160dpi)..?
Anybody help?

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just flashed Rashed's CM 10, JB v4.1.2. And it's super smooth! At least on a fresh flash.
But I can't set up Link2SD. Always keeps saying Can't create mount script, when I select ext3. I even did a reformat of secondary partition and converted to ext4, still Link2SD gives same error.

Is this normal on this ROM? If anyone can confirm!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
I flashed CM10.1 yesterday and it's super smooth :D

Faced the same problem like you. It's because Link2SD needs around 300kb in /system. And in JB (4.1 / 4.2) /system is full.

So delete some system app from /system/app (say CMFileManager, if you are using some other file manager) to free up some space. Then try Link2SD, it'll work fine.

Note : Refer [GUIDE] APK's, their purpose and safe or not to remove (big!) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com to get an idea which apps are safe to remove.

kaz

right here

Faced the same problem like you. It's because Link2SD needs around 300kb in /system. And in JB (4.1 / 4.2) /system is full.

So delete some system app from /system/app (say CMFileManager, if you are using some other file manager) to free up some space. Then try Link2SD, it'll work fine.

Note : Refer [GUIDE] APK's, their purpose and safe or not to remove (big!) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com to get an idea which apps are safe to remove.

Any other problems? Can I use it as a daily rom? By mistake I did a factory reset today.... So will flash a new rom tomorrow after my exams :D
And thanks for that link.

Any one interested in tablet UI check this:
[ROM]05-01-2013 ///PARANOID PERFECTION ///GENETPACman 3.0 /// TABLET UI AL 100 % - xda-developers

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

btw battery life?
i'll download build 2 today.

same stuff is available in my mobile guide too ;)
initially it was a direct copy paste. later written it myself to make it easier to use.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
@kaz, Well you can check the XDA Thread for what's not working and the Bugs. There are few bugs but it's usable as a daily ROM.

@Sam I'd post a screenshot later on to confirm the battery, but to comment on it, I need to use it for 2-3 days more. But all I can say now is Battery is fine to last whole day with moderate usage.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

Thanks man. It worked. Well, so finally I am on JB now. And didn't faced any random reboot issue like I used to face on hephappy's ICS.
Also, camera works, which is pure awesome!! :D :bananana:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Enjoy JB :D Me too enjoying it.

Hope battery life doesn't disappoints.

Hope you have fixed this patch : xda-developers - View Single Post - [DISCUSSION] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.1) by LGICS => This fix Seek Bar issue in Video Player / Youtube.

ujil

Broken In
140dpi is perfectly fine. many at XDA are using their mobiles at 140dpi
Thnx for the info... Does it affect performance?

I'm on genetICS 9.1.5... Wht amnt. of zRAM shud i set? 10% or 18 ?

Also,
under developer option, i saw Force GPU rendering. Shud i enable it? wht's it actually for?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Thnx for the info... Does it affect performance?

not sure. but dpi shouldn't affect performance.

under developer option, i saw Force GPU rendering. Shud i enable it? wht's it actually for?

read a long time ago that in android, by default only in games or multimedia the GPU kicks in. menu and homescreen is still software rendered. if you turn this on, even menu will be processed by GPU increasing smoothness but lowering battery life.

ujil

Broken In
Thnx 4 da info... Tht was very helpful... :) Does our GPU really drains tht much battery or is it within 5% in 24hrs time?
&, wht abt. the zRAM settings? 10 or 18 %?

ujil

Broken In
If i remember correctly, i read on some tips page tht zRAM shud be 10% (or 18, i'm not sure)... Few days back, whn i checked my settings, it's 10%, but the default is given 18%... I don't remember whether i changed it or whether it was 10% after when i flashed the rom... Could u say ur settings?

Also, my volume levels of calls/tones/alarms defaults to mid value(50%) after every reboot... is it normal?

Top Bottom