The LG Optimus One Thread

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Moved to Arjen's CM9 Nightlies... phone feels smoother than it was under Hephappy's ROM. Had to reflash GAPPS though...

pratik385

In the zone
Hi guys,

Recently I flashed TinyStream(TS) rom but noticed a very unusual stuff, after flashing Titanium Backup was already present. So I tried to back up apps it gives error and force close. After that error when I look in apps it is installed I can play it too. Whats up with this?

Also, Battery backup is not good compaing with CHARGEME. It hardly get to 22hrs whereas CHARGEME was giving upto 2-3 days...

@AndroidFan,
hows Arjen's CM9 Nightlies compared to TinyStream?

kaz

right here
i am on AOKP Milestone 6..
Its faster than Tinystream app drawer used to open after 10secs in Tiny :(

anyone tried ics dynamite with JB stuffs????

but on no ICS ROM I can use usb modem :(
though tethering and hotspot works better in AOKP M6

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Hi guys,

Recently I flashed TinyStream(TS) rom but noticed a very unusual stuff, after flashing Titanium Backup was already present. So I tried to back up apps it gives error and force close. After that error when I look in apps it is installed I can play it too. Whats up with this?

Also, Battery backup is not good compaing with CHARGEME. It hardly get to 22hrs whereas CHARGEME was giving upto 2-3 days...

Maybe, Titanium backup was successful and already backed up apps before it forced closed! :p Simple.
And are you kidding? 2-3 days backup on CHARGEME!? Did you not used the phone at all in those 2-3 days period?

gmg9

in the kaya
hav anyone facing this?
after watching 2-3 vids on youtube app (no hq), the phone reboots. this is happening frm da day i first install cm9-tinylight. fr some other reason, flashed this rom thrice. bt still same freaking problem :-( ...
so annoying man... i thought yt would work on our ics smoothly without hq enabled...
480/600 on smartassv2..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ It's a known issue.
Qualcomm have not released the drivers needed to enable hardware acceleration on our devices on ICS. There's a petition too for the same:
*developer.qualcomm.com/forum/qdevnet-forums/multimedia-optimization-qdsp/13248

But now that hephappy have stopped working on his ROM, I think it's time to move on to other ICS ROM's like Arjen's. :(

pratik385

In the zone
Maybe, Titanium backup was successful and already backed up apps before it forced closed! :p Simple.
And are you kidding? 2-3 days backup on CHARGEME!? Did you not used the phone at all in those 2-3 days period?

it happens every time man...
and yes O1 was mostly idle on CHARGEME thats why 2-3 days but on TinyStream its not even giving 22hrs on idle....

Nightlies feel faster... smoother...

will flash arjen's ROM then....

kaz

right here
hav anyone facing this?
after watching 2-3 vids on youtube app (no hq), the phone reboots. this is happening frm da day i first install cm9-tinylight. fr some other reason, flashed this rom thrice. bt still same freaking problem :-( ...
so annoying man... i thought yt would work on our ics smoothly without hq enabled...
480/600 on smartassv2..

better use TUBEMATE

kaz

right here
piccolo alpha3 battery backup :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-25-17-15-39.png
    Screenshot_2012-07-25-17-15-39.png
    54 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_2012-07-27-20-14-33.png
    Screenshot_2012-07-27-20-14-33.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 91

gmg9

in the kaya
1. my /cache/download is almost getting full. only aprox 9mb left. is it normal?
tried to clean cache frm recovery. no use.

2. today got another strange prob. fr last two days was not getting any sms. bt i can send sms. called cc of airtel. suggestd me to delete some msg from inbox. though i knew inbox n stuffs r ok. but deleted 100 msg frm inbox. again tried sending SMS ftm my sister's vodafone no to my no. still same prob.
then fr some reason was trying to take a screenshot, suddenly phones rebooted. after dat i rebooted again, bt in recovery, clean cache. and rebooted. now getting those failed sms. sms working alright.

anyone faced similer kind of prob.
in cm9-tinylight.

3. really confused wat cm9 should use. heyhappy stopped. tinystream has bad battery life. arjen has blocked his thread which he was continuing heps work. picolo nt getting dat good responce.

n nw cm10 started fr p500. in alpha stage nw. miui v4 2.8.3 ported.

end of da day conclusion. if u want the most stable rom with longest battery life fr our p500, u should switch back to official froyo. bt dat fr reguler user, nt fr freaking testers like us.. :) wish i hav another android ;-)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Messages not receiving is a direct consequence of low memory.
Use link2SD to transfer apps to second partition of SD card. I have installed over 200mb of apps and still my internal memory is 150mb left.

As far as ROMs of our phone is concerned, this is indeed a bad time. :|

kaz

right here
1. my /cache/download is almost getting full. only aprox 9mb left. is it normal?
tried to clean cache frm recovery. no use.
I have a only few apps on internal memory yet its only 50mb free..app cache cleaner shows around 20mb of cache but on cleaning it says 3mb freed :(

2. today got another strange prob. fr last two days was not getting any sms. bt i can send sms. called cc of airtel. suggestd me to delete some msg from inbox. though i knew inbox n stuffs r ok. but deleted 100 msg frm inbox. again tried sending SMS ftm my sister's vodafone no to my no. still same prob.
then fr some reason was trying to take a screenshot, suddenly phones rebooted. after dat i rebooted again, bt in recovery, clean cache. and rebooted. now getting those failed sms. sms working alright.

anyone faced similer kind of prob.
in cm9-tinylight.
used to happen years back with my Airtel Sim

3. really confused wat cm9 should use. heyhappy stopped. tinystream has bad battery life. arjen has blocked his thread which he was continuing heps work. picolo nt getting dat good responce.

n nw cm10 started fr p500. in alpha stage nw. miui v4 2.8.3 ported.

end of da day conclusion. if u want the most stable rom with longest battery life fr our p500, u should switch back to official froyo. bt dat fr reguler user, nt fr freaking testers like us.. :) wish i hav another android ;-)
Just downloaded gingersnap will try to stick with that .. downloading GingerBlurB now..

why dont guys here try aokp m6..its says wifi and tethering not working but actually works for me :)

gmg9

in the kaya
Messages not receiving is a direct consequence of low memory.
Use link2SD to transfer apps to second partition of SD card. I have installed over 200mb of apps and still my internal memory is 150mb left.

As far as ROMs of our phone is concerned, this is indeed a bad time. :|

frm da start using link2sd with ics. and my inbox is not dat full.

dats jst ridiculously strange. 200 apps installed n still 150 left in internal memory.
r u using reduced rom zip. n may be reduced gapps.?
wat rom u using?
do u move all ur app to sd card?

yea.. really a bad time fr our p500. bt among da devs rashed is working hard on cm10. hope he success. bt nt seeing any hope fr camera. bt miracle happens ;-)
why da hell every one just so crazy abt google now.!.! cam is way first in priority dan dat.

gmg9

in the kaya
I have a only few apps on internal memory yet its only 50mb free..app cache cleaner shows around 20mb of cache but on cleaning it says 3mb freed :(

used to happen years back with my Airtel Sim

Just downloaded gingersnap will try to stick with that .. downloading GingerBlurB now..

why dont guys here try aokp m6..its says wifi and tethering not working but actually works for me :)

i use history cleaner frm froyo. still using it in ics. u should try dat. and /cache/download is differnt i guess.

with me too on da same sim. bt dats just because of my inbox overload. this time its different story as far as i guess.

u should try oxygen. very stable n strong battery life. very less bug. perfect gb rom fr daily use.

m6 also has some issues.

kaz

right here
i use history cleaner frm froyo. still using it in ics. u should try dat. and /cache/download is differnt i guess.

with me too on da same sim. bt dats just because of my inbox overload. this time its different story as far as i guess.

u should try oxygen. very stable n strong battery life. very less bug. perfect gb rom fr daily use.

m6 also has some issues.

hmmmm thanks.... i have used oxygen and its ok..gtr was better and ginger snap is the latest version..

Top Bottom