The LG Optimus One Thread

gmg9

in the kaya
wait for IcyOxygen. It'll be the best if popdog can fix the bugs.

guess wat if in da mean time qualcom release da libs fr armv6, which we r asking fr desperately....hehe... all da focus will be on cm9-10... users will be like grayhounds..

anyways, till then really appreciate wat popdog is doing..good luck to him..

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
dats jst ridiculously strange. 200 apps installed n still 150 left in internal memory.
r u using reduced rom zip. n may be reduced gapps.?
wat rom u using?
do u move all ur app to sd card?

You misread me. I wrote 200MB worth of apps not 200 in number! :p
And yeah, I have enabled the settings "Automatically link to Card", so every app I install is automatically transferred from the internal memory.
I am using Tinystream. And I haven't compressed the zip of ROM or gapps.

gmg9

in the kaya
You misread me. I wrote 200MB worth of apps not 200 in number! :p
And yeah, I have enabled the settings "Automatically link to Card", so every app I install is automatically transferred from the internal memory.
I am using Tinystream. And I haven't compressed the zip of ROM or gapps.

aha! sry my mistake :)
i too chled dat. auto link.
is tinystream better dan tinylight? heard some battery issue abt it ...
i think i hav to del some app n files frm internal mem...

guru_urug

iGoogle
wait for IcyOxygen. It'll be the best if popdog can fix the bugs.

I agree. Till date after flashing a number of ROMS and trying every mod and tweak. I keep coming back to oxygen GB. Its plain, stable and untainted GB which I like. I keep it overclocked constantly @748 and my battery still lasts for a day with normal usage. After using AOKP ICS ,I no longer have to worry about battery and minor bugs anymore.
If popdog manages to get that level of stability in ICYOxygen then it will be amazing.

I dont have too many expectations with JB for our phone. Main problem is that the chipset is showing its age and is losing support in drivers. But still this phone has never stopped to amaze me. There was a time when I was skeptical if GB/ICS will even work properly on our phone :p But it kept proving me wrong. I will never forget my first android. Its taught me a lot :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I dont have too many expectations with JB for our phone. Main problem is that the chipset is showing its age and is losing support in drivers. But still this phone has never stopped to amaze me. There was a time when I was skeptical if GB/ICS will even work properly on our phone :p But it kept proving me wrong. I will never forget my first android. Its taught me a lot :)

Straight from the heart dude!
:thumbs: :clap2: :high5:

kaz

right here
which MIUI to use (the one you think is better and I should use) ?
[ROM][P500]MIUI.us v4 ICS [2.8.10][Alpha][Uploaded] - xda-developers
[ROM][MIUIv4-2.8.3][PORT] Kaio-Ken [x3][Multi-Lang][10/08/12] - xda-developers
[PORT/GB] V-MIUI HTX for P500 - xda-developers

I have just downloaded this now :
[ROM][Beta #1]Opti-MIUI V4 [2.8.3][ICS 4.0.4][UPD-8/11/2012] - xda-developers

few reasons I dont want to use cm9 :
1. I can't search for network manually, problem arises when I am on roaming with dOcOmO sim and it catches Idea or Aircel network..and I am charged for data even when having a gprs pack..outgoing sms 3.5rs :( and I have to keep on searching automatically untill it gets connected to docomo network :(
2. No usb modem :( have to use tethering and gets reboot sometime.
3. When on airtel I use only 2G network it keeps on loosing signal within few seconds only.
4. No option indeed to stay on 3G network only.

any solution to these will be of great help...PLZ :)

prasathlr

Broken In
anyone tried ics dynamite with JB stuffs????

I am on DynamiteJB, its very very smooth and gives me great battery also. Comes for almost a day, whereas all the Other ICS I used gave me just 12 hours at max usage (2 hours of music, Internet, Lots of messaging) where as this gives me for almost a day. I tried so many ICS build got fed up with the battery and Moved to GTR monster. This gives the same battery as GTR used to give with much smoother performance! :)

which MIUI to use (the one you think is better and I should use) ?
[ROM][P500]MIUI.us v4 ICS [2.8.10][Alpha][Uploaded] - xda-developers
[ROM][MIUIv4-2.8.3][PORT] Kaio-Ken [x3][Multi-Lang][10/08/12] - xda-developers
[PORT/GB] V-MIUI HTX for P500 - xda-developers

I have just downloaded this now :
[ROM][Beta #1]Opti-MIUI V4 [2.8.3][ICS 4.0.4][UPD-8/11/2012] - xda-developers
I have been a huge fan of MIUI based ROM's but unluckily all were heavy battery sapping ROM's so had to force to change over to other ROMs!
I was on MIUI HTX for p500 for a while, but recently switched to DynamiteJB ROm. The 1st and 2nd are still under Development I Guess when i saw it couple of days back, but the 3rd one is not stable but I can say almost. There are 2 bugs. USB can't be mounted and Uninstall Bug, the screen Freezes and reboots. Other than these Its perfectly the best MIUI ROM. THe surprising part was the battery. Came for A DAY!! MIUI my maximum was around 10 hours. I use my phone very heavily so I can Feel. Where as this gave me for a day almost. Maybe it has to do with GB Background. If you are trying then go to the 3rd one MIUI HTX P500:)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Anyone here using External Memory Card with their phone? Which make and class is preferred?

I think, "everyone" is using an external memory card! How can you use your phone "without" one! :p
And Sandisk Class 4 cards are the best.

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Guys is the camera working in cm10 for lg optimus
actually i own zte blade and blade will get camera only when lg optimus gets one(similar qcom arm6)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
not yet. a new build will be launched tomorrow so camera may work but for what i have heard camera will still take sometime.

kaz

right here
I am on DynamiteJB, its very very smooth and gives me great battery also. Comes for almost a day, whereas all the Other ICS I used gave me just 12 hours at max usage (2 hours of music, Internet, Lots of messaging) where as this gives me for almost a day. I tried so many ICS build got fed up with the battery and Moved to GTR monster. This gives the same battery as GTR used to give with much smoother performance! :)
yeah same happend with me too :) managed drain full battery within 6hrs only :p

I have been a huge fan of MIUI based ROM's but unluckily all were heavy battery sapping ROM's so had to force to change over to other ROMs!
I was on MIUI HTX for p500 for a while, but recently switched to DynamiteJB ROm. The 1st and 2nd are still under Development I Guess when i saw it couple of days back, but the 3rd one is not stable but I can say almost. There are 2 bugs. USB can't be mounted and Uninstall Bug, the screen Freezes and reboots. Other than these Its perfectly the best MIUI ROM. THe surprising part was the battery. Came for A DAY!! MIUI my maximum was around 10 hours. I use my phone very heavily so I can Feel. Where as this gave me for a day almost. Maybe it has to do with GB Background. If you are trying then go to the 3rd one MIUI HTX P500:)
thanks bro for the info...downloading both dynamite n htx :)....

check this *forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1825283

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
downloading too. its time i say bye to CM9 junk.

Whoa! So now CM9 is a junk!! :p

Anyway, IcyOxygen looks promising. But since I rely heavily on my phone I can't install a ROM which have many bugs as of now including:
Problem with changing network
No manual network search
multitouch does not work often while playing game for example in sonic
Camera: no panorama, video choppy, no video playback
Faster battery drain
etc....

Quoted from : Issues - oxygen-for-p500 - Port of Oxygen ROM for LGE Optimus One - Google Project Hosting

But it has my eye!! :p
And Over The Air Update app looks handy!

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^Well that depends on person to person.

I don't need Manual Network Search. Automatic one works fine for me :p I don't roam around much. So that's a odd feature for me.
Multitouch is not at all a problem. I stopped gaming on Optimus One long while ago.
Panorama is not a basic need for maximum. Atleast basic camera is working fine. And I never recorded Video with P500, so again :p
Battery is a main issue for me. But for now it's long enough for ICS. And popdog123 is using hephappy's Kernel.

So after he works out on his own kernel (Oxygen), I guess battery will be much better. So lets wait and see.

For now, I'm staying with Early Build Release of IcyOxygen :p

Top Bottom