The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
its not about guts. i remember there was some problem with the update process and has to be cancelled early. that also with a old baseband rom & unsupported sim. i was really scared but after 2hrs of fiddling found the solution.

congrats on safe upgrade. enjoy ICS :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Congrats :D

Now post your views and let us know whether 3G Data is working.

Well, can't activate 3G until 2G plan exhausts. Which won't be before 8th June. :(

its not about guts. i remember there was some problem with the update process and has to be cancelled early. that also with a old baseband rom & unsupported sim. i was really scared but after 2hrs of fiddling found the solution.

congrats on safe upgrade. enjoy ICS :D

After about 14 months of fiddling and expiring the warranty.. taking such risks have become your second nature. So I am not surprised! ;)

Btw.. getting used to the new interface. Typing is not the same without Swype. Have to install it soon.
And launcher of this ROM is something unique. It's not vertical or horizontal... but multi layered! Graphics are smoother. Storage representation is nice. But still getting light green line in Signal graph.
So mixed reactions. Will update more later.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Well, can't activate 3G until 2G plan exhausts. Which won't be before 8th June. :(

same with me :(
recharged with 2G pack. after a few days got the news of low cost 3G

After about 14 months of fiddling and expiring the warranty.. taking such risks have become your second nature. So I am not surprised! ;)

LOL no :grin:
i just do whatever it takes to get the latest piece of software in my mobile. but its not that i blindly do anything. if i somehow screw my mobile, dad will give me a red ass and maybe a blackened eye :p

Graphics are smoother.

When Alpha1 was out (i was second guy here to jump onboard ICS), the menu, screen, contacts, everything lagged so much it was like running the processor at its lowest speed possible. The graphics problem was fully solved just a few weeks ago with CM9 FINAL.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So after one day of ICS use on CM 9, here are some views:

*i.imgur.com/mOf3J.png

First of all the boot animation is awesome and boots faster (in just 1:34 min) than what I was using previously (CM 7.2, in more than 2 min). Second it has many options and settings that was previously not. Many new aspects of the UI has just captured my mind.

From the ability to insert shortcuts right on the lock screen to the ability of grouping up icons is completely revamped up.

Camera works flawlessly! And this is what I was most excited of. Since on prevous ROM too I wasn't even able to capture videos, which now I can do!

GPS works awesomely too (which again was not working in my previous ROM). And with Google maps apps navigation is just futuristic. Gesture rotaing the map is damn good!

There was a problem with Dropbox app previously. Used to crash if I tried to export items. Which again is solved in CM9.

Don't know if other apps have updated itself or that those have changed their UI because of ROM, but sure their are many changes. I don't like the default analog clock widget though. It's too unnoticeable. There's a widget section right with the App drawer which is also a welcome addition. Settings are grouped under sections. Quite thoughtful.

*i.imgur.com/aZW2J.png *i.imgur.com/ohV1q.png *i.imgur.com/hmZpQ.png *i.imgur.com/8IDwG.png

Well, Spirit FM have gone paid. So couldn't install it. I will have to try other alternatives. Sadly, I can't test 3G for the next 10 days. So can't comment about that.

There is a minor problem. Like it shows two different layouts of the contact list at the press of Dial button and Contacts button. Why two interface for the same thing? Blue and white combination just doesn't look good.

*i.imgur.com/Q3mP5.png *i.imgur.com/cXKe3.png

Also, I am noticing battery backup isn't so great. Maybe I will have to wait until it calibrates.

But except this CM9 is proving awesome! Leagues ahead of any ROM ever! Solving every issue with apps which I used to face earlier. :bananana:

Btw... here's the benchmark:

*i.imgur.com/lUjj9.png *i.imgur.com/oQfVZ.png *i.imgur.com/fXFE1.png

In order: With Sound, Without Sound and Quadrant.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
lol..!! I know. But that helped me understanding what works perfectly fine or not :p

Anyway, will be waiting for the 3G test from You or Sam (Whoever can recharge first.)

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
@Vyom which ROM are you using? I am using [19/05][CM9/AOKP][Customized ROM][Tweaks][Mods][Apk][Build.prop]ALL IN ONe - xda-developers and phone boots randomly.. :|

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@Vyom which ROM are you using? I am using [19/05][CM9/AOKP][Customized ROM][Tweaks][Mods][Apk][Build.prop]ALL IN ONe - xda-developers and phone boots randomly.. :|

Go to the latest Nightly bro... Don't need tweaks... Stock CM9 is fast enough... Or better yet, move to Hephappy's latest stable release CHARGEME -- [STABLE][ROM][CM9][ICS][4.0.4][29.MAY.2012][CHARGEME] Cyanogenmod 9, ICS, CAF Kernel - xda-developers

My only issue right now with CM9 is the random webview bug, where any app showing web content, like gmail, engadget app, facebook, etc, becomes blank. They have not fixed it in the latest nightly...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin

I am using which the AndroidFan quoted. Although looks like Hephappy released a new version and the thread is updated with that one! :D (Previously it was called "update-cm-9.0.0-LOVEME-p500-FINAL-signed.zip").

But I am afraid to try it. Since I am getting good response in the LOVEME version. I will try CHARGEME after taking a Nand backup of LOVEME! ;)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
downloading chargeme. was on the build released by arjen but a few things acting weird. on lockscreen the music player controls as well as clock appears. and apollo is laggy, a bit.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Go to the latest Nightly bro... Don't need tweaks... Stock CM9 is fast enough... Or better yet, move to Hephappy's latest stable release CHARGEME -- [STABLE][ROM][CM9][ICS][4.0.4][29.MAY.2012][CHARGEME] Cyanogenmod 9, ICS, CAF Kernel - xda-developers

My only issue right now with CM9 is the random webview bug, where any app showing web content, like gmail, engadget app, facebook, etc, becomes blank. They have not fixed it in the latest nightly...
Thanks! I flashed it just now. :D

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Can you please tell are you having this webview bug in LOVEME or CHARGEME?
Cause in my flashed LOVEME this problem isn't there.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Can you please tell are you having this webview bug in LOVEME or CHARGEME?
Cause in my flashed LOVEME this problem isn't there.

I had that problem in LOVEME... Its random... Sometimes apps work, sometimes they don't. The only temporary fix is a reboot...

It was also present in the latest Arjen Nightly...

I have flashed CHARGEME... I will post here if the problem crops up again...

-------------------------------------------

The webview bug remains in Charge me. Also, it feels slower than Arjen's nightlies...

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Just flashed CHARGEME. No apparent bugs. No WebView error either.
Also, some other minor bugs have also been rectified!

Will post if I come across any major issue. :D

The webview bug remains in Charge me....

A screenshot will really help. Since I am not facing this issue.

Neo

^^When someone open an email and tried to scroll or something , the content disappears, like this
*dl.dropbox.com/u/74830990/Screenshot_2012-05-31-17-43-16.png

Last edited:

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
^^When someone open an email and tried to scroll or something , the content disappears, like this
*photos-6.dropbox.com/psi/xl/my7PJK2JqHNzwAjU3ev1c9ugInKqAn5WXee0rWn2Hv0/74830990/1338555600/ca70f0a/Screenshot_2012-05-31-17-43-16.png

Exactly... A blank white screen... You open the gmail app, click on one of the emails to read, and all you get is a blank page...

Top Bottom