The LG Optimus One Thread

y2karthik

Broken In
Reloaded ICS not working with the latest Loveme version,system UI crashes.Really missing that awesome mod.Any help?

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

kaz

right here
give a rom's link based on ICE CREAM SANDWICH with working camera......
or you can just tell me the name too

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
give a rom's link based on ICE CREAM SANDWICH with working camera......
or you can just tell me the name too

[ROM][CM9][ICS][4.0.4][18.MAY.2012][FINAL][LOVEME] Cyanogenmod 9, ICS, CAF Kernel - xda-developers

Yay...!! Flashed New Baseband...Flashed Oxygen v2.8 :)

Everything is working fine :) Finally I moved from Adfaad's A8 :D

kaz

right here
[ROM][CM9][ICS][4.0.4][18.MAY.2012][FINAL][LOVEME] Cyanogenmod 9, ICS, CAF Kernel - xda-developers

Yay...!! Flashed New Baseband...Flashed Oxygen v2.8 :)

Everything is working fine :) Finally I moved from Adfaad's A8 :D

thanks
downloading !!!!!!!!! :)

but why that thread has been closed now ?

m currently usingthis rom
*greenbotzone.net/gbz-s3-rom/(official-thread)-gbz-s3-latest-news-and-updates-thread-!!/

check the screenshots here First experience with GBZ S3 and Screen Shot - Support Centre - GreenBotZone

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
^^To stop spamming. And that's the final version. You can discuss about that [ROM][CM9][ICS][4.0.4][WEEKLIES] Cyanogenmod 9, Android ICS 4.0.4, CAF Kernel - xda-developers (if needed)

@Sam Yes, because now I get a Stable ROM after A8, on which everything works perfectly fine. :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ you must be kidding. after 5-6 months you have shifted from A8? :O

*cough* Me too *cough* on CM7.2 ... :D

I became late just because I was catching up with my life... :oops: and also was waiting for some of the important features to work, like Camera. Now that it's resolved and that I have purchased an 8 GB card, I would be upgrading to ICS (CM 4.0.4) right away!

Btw... from the above quote:

What doesn't work:
- Wifi tethering & USB tethering, Offline charging: needs usb driver update from 3.0 kernel
- FM Radio: not implemented in CM yet
- Youtube HQ: needs OpenMaX(omx) libraries for armv6

So, FM radio doesn't work. Maybe the app - 'Spirit FM' can work. I listen to FM once in a while but this could not be the excuse NOT to flash new ROM.

And Youtube didn't use to work before also because of inability to run flash, so do the above limitation says that even the "Youtube App" won't work?

Also, I have other more important queries:

I will have to update to new baseband also (v20G). So can I say it safely that I can't revert to the current ROM (PerfectPeso, CM 7.2) since I would have updated my baseband to new one? (I want to know if Nandroid of current installed ROM can be treated as a checkpoint).

The CM 4.0.4 states in its recommendation that, "Don't use 3G network". :shock:
But I was planning to shift to 3G next month since prices have become affordable now! So any problem on CM 4.0.4 to be used with 3G? :confused:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
*cough* Me too *cough* on CM7.2 ... :D

I became late just because I was catching up with my life... :oops: and also was waiting for some of the important features to work, like Camera. Now that it's resolved and that I have purchased an 8 GB card, I would be upgrading to ICS (CM 4.0.4) right away!

Same here, simply waiting for the ROM's to be stable. Before this Oxygen 2.8, no ROM on new baseband was stable.

Now that almost all the ROM's are stable I upgraded to new baseband and shifted :D

Btw... from the above quote:

So, FM radio doesn't work. Maybe the app - 'Spirit FM' can work. I listen to FM once in a while but this could not be the excuse NOT to flash new ROM.

Well yeah Spirit FM may work.

And Youtube didn't use to work before also because of inability to run flash, so do the above limitation says that even the "Youtube App" won't work?

Youtube will work, but HQ (i.e. High Quality) videos may have problem, can be laggy due to OpenMax libraries.

Also, I have other more important queries:

I will have to update to new baseband also (v20G). So can I say it safely that I can't revert to the current ROM (PerfectPeso, CM 7.2) since I would have updated my baseband to new one? (I want to know if Nandroid of current installed ROM can be treated as a checkpoint).

Yes you can revert back to your Current ROM from the Nandroid Backup.

You also need to downgrade your Baseband too in that case.

So the cycle is:
1. Upgrade Baseband
2. Flash New ROM
3. If you like it, stay on it..!!
4. If you don't like the new ROM, Flash the (Old ROM) Nandroid Backup.
5. Downgrade Baseband, as your old ROM was for Old Baseband.

Simple isn't it??

Though I won't recommend to revert back to Old Baseband once you shift to New Baseband. If you don't like ICS, flash Oxygen v2.8.

The CM 4.0.4 states in its recommendation that, "Don't use 3G network". :shock:
But I was planning to shift to 3G next month since prices have become affordable now! So any problem on CM 4.0.4 to be used with 3G? :confused:

Well, I also have this query..!! Lets wait for ICS Users. With the 3G price being cheaper, I intend to use 3G only from now :p

BTW one more thing, WiFi Tethering can be achieved using a app. Check the Thread, many users have achieved it :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
last time i tested WiFi tethering on CM9, Wifi turned off automatically when i turned tethering on using app. maybe fixed in latest stable rom.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, I don't care about playing high quality video anyway. But it should support playing YT vids which comes handy some times. So, that is not the problem now!

So the cycle is:
1. Upgrade Baseband
2. Flash New ROM
3. If you like it, stay on it..!!
4. If you don't like the new ROM, Flash the (Old ROM) Nandroid Backup.
5. Downgrade Baseband, as your old ROM was for Old Baseband.

Next, your "cycle" have made me a "little" confused. Why is that one should upgrade to the new baseband before upgrading to a (new) ROM? BUT should upgrade the old baseband "After" flashing Nandroid backup (or after downgrading to old ROM).

Is this cycle of Upgrading Baseband -> Flash New ROM <-> Downgrade to Old ROM -> Downgrade Baseband is strict, or can I simply it to just Upgrade Baseband -> Flash a ROM?

Btw... I hope this ROM doesn't have any problems with 3G. Or else my dream of surfing on high speed Internet would be stopped even before trying! :p

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Now you are making me confused. Well I didn't understand the question of your strict part. But to your second question, Yes, you can Upgrade baseband and Flash a ROM.

Lets keep it simple, If you want to flash a ROM which is based on New Baseband, you need to flash the new baseband (before or after flashing ROM, that's upto you).

If you want to come back to Old Rom (which was for Old Baseband), you need to flash the Old Baseband (if you are New Baseband) before or after flashing the nandroid backup / old ROM.

If you are confused about should you upgrade or downgrade Baseband, the answer would be yes. You need to flash the Baseband (if you are not on desired baseband already) on which the ROM is based on, otherwise you won't get Voice Calls, SMS, Network, Data, WiFi etc.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Well, I already saw that confusion coming! :D
And so I had try to make it less confusing but maybe failed! :p

Anyway, but now I don't have any confusion. From your post it's clear that a ROM does NOT depend on baseband to install (or flash) rather the ROM depends on the baseband to make calls, send SMS etc... stuff.

And so a ROM can be flashed without the need to worry about baseband. And then later baseband can be upgraded or downgraded as required.

Thank you so much for solving the mystery for me! Now I can go ahead and jump to ICS finally! :D

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
That's right perfect. The ROM depends on baseband.

If you are on wrong baseband, Network, Calls, SMS, Data, WiFi etc. nothing will be available.

So you need to flash baseband depending on the ROM you are flashing.

Almost all ROM's (as of now) are on New Baseband. So you don't have to worry about changing baseband everytime. (If you are not going back to some old ROM from your nandroid backup :p )

Now the baseband can be flashed before or after flashing the New ROM. It's up to you.

But better practice is to flash baseband after flashing ROM, so that you can judge whether everything is working fine.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
don't play with baseband like that. Remember the app to flash baseband is made by LG which have record of making crap, not working but brick making softwares. One wrong step and you can't make calls.

and most important, turn LGE modem off from device manager. Leave it on and it'll give you a headache you won't forget for quite sometime.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Ok. I am performing the ICS operation on my beloved O1.

First step: To take backups of everything and Nandroid backup.

Sesond : To upgrade Baseband following the instructions given in the XDA thread (the most nail biting step). Please SAM suggest me, should I use my alternate SIM (the MTNL one which I have, but unsure of what K is it, since it's not written on it). Or just continue with the current Airtel sim which is 64K?

Third: To flash this ROM: [ROM][CM9][ICS][4.0.4][18.MAY.2012][FINAL][LOVEME] Cyanogenmod 9, ICS, CAF Kernel - xda-developers.

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
just flash baseband. it doesn't depend on sim. rather sim depends on baseband and during the operation mobile will be turned off. moreover funny sim is fixed in CM9 now. so any sim should work.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Best of luck @Vyom..!! Even I was afraid before flashing baseband. Don't worry it's simple. Don't be afraid.

Keep one thing in mind : No matter whatever goes on, don't disconnect the phone untill it shows "Completed". Also don't ever delete the nv2 file that's generated by the software. It's the backup of your IMEI and all, so that in case of anything goes wrong you can use that file to restore everything.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
i have disconnected mobile before it showed complete and typing the post from same mobile :p

BTW i am using 64K sim. from Airtel.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
lol..!! It's best practice to do that, because if anything goes wrong, you'll be left nowhere :p

Even you said to turn of LGE Modem, but I didn't do that...worked fine for me :p

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Whoa man! @Sam: You sure have guts.

Btw... I was prepared to take the risk at the time of my last post. And couldn't wait for your reply. So I went ahead... and even with doubts tried my luck on the same Airtel's 64 K sim.

To my amazement it worked like a charm. And my phone had a new baseband in just 2:38 min! But of course after I did that, network vanished for the old ROM. After that I flashed the CM 9, 4.0.4 successfully! :)

Will post my views about it later! Have a lot of exploring to do.

Last edited:
Top Bottom