The LG Optimus One Thread

Neo

i often open my fones and clean it....

though i didnt ever open my O1....
now its more than a year n the screen seriously needs to b cleaned....

is there any thing i need to take care of while screwing it :p
i m afraid bcoz i hvnt opened a touchscreen b4..... also m a cse student not ece of eie :p
I had opened my phone a month back. Nothing special to take care about.

funzuloo

Broken In
Im having a huge battery drain and i think its because my phone is awake all the time which it shows in battery stats.....and solution for this?

Neo

My brother recently opened his iPhone 3G to replace his broken screen and digitizer... But he couldn't put it back together... Its junk now...
Lol. I think i was lucky then. But i had watched the LG service guy opening my O1 last year when it was bricked. :wink:

Im having a huge battery drain and i think its because my phone is awake all the time which it shows in battery stats.....and solution for this?
Looks like every other guy is facing this problem. Its not a problem, rather i would put it as disadvantage of using a Droid.
First Reboot. If the problem is not solved, then try changing the kernel, ROM etc. Calibrate battery, maybe Juice Defender can also help. You haven't told which ROM you are on.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
From this morning my phone is very slow. It takes about a minute to unlock the phone and I encounter errors after it "LG HOME stopped working" "Swype stopped working". Its so slow that opening an app or even seeing notification bar is not possible. I have tried restarting the phone two times but it didn't help.

Help? :( :oops:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

wifi on? have facebook app? find which app is making the mobile stay awake. kick it out.

From this morning my phone is very slow. It takes about a minute to unlock the phone and I encounter errors after it "LG HOME stopped working" "Swype stopped working". Its so slow that opening an app or even seeing notification bar is not possible. I have tried restarting the phone two times but it didn't help.

Help? :( :oops:

try a factory reset. maybe the internal memory is full.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Tried that, and only change I notice is data lost.(I knew this would happen, had a backup). Phone still is slow as a snail.

OK, I thought of rooting the phone as I had lost all data anyways, so I tried SuperOneClick to root it. It rooted successfully and phone is now better than before(MAGIC!) :D Thanks for nothing!

I came to a conclusion faster. Phone has gone mad again. :x

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ maybe there is some problem with the NAND. flash a custom rom. if it fixes problem, then ok else restore nandroid and give it to LG service center. show them mobile can't be used.

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^ maybe there is some problem with the NAND. flash a custom rom. if it fixes problem, then ok else restore nandroid and give it to LG service center. show them mobile can't be used.

Trying to do that right now. First I need to install a recovery by downloading clockworkmod right?
I hope this will fix the problem as getting to LG service centers is very difficult :(

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^ try to avoid clockwork. try amonra. you may have to manually type commands or copy paste it but it is safe.
Oh ok. BTW Change this in guide too then: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobiles-t...tom-recovery-custom-rom-android-glossary.html

BTW Also tell me which ROM to install.. :)

From about 2 hours I am trying to install ROM Manager, but phone is really slow and doesn't take my commands :( And phone thinks installing BollywoodJi is more important than installing what user said to it. :x :x

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ can't. as this problem is mainly faced by LG users. don't know about others. strange part, most lowend samsung mobiles are not supported by rom manager. instead of showing the Samsung model, it lists Huawei and ZTEs. thats the reason only i am all my friends have custom rom at college.

And phone thinks installing BollywoodJi is more important than installing what user said to it. :x :x

:p

tmanikandan

The Incredible
^ that can increase the default font size?
I mean in everything?not just in the launcher?
BTW i just need to increase the font size in the contacts.

I am not sure as how to increase the font size of the contacts but you change the fonts with the help of Go Launcher.

pratik385

In the zone
@SAM
Man, tell me 2 things
Please give me link to donwload most stable ROM based on
1.Gingerbread
2.ICS
With their cons. (part which not works using above ROM)
and which kernel to flash.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
I'm using gamer's Talho ROM. Very stable and very fast.. based on 2.3.7 with cyanogenmod theme. links are on the previous page.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@SAM
Man, tell me 2 things
Please give me link to donwload most stable ROM based on
1.Gingerbread
2.ICS
With their cons. (part which not works using above ROM)
and which kernel to flash.

there is no stable ICS based rom. but as Qualcomm has released ARM v6 driver for Adreno 200, so soon (in less than a week) we'll have stable ICS. so wait for it.

Niilesh

Padawan
I am not sure as how to increase the font size of the contacts but you change the fonts with the help of Go Launcher.
Hmm..
Will look for some contact apps
BTW liked GO launcher, have read about it but used it for the first time

Hey guys i remember one more problem
You cannot sent data from BT to another phone, it will be stuck at 0% and afterward give you a error.
PS: there is no problem in receiving data
Is any app is required?? and why it only happens with O1 not all droids?
Note: have 2.2.1 firmware

kaz

right here
Hey guys i remember one more problem
You cannot sent data from BT to another phone, it will be stuck at 0% and afterward give you a error.
PS: there is no problem in receiving data
Is any app is required?? and why it only happens with O1 not all droids?
Note: have 2.2.1 firmware

that problem is solved in gingerbread....
also on foryo by an app called bluetooth file transfer you can send files via bluetooth......

also to increase font size and to change font style you need a rooted fone and there are apps on market to help u afterwards.....

Niilesh

Padawan
^ just rooting wouldn't be risky and time consuming(I think?)
Could you point some apps?

Also one more question
When you touch the screen the CPU usage shoots to 100%. Did this got fixed in any update or custom ROM?

Top Bottom