The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
What I noticed today was that my battery life too is very less.
6hrs and my battery from 100% is down to 40%. WTF? THAT'S EVEN LESS THAN YOU AndroidFan.
:mad::mad::mad: :(

I see very steep falls in my battery graph... Some of them almost vertical... Charging has become slower and discharging is fast...

Tried all sorts of kernels... Right now am on new Franco kernel 3...

I think battery drain a ROM problem, or I might have definitely damaged my battery...

Are you on A8 ROM? Or have you moved to new baseband and CM7 Nightlies?

Neo

I see very steep falls in my battery graph... Some of them almost vertical... Charging has become slower and discharging is fast...

Tried all sorts of kernels... Right now am on new Franco kernel 3...

I think battery drain a ROM problem, or I might have definitely damaged my battery...

Are you on A8 ROM? Or have you moved to new baseband and CM7 Nightlies?

I'm on new baseband from a long while, CM 7 nightlies 31.
A good kernel can solve all sort of problems . Let's hope that Franco or fserve does that.
And what about that fserve's kernel , which gave very good battery life, I remember something like that. Have you tried that too?
But there's also a possibility that you might have damaged your battery on that day cuz you are facing the battery drain since that day only. But the possibilities are very less, IMO.
Let me also move to the new Franco's kernel 3. :rolleyes:

Neo

how? just charging discharging won't damage battery life.

He's talking about this.
I am having terrible battery life... I am afraid I might have damaged my phone battery...

I was at a friend's place a few days ago. My battery was down to 30%. There was no charger there, but my friend had a wall charger which takes in batteries directly to charge them. So, I removed my phone battery and inserted it into that charger.

*i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MjUwWDI1MA==/$(KGrHqRHJBoE8fG12UzUBPP4Sd!3TQ~~60_35.JPG

After 15 minutes, I reinserted my battery into the phone... I was shocked to see battery level drop off from 30% to only 2%

Since then, battery has been behaving badly. I tried recalibrating it, but nothing works...

Either that, or CM7 nightlies + New Baseband really suck the hell out of my battery...

kaz

right here
flashed cm9 beta 3 today.....back on stock after few hrs....
exams from 2day :(

bt battery life was terrible.....

vl play more after sems :)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
I'm on CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG ROM.. Thanks to you guys. I don't play games on my phone but last night I noticed that the performance of the Google Sky application is very slow.. Is there some issue with this ROM?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Suggest the best kernel for cm7 nightly.

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Some people on XDA CM 7.2 Nightlies thread are suggesting ROQ V kernel...

I was having many FCs on Nightly 34 using Franco kernel 3...

Download it -- *forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=914292&d=1329912057

*chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=250x250&choe=UTF-8&chld=H&chl=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D914292

Klub Class

Broken In
Currently my phone is running on Ginger Crust v 1.5. Now planning to shift to another ROM. But then it has been a while since I have updated myself with new ROMs. :(

I would be happy if someone help me select a stable ROM with properly working Wifi Tethering, Bluetooth, GPS et al.

Thanks in advance friends :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ if you upgrade baseband then go for CM 7.2 Nightly build else check the PerfectPeso rom as those have old baseband support.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
New CM9 Boot Animation for Optimus One...

*dl.dropbox.com/u/57494286/bootanimation.zip

*qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=5&d=http%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.com%2Fu%2F57494286%2Fbootanimation.zip

[YOUTUBE]w-5Av_EVpyI[/YOUTUBE]

Copy file to /system/media/

Source: [BOOT ANIMATION] CyanogenMod 9 CM9 for MDPI Optimus One - xda-developers

kaz

right here
New CM9 Boot Animation for Optimus One...

*dl.dropbox.com/u/57494286/bootanimation.zip

*qrcode.kaywa.com/img.php?s=5&d=http%3A%2F%2Fdl.dropbox.com%2Fu%2F57494286%2Fbootanimation.zip

[YOUTUBE]w-5Av_EVpyI[/YOUTUBE]

Copy file to /system/media/

Source: [BOOT ANIMATION] CyanogenMod 9 CM9 for MDPI Optimus One - xda-developers

cool :)

Klub Class

Broken In
^^ if you upgrade baseband then go for CM 7.2 Nightly build else check the PerfectPeso rom as those have old baseband support.

The PerfectPeso ROM looks very tempting. Thanks for the recommendations. Appreciate it :)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The PerfectPeso ROM looks very tempting.

I am using perfect peso for quite some time now, and am very happy with it. Every thing from the transparent theme and launcher feels good. Battery back up is definitely one thing which amazes me. Easy to reach 24 hours with moderate usage and keeping data ON the whole time.
I can also move apps to card which do not even have been given support from the developer to do so.
Although I don't like the default FM player which is not able to tune to precise frequencies (it skips every alternate 0.1 megahertz). And I am yet to find any other FM player.

But, Overall perfect peso is really good.

Last edited:

y2karthik

Broken In
This ROQ V kernel just fuked my recovery and couldn't get pass the cm7 boot animation forever,now back to stock GB in a confusion whether to try CM9 or stick to CM7
Some people on XDA CM 7.2 Nightlies thread are suggesting ROQ V kernel...

I was having many FCs on Nightly 34 using Franco kernel 3...

Download it -- *forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=914292&d=1329912057

*chart.apis.google.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=250x250&choe=UTF-8&chld=H&chl=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.xda-developers.com%2Fattachment.php%3Fattachmentid%3D914292

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
wait for sometime. don't jump to CM9 so soon. theres a huge list of problems. wait at least till Beta4. colour banding & no camera are the biggest problems for now. also at times battery suddenly drops by 20-80% :-(

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
This ROQ V kernel just fuked my recovery and couldn't get pass the cm7 boot animation forever,now back to stock GB in a confusion whether to try CM9 or stick to CM7

WTF! Its been working fine for me... Very sorry for what happened to your phone...

How did you flash it? Did you use ROM Manager or some other recovery?

Klub Class

Broken In

I may sound like an idiot, but please answer my queries so that I can flash PrefectPeso successfully :

Firstly, my phone is running on GingerCrust v 1.5. The info in the About Phone says my phone has 2.6.32.9 gbs@goldenleaf #6 kernel.

So can I just download PerfectPeso v1.7a.zip file from *perfectpeso.x.gg/ and then flash New BasebandFix by adfad666 from the same site?

Or did I get it wrong somewhere? Please guide me. :)

Top Bottom