the lack of intellect

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
what defines intellect?

what defines the intellect of a society and a nation?

where does india stand?

what/how is the thought process of most indians?

are the indian "intellectuals" being able to influence the society? if not, then why not? if yes, then is it enough?

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I believe someone who is good at taking informed decisions is an intellectual person. I am not in any way referring to people who are "walking encyclopedias". The thought process of an average Indian is purely mechanical thanks to our "Education" System. The intellect of a nation largely depends on how the key leaders take decisions.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
what defines intellect?

where does india stand?

are the indian "intellectuals" being able to influence the society? if not, then why not? if yes, then is it enough?

really tough questions for me,tougher than the ones from exams.lol

Hrishi

*what defines intellect?
:-> Ability to use the grey matter inside the skull , to understand , analyze and take decisions that are not based on instinct or any feeling .More of a logical and creative thinking , instead of bookish version.

*what defines the intellect of a society and a nation?
:->I would say , its directly proportional to the amount of innovation[ideas] contributed by the society. THats just my 2 cents.My own opinion.

*where does india stand?
:->No idea about the stats. of intellectual ranking gloablly , however I would say modern Indian society is based on more of a step-by-step defined set of rules. Education system (on grass root level) , does not fosters creative thinking.
We are becoming slaves of materialism and our Desires. We do what we are taught. Most of us try to stay within the limits of thinking.

*what/how is the thought process of most indians?
:->Get into a good school.
Obtain exceptional marks in board.
Get into the top colleges , and earn a very good in-demand degree.
Get placed at top MNCs.
And enjoy the pleasures of life.

*are the indian "intellectuals" being able to influence the society? if not, then why not? if yes, then is it enough ?
->IMO , Intellectuals will always influence the society , no matter whether its Indian or Firaang. But the issue is that we have a very few of such intellectual people in India who think out of the Box.

The questions are quite tough to answer. I am not even sure whether my thoughts on this were relevent to what OP wanted.

tkin

Back to school!!
Waayy too deep, I'll come post here after I've had some recreational smoking ;)

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
what defines intellect?

where does india stand?

Right questions on wrong place.I hope you are understanding what i mean.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
these questions can not be answered in my opinion because i am not sure if we completely understand "intellect".there is a so called IQ & a so called EQ.just because a person has high IQ doesn't necessarily means he has high EQ too & vice versa.someone said above that intellect means logical & rational thinking not based on instinct or feeling but i don't agree.by this logic an AI would be the epitome of intellect & man like gandhi & vivekanand would be anomalies.logic can never be an end in itself without some feelings/instincts.e.g.feeling pain because of another person's suffering has no justifiable logic.it has no logical value to us if the suffering person is complete stranger & it provides us no creative input as such.however this does not mean it is a bad thing & in fact feeling it might even encourage creative thinking by providing motivation(scientist finding cure/solutions to problems affecting humanity).however this also means that a person can reject a logical way because of his/her feelings(e.g.religious extremism).so neither logic alone nor instincts/feelings alone can be considered as equivalent of "intellect" & if we don't even know what exactly is "intellect" how can we answer the questions here.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^well played whitestar :lol:

Now we search for the definition of intellect.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
yeah really, on quora, the word for intellect is software

been stuck at answering 1. from the day this thread was posted

vivekanand can be an apt answer to all the qs

Top Bottom