the Intel LGA 1155 motherboard thread

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@ico.. wonderful thread! I was trying to ascertain if it was worth going for the H67 chipset for my 15-2400 proccy or going for the H77 chipset instead. Needed onboard USB3 & HDMI options & the price difference is only 1.5K approx(Rs 5500/- or DH67CLB3 vs Rs 7K for Asrock H77 Pro 4). But I could not find any info regarding H77 on this thread. Any insights/updates which are India specific would be much appreciated!

Luv your work & appreciate the time & efforts that you & all members of the forum have selflessly invested! Thanks much, guys! :)

PS: As a new member, the random questions are improving my GK! Thanks to whoever suggested it-It's a pain allright, but like the GK!!:lol:

DH67CL(b3) @5.5K seems to be better value for money.

Full ATX board have more space to work with.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
The Sorcerer said:
How to use PCIe lanes circuitry designs depends on the company themselves. Spacing between the slots, around the processors, ATX type- decided by them. Intel gives them the chipset and an instructional manual, rest the RnD guys of the motherboard take care of it.

Let me add clarity you this time.

For Intel boards - Board layout, specs, slots, ports, etc. is done by Intel. Manufacturing as well as actual choice of components - Foxconn.

For other brands - What you said.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ Microatx. :-(
Also another fact to consider: is it available in India?

wanna get one ;-)

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Theitdepot - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard

commsanjay

Broken In
ico in his introduction:-

"H61: 4 SATA 2.0 3gbps ports, on-chip GPU will work, no USB 3.0 except aberrations, no support for Quick Sync, no support for overclocking..."

On Asrock website for some of their H61 Motherboards (H61MU3S3) it is stated that it has Quick Sync Video support. can it be true or will there be any caveats? how are Asrock H61 boards quality wise?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
wanna get one ;-)

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com

Theitdepot - Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H 32GB DDR3 Intel Motherboard

Although it is out of stock @flipkart, its nice to see some new Gigabyte boards in India.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ico in his introduction:-

"H61: 4 SATA 2.0 3gbps ports, on-chip GPU will work, no USB 3.0 except aberrations, no support for Quick Sync, no support for overclocking..."

On Asrock website for some of their H61 Motherboards (H61MU3S3) it is stated that it has Quick Sync Video support. can it be true or will there be any caveats? how are Asrock H61 boards quality wise?

ain't quick sync is a cpu feature rather than mobo's chipset - so any cpus having quick sync support will enable the quick sync function on any H67/H61 motherbaord which has video output port.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ if you have a core i7 2600 ( non K cpu ) then depending on your budget look for B75/H67/H77 chipset based motherboard but do let us know your budget to get the best recommendation.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
ain't quick sync is a cpu feature rather than mobo's chipset - so any cpus having quick sync support will enable the quick sync function on any H67/H61 motherbaord which has video output port.
When I created this thread while referring to Intel's website for everything, H61 doesn't support Quick Sync. Now many confirm it does support, but most low-end motherboards lack Virtu support. If you put in a discrete graphics card, then you need to verify Virtu support otherwise you're doomed. And now Intel has removed the Quick Sync row altogether from the comparison page - *ark.intel.com/compare/52806,52807 :/

Even a video port and supporting CPU can't be the criteria.

There's this Z68 motherboard. Lacks a video port and doesn't support Quick Sync. *www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3851

I have Asus P8Z68 Deluxe. It also lacks a video port but it supports Quick Sync,

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ so a motherboard with video output port is not needed for quick sync at-all - it depends on the motherboard manufacturer ?? so the only way to be sure is to read the specs page of motherboard ( for quick sync feature ) before buying.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ for a such decent budget you can get Asrock Z77 Extreme4 even though you don't have a K series cpu the features and future proofing this board offers is unmatched at this price point.

@ ico - thanks for the clarification.

ricky_pradeep

Broken In
Too many "motherboard for my i5-2500k" threads lately. Now ask all your motherboard advice questions in this thread.

LGA 1155 is the socket of Intel's second generation Core processors also referred as "Sandy Bridge." It is incompatible with LGA 1156 used in first generation of core processors.

I'll start off with the basics (in simple language) about the various chipsets first. (I'll add a list of motherboards and prices later.)

I'm stumped. Clear, concise information on the thinkdigit forum! I'd given up on the website considering what a shabby job the editorial team is doing on the website compared to the print mag, but it seems the forum is still backed by the enthusiastic community that has stuck around for years.

ICO, thank you!

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Biostar TZ77B available on Infibeam for 7.7K:

Buy Components in India | BioStar TZ77B Motherboard | Computers & Accessories India - Infibeam.com

For that price it is good value I think.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ great pricing - this is the replacement for the z68+ mobo they previously have IMO but many are still reluctant about suggesting Biostar and Asrock mobos

Top Bottom