the Intel LGA 1155 motherboard thread

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ for 4 way CF/SLi support may be - that's the only board on the test with 4 way SLI/CF support but as most people don't need this feature not many will pay attention to this for it's high price tag.

BTW, EVGA Z77 FTW has what kind of issues ??

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
hey guys!!
10k budget!! need a mobo for i5 2500k!!

will any z77 do?? the july issue has the list but is it specifically for ivy series??

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
^^ for 4 way CF/SLi support may be - that's the only board on the test with 4 way SLI/CF support but as most people don't need this feature not many will pay attention to this for it's high price tag.

BTW, EVGA Z77 FTW has what kind of issues ??

basically unless mr kingpin uses the board u wont get good results :p
overall perf issues....

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4.

thanks. this is what i had in mind[/QUOTE]
Or maybe you can also go with the ASRock Z77 Pro4 mobo which is a bit cheaper than Extreme 4 but has few features less as well-
ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

amruth kiran

also is this only for ivy? will lose performance if i use a i5 ? or i3??

for a friend of mine. a gift.

WILDLEGHORN

Journeyman
also is this only for ivy? will lose performance if i use a i5 ? or i3??

for a friend of mine. a gift.
Both
ASRock Z77 Pro4 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
And
Asus P8Z77-M Intel Z77 Chipset Motherboard
Will work on Ivy as well as Sandy based CPUs.
Also, i5 will obviously perform a bit better than i3 having more physical cores

amruth kiran

okay thanks. i'll send this mobo to him this week. with all your wishes too.

can anyone solve my own problem. i've made this thread.*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cpu-motherboards/159587-cpu-gpu-performance-queries.html

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
not unless its a binned one....

most of the time to make records ( like kingpin ) manufacturers send the Ocers the best possible gpu IMO and I think people like you has the skill to make records and make us proud ;-)

^^^^this would be the best choice IMHO
Asus P8Z77-M Intel Z77 Chipset Motherboard

for 2500K cpu don't you think M-pro is better ( though costs 2-2.5k more ) - the Asus P8Z77-M has VRM region heatsink but it's not covering all the vrms and this asus mobo has only 4+1 power phase design but Asrock Z77 Ext 4 has 8+4 power phase design with vrm heatsink covering all of the vrms.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
most of the time to make records ( like kingpin ) manufacturers send the Ocers the best possible gpu IMO and I think people like you has the skill to make records and make us proud ;-)

for 2500K cpu don't you think M-pro is better ( though costs 2-2.5k more ) - the Asus P8Z77-M has VRM region heatsink but it's not covering all the vrms and this asus mobo has only 4+1 power phase design but Asrock Z77 Ext 4 has 8+4 power phase design with vrm heatsink covering all of the vrms.

the M rpo is certainly better...but since he strictly needs under 10k i had to suggest this...
as for the manufacturer sending best possible products...it would have been great if the performance level of retail product is kinda similar to what is sent to reviewers and extreme enthusiasts...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
check this out :

MSI Z77A-GD80 (Intel Z77) Motherboard with Thunderbolt Review :: TweakTown USA Edition

chillnthrill

Right off the assembly line
@ico.. wonderful thread! I was trying to ascertain if it was worth going for the H67 chipset for my 15-2400 proccy or going for the H77 chipset instead. Needed onboard USB3 & HDMI options & the price difference is only 1.5K approx(Rs 5500/- or DH67CLB3 vs Rs 7K for Asrock H77 Pro 4). But I could not find any info regarding H77 on this thread. Any insights/updates which are India specific would be much appreciated!

Luv your work & appreciate the time & efforts that you & all members of the forum have selflessly invested! Thanks much, guys! :)

PS: As a new member, the random questions are improving my GK! Thanks to whoever suggested it-It's a pain allright, but like the GK!!:lol:

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, you can go with H77 chipset. ^

It is basically H67 chipset + native USB 3.0.

Top Bottom