the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

samudragupta

Youngling
yes luckily i do have extended warranty... thanks for the tip :) any idea what could be causing this issue? i haven't event used the laptop extremely!!

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
May be bearing issue........
My Laptop fan first failed due to my extreme care......:-D...I applied grease on its axis,as a part of my experiment....:shock:.I love playing around with things,and most of the time end up screwing them.However its the FEELING when my idea succeeds is what motivates me to carry on this crap!!! :evil: :pan::facepalm:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
^^ Great.Looks like your effort of cleaning the laptop has paid off...One of the main reasons I asked U to use XtremeFusion X1 was that it starts performing instantly-no curing time.

Okay,tell me one thing,when you opened up your laptop,did you open up the heatsink assembly??to clean up or do the mod which I had suggested you??

samudragupta

Youngling
who me?? i didnt do it lol... i had the hp technician come and do it for me... should i get the thermal paste you suggest XtremeFusion X1 anf ask the technician to apply it?? whats the cheapest i can get? thanks

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
So you are on the crappy HP's TIM,and getting 44'C??Great!!......Did he open the heatsink to clean the fan??

OH ****!!!!!!!
SamudraGupta.........Buddy I confused you with Prongs.......It was prongs whom I had suggested........Sorry for the blunder...Looks like I have to really sleep now........haven't slept for the last 40 hours.....:hot:

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
o_O 40hrs!!! what have you been doing?? yes he did clean the dust from heat sink... do you suggest i get the XtremeFusion X1??

Like a typical engineering student, studying at the last moment....:p

Yes you can try the X1....it sreally cheap and very good....

Did he open the heatsink completely/took out the fan etc or just blowed/dusted from above??

samudragupta

Youngling
Hey samundra gupta! How are you, bro? What happened to you dv6?
the fan has stopped working bro... and i got a blue screen error... had similar issues 2 months back and got it fixed by the hp technician...
Like a typical engineering student, studying at the last moment....:p

Yes you can try the X1....it sreally cheap and very good....

Did he open the heatsink completely/took out the fan etc or just blowed/dusted from above??

yes bro, last time he removed the heatsink completely along with the fan and then blowed the dust and cleaned it with some liquid... the technician is coming tomorrow... any tips for me pls guys....

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
the fan has stopped working bro... and i got a blue screen error... had similar issues 2 months back and got it fixed by the hp technician...

yes bro, last time he removed the heatsink completely along with the fan and then blowed the dust and cleaned it with some liquid... the technician is coming tomorrow... any tips for me pls guys....

Exactly.....your fan issue is caused by technician..........Apart from blowing air,never allow them to touch anything....Get your fan replaced under warranty

rider

as Kratos
This is the 40pin cable that is used in our dv6 2011 series laptops with 1080p screen. LCD LVDS Cable of HP Pavilion DV6-6000 FHD 50.4RN10.022 - LCD LVSD Cable - Parts - Computer
I want to purchase this cable from India. Any idea where will I get this 40 pin cable connector that fits on our dv6 mobo?

What is the name of the part number of hp dv6-6120tx screen cable? Because that model had 1080p screen and of this same series. I think it's cable with fit in my dv6-6165tx. Tell me if I said anything wrong.

Chinmay91

Insomniac
(Sorry for these questions, many people may have asked this before, but the search function in this thread shows up too many irrelevant results for "Windows 8")
Questions:
What are the compatibility problems that I may encounter if I do a clean reinstall of Windows 8 on dv6-6121tx?
Is the system stable in Windows 8?
Are all components working? I mean do we have drivers for all the components in Windows 8?
I am forced to reinstall Windows as I am facing lagging/stuttering issues in all games and also the DVD writer fails to verify written data causing bad sectors in all discs.
What is the recommended procedure?
Thanks in Advance :)

Tintin.92

Broken In
I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer. After that, the DVD drive hasn't been recognized. Can someone tell me what to do?

Prongs298

In the zone
i am sorry. i have a lot of good pictures taken during dis-assembly. but cant post them. bsnl broadband is out of service. and cant upload from my mobile connection. will do in first week of next month. and fallout 3 looks better than new vegas.

samudragupta

Youngling
Hi guys a stupid one here... When the laptop is facing me, which ones are usb 3.0 slots. The ones on the left or the ones next to the DVD drive

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
The ones near the LAN Port........You can also see Superspeed USB Logo below the ports...........
*www.kurokatta.org/pix/usb-superspeed-s

Top Bottom