the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

samudragupta

Youngling
I think this is not problem of hp actually i installed Android 4.0 on my hdd so many things gets worse, may be. :cry:

BTW I called hp guy he is coming on monday.
yes do keep us updated what happens
Just use "report" button (red & white color exclamation mark icon below your profile picture).

You never know. Be 'smart', it will last long.
well i havent made the best of the laptop yet and its been used only for movies and browsing... once i start gaming in a couple of months is when i will unleash the beast!!

rider

as Kratos
Tried system restore ?
I'll show this to hp guy he is coming tomorrow. :)

Hey Dashing.sujay and Rider..!

Can you tell me if hp dv6 6017tx , 6121tx are still available in the market(as they hav been discontinued).

will hp launch new laptops in india in coming months ? as 7010tx graphic card is really bad

and what is the exact market price of dv6 6165tx? (it is still available i believe)

6017tx and 6121tx are permanently discontinued laptops by hp.
I think 6165tx will get also in a month or so as it is a 2011 model.

hp may launch new laptops may be in around july (like 6121tx launched after 6017tx with better graphic performance)

IMO if you want laptop just for right now go with 6165tx or wait for a month or so dell is refreshing XPS 15 lineup.
And if you not in gaming much 7010tx is not bad for you as it is the only brand that has latest ivy bridge core-i7 in it.
Other brands like Apple, Dell, Asus, Vaio are lauching soon.

Last edited:

shitz7

Right off the assembly line
Rider ,
Xps 15 wont have gt 650 or sumthing..they are not really gaming centric laptops i guess..

So now i hav two options either go and buy 6165tx or wait for a new model to launch(by then if 6165tx gets dicontinued and if the new laptop has **** graphic card i am srewed .)

I really need help on this.

apurvcn

Broken In
It replaces the DVD drive of the laptop, and you can plug in an HDD in that so that you can use 2 internal HDDs in a laptop. Link:

SATA 2nd HDD Hard Drive Caddy for 12.7mm Universal CD / DVD-ROM Optical Bay | eBay

However, is there any store which sells them in India locally? The price quoted here is too high, as this specific models sells for only 10$ in US. :-x

have u replaced ur HDD with SSD.

Does 6121tx support SATA III SSD ?

Has any one succesfully added a second hard disk replacing the optical slot?

samudragupta

Youngling
guys today my laptop has been on for continuous download (movies), watching movies and browsing for the last 8 hrs and i just checked the temps, they are as follows: CPU: 61, motherboard: 65 & GPU: 54. Is this normal if the laptop is been used continuously? the CPU and motherboard is what concerns me. Normally in ideal state it be's at 45-50. this includes my wifi which is also on since last 7-8hrs..

Last edited:

NoBodyAtAll

Broken In
guys, have ordered a dv6 6165 will be delivered tomorrow...@58;000.....the dealer is giving a 4gb pendrive, a bag, mouse and headphones....

should I negotiate some other accessories or are they fine?

And yes guys kindly keep posting on any known issues.

As far as that BSOD thing is concerned....its most likely cause that I know is a Windows issue pertaining to its handling of USB Drivers. Looks like the windows 7 is still maturing with the new h/w....even when Windows 8 is just around the corner.

guys, have ordered a dv6 6165 will be delivered tomorrow...@58;000.....the dealer is giving a 4gb pendrive, a bag, mouse and headphones....

As far as that BSOD thing is concerned....its most likely cause that I know is a Windows issue pertaining to its handling of USB Drivers. Looks like the windows 7 is still maturing with the new h/w....even when Windows 8 is just around the corner.

Congratulations NobodyAtAll !!
:)
Keep us posted if issues occur !

:lol:

Last edited:

intel131

Broken In
The new ivy bridge processors are better than last years models. If you are not much in gaming (as u mentioned) get the new dv6 7010tx, It's better in general performance for editing and all. nvidia GT 630M is more than enough to play MS Flight Simulator X.

Is dv6 7010tx available in India(Mumbai) ?? Can I configure it to get 1080p screen ?? Can it handle games like Crysis 2, Asassin's Creed ,COD,etc. ?
Which graphics card is better nvidia GT630M or ati radeon 6770m?? How much does it cost??:-?:-?

rider

as Kratos

Welcome to the 6165tx family! :mrgreen: Congrats!
Ask your dealer to give some chinese coolpad

guys today my laptop has been on for continuous download (movies), watching movies and browsing for the last 8 hrs and i just checked the temps, they are as follows: CPU: 61, motherboard: 65 & GPU: 54. Is this normal if the laptop is been used continuously? the CPU and motherboard is what concerns me. Normally in ideal state it be's at 45-50. this includes my wifi which is also on since last 7-8hrs..

oh my god call fire man :hyper:
just kidding, everything is normal bro! relax

samudragupta

Youngling
Welcome to the 6165tx family! :mrgreen: Congrats!
Ask your dealer to give some chinese coolpad

oh my god call fire man :hyper:
just kidding, everything is normal bro! relax

:hammer: dont joke nxt time... lol just kiddin... thanx, i just got a bit worried... BTW how long at a stretch have you used your laptop without switching it off??

sarthak

In the zone

CPU temperature is a bit high for watching movies and browsing. My laptop is on since about 12-14 hours doing browsing, downloading and reading ebooks and ppts, current cpu temperature in 40s (using power-saving mode, max cpu 60%, don't know how much difference it makes).

ahmm.. 8-10 days :mrgreen:

:shock: Was it continuously on or sleeping in between ?

Guys, Which software do u use for getting ur laptops temperature information...
Because my dv6-6154tx get very hot when i keep it on bed or sofa, it feels very hot if we touch it !!

Tell me any Good software to get ur laptops temp.

Also,
Buy Asus K53SV-SX520D Laptop at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
Dont u think this is a very great and cheap deal??
Only prob. is usb 3.0 !! which matters, TO ME ATLEAST !

rider

as Kratos
CPU temperature is a bit high for watching movies and browsing. My laptop is on since about 12-14 hours doing browsing, downloading and reading ebooks and ppts, current cpu temperature in 40s (using power-saving mode, max cpu 60%, don't know how much difference it makes).

No sleep. I'm a cruel master :mrgreen:
BTW CPU always remains in 50s, it's a non-ac room

samudragupta

Youngling

im using it in ac room on and off
wow thats really cruel :lol: r u a student or do you work?
Because my dv6-6154tx get very hot when i keep it on bed or sofa, it feels very hot if we touch it !!

Also,
Buy Asus K53SV-SX520D Laptop at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews
im using speccy and its good. just google it...

sarthak

In the zone

Also,

I use real temp for CPU temp and GPU-Z for GPU temp.
The laptop's specs are good for the price, but add the price of genuine windows (home premium, ~6.5k) bringing total cost to 46k, and you get dv6-7012tx with a bit better specs and beats audio for 2-4k more. It also has 3 USB 3.0 ports, in case it matters to you ;)

You are really cruel ;)
But it may reduce the life of the laptop.

Top Bottom