the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

aniket.cain

Padawan
ok guys this is confusing now!!! so does that mean that i shouldnt use external speakers? and what about earphones that i use with the laptop?

You can use any speaker, and any headphone with your laptop. However, for best quality, don't use any software enhancements. Beats is unnecessarily EQing the sound too much, making it muddy and hollow. Listen to the same song before and after uninstalling Beats. If you still think it sounds better with Beats, keep it. That is a personal choice. But till date, I have found no one who would agree that Beats is an 'improvement' in any way.

Its Actually True !!
When i installed a new windows !!
There was obviously no sound plugin !!
And i played some songs !!
And normally, they were sounding very good !!
Seriously , I love this laptop, but, i should have bought the version without beats audio !!
it would have costed less, sounded better !!
:(

sarthak

In the zone
Beats Audio should be the 1st component you should uninstall when you get your hands on an HP laptop. When I first got my laptop, I was so disappointed with its sound, it was beyond belief. It simply isn't for someone who would prefer 'quality' audio.
And yeah, Beats headphone are quite costly. But they sound cr@p, and not at all justified for their price.

Is there a difference in sound in disabling beats and uninstalling it ?

rider

as Kratos
None. The default output is quite good, and it should not be marred with any 'enhancements'.

I uninstalled IDT Audio all checked the music in both, and same track in my Nokia 5800XM.
I would say the uninstalled feeling was decent and like any other computer.
And the beats audio is processed and have some sharpness in it. But we can't say it makes the audio crap, it's something different. I'll keep beats audio software.

aniket.cain

Padawan
Its Actually True !!
When i installed a new windows !!
There was obviously no sound plugin !!
And i played some songs !!
And normally, they were sounding very good !!
Seriously , I love this laptop, but, i should have bought the version without beats audio !!
it would have costed less, sounded better !!
:(

I was not aware if they were selling any version without Beats audio. :-?

@rider : i want u to answer my next question on these hp laptops Bro !!
I went to Hps Site, and the laptops i said were gone, are back .. LOL, how this happened ? Well, leave this question,not important (bcoz from now, i will always buy Asus )!!

1)HP Pavilion dv6-6154tx Entertainment Notebook PC (QG477PA) specifications - HP Products for Home and Home Office products -dv6-6154
2)HP Pavilion dv6-6155tx Entertainment Notebook PC (QG478PA) specifications - HP Products for Home and Home Office products -dv6-6155

In these two laptops, the only difference is A) beats audio and altec lansing
B) USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
C) Fingerprint Reader !

And the price Difference is 49,500-43,800 = 5,700
Do you guys think its okay?

Yes, i am having sennhiesers , watever the spelling is !!
They are the Best !!

rider

as Kratos
@rider : i want u to answer my next question on these hp laptops Bro !!
I went to Hps Site, and the laptops i said were gone, are back .. LOL, how this happened ? Well, leave this question,not important (bcoz from now, i will always buy Asus )!!

1)HP Pavilion dv6-6154tx Entertainment Notebook PC (QG477PA) specifications - HP Products for Home and Home Office products -dv6-6154
2)HP Pavilion dv6-6155tx Entertainment Notebook PC (QG478PA) specifications - HP Products for Home and Home Office products -dv6-6155

In these two laptops, the only difference is A) beats audio and altec lansing
B) USB 3.0 and USB 2.0
C) Fingerprint Reader !

And the price Difference is 49,500-43,800 = 5,700
Do you guys think its okay?

Yes, i am having sennhiesers , watever the spelling is !!
They are the Best !!

It happens, because hp might be updating or editing something on their website.
I would recommend you to go neither with 6154tx nor with 6155tx.
Go with DV6-7012TX, the new one for 48-49k from nehru place,

I was not aware if they were selling any version without Beats audio. :-?

They are, But onlYY with i5 !!!
:evil: :evil:

It happens, because hp might be updating or editing something on their website.
I would recommend you to go neither with 6154tx nor with 6155tx.
Go with DV6-7012TX, the new one for 48-49k from nehru place,

No no, i dont wanna buy.
I am having dv6-6154tx, dv6-6165tx, and an Old Hp Dv6 Series with core 2 duo !
:mrgreen: :-D

And wohh, 7012 is available within 49 !!! That Aussum !!

:facepalm:
and for what price you bought both 6154tx and 6165tx? and why both?

Lol, at the fig !! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Well, i bought one for my elder bro, then again my eldest bro bought one for himself (the better one ie dv6-6165tx)!

And the old laptop with core 2 duo, and some lower class 3 gpu is mine !!! :evil:
(though, everyone in the family is allowed to use anyone)!!
:-D
:cool:

Oh sorry, the price is
Dv6-6154tx- 49,500 ! the original price, now please dont say that, i bought it for high rate, etc ! i know, i was kinda dumb back then, specially, the first laptop i bought was this, so, i didnt check on internet or anything. i just went to market, asked for i5 with gpu, and bought this !! one guy was giving me this on 45,400, but my bro said no to that shoppe, bro said he might be fake ! i laughed and i said okay!!

Dv6-6165tx- 55, 900 or 56,100 ,i dont remember exactly, but i bought it within this range !

Achha. ****!!
Windows ki to no problem !
ut , bhaiya i need warranty, bcoz i keep breaking things of my laptops !!

/MOD: Kindly refrain from foul language STRICTLY.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom