the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

dsanandmca

Right off the assembly line
Hi, two days back i bought 6165tx. My question is can i partition my C: which is 684GB in size into 3 or more partition using EASEUS PM utility? If i do so does it corrupt the OS and/or voids the warranty?

dsanandmca

Is it possible to minimize any window by just scrolling fingers in DV6 6165tx touch-pad from top left corner to bottom in horizontal direction and close the window by scroll top left corner to bottom right corner diagonally? (As in sony viao touchpad)

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Hi, two days back i bought 6165tx. My question is can i partition my C: which is 684GB in size into 3 or more partition using EASEUS PM utility? If i do so does it corrupt the OS and/or voids the warranty?

Yes you can partition it using EASEUS utility and it not at all voids warranty.

Is it possible to minimize any window by just scrolling fingers in DV6 6165tx touch-pad from top left corner to bottom in horizontal direction and close the window by scroll top left corner to bottom right corner diagonally? (As in sony viao touchpad)

How can you even make that work on a vaio? I have one but I can't.

dsanandmca

Yes you can partition it using EASEUS utility and it not at all voids warranty.

How can you even make that work on a vaio? I have one but I can't.

Just check the touch-pad options. I did it in my relatives lappy..

you can minimize(top left to bottom left), restore(top left to top right) and close (top right to bottom right - diagonally) function by simply scroll fingers :)

antisocialbratt

Journeyman
DV6 6165 looks beastly on paper. Its a bummer that HP didn't provide a backlit keyboard. Anyway, it there any version of DV7 available with the hardware of dv6 6165?
I'd prefer a fullHD 17inch monitor with the specs of dv6 6165.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
DV6 6165 looks beastly on paper. Its a bummer that HP didn't provide a backlit keyboard. Anyway, it there any version of DV7 available with the hardware of dv6 6165?

Yes, dv7 is available, but not sure if its here in India. Check HP site.

samudragupta

Youngling
it indeed is a monster... but the dv7 series that you are looking for is not available in India yet...

samudragupta

Youngling
i have had my hp laptop for a week now and honestly i wasnt very excited when i got it home for 3-4 days. however after spending time with it, i have fallen in love with this machine... the only thing i hate about it is the display... i have experienced the service centre in Mumbai and trust me they aren't that bad; infact i havent had any issues with them... i had a compaq for 4 years and did visit the service centre thrice only... not bad is it?? the build quality for hp is also good, well atleast for now(maybe its too early to say that in my case). but i think you should still consider them....

faujibrat

i have been unable to use a program to detect my gpu temp, stuff like real temp does not detect my cpu temp, any help would be really appreciated

Prongs298

In the zone
oi rider, my 6 months old laptop which is almost exactly the same as yours shows only 6% battery wear level. and the battery life it offers is around 3hrs 45mins on average. maybe you have left the ati discrete gfx on or have set the cpu frequency to more than 780 mhz (btw that is pretty low and in fact the lowest this i7 will go, but still enough for daily tasks).

rider

as Kratos
oi rider, my 6 months old laptop which is almost exactly the same as yours shows only 6% battery wear level. and the battery life it offers is around 3hrs 45mins on average. maybe you have left the ati discrete gfx on or have set the cpu frequency to more than 780 mhz (btw that is pretty low and in fact the lowest this i7 will go, but still enough for daily tasks).

No, I'm using power saving GPU
What is the affect of water level in battery? Is higher percentage better?
And how can I change cpu frequency ?

Top Bottom