the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
I having continuous system resets. Also a new problem started these days. Maybe this problem is related to graphics driver, so I did updated the AMD driver from the HP site. Actually I updated all the drivers. And the old problem is driving me nuts.
Here is the picture of my display(happening sometimes)
*s18.postimage.org/npz4nhz49/IMG_0643.jpg

Old problem was that I'm having an Event 37 error:
Source:Kernel-Processor-Power, Task Category:(7)
eg1. "The speed of processor 5 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report."
er2.The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

Event 219 error: Kernal Pnp
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_138A&PID_0018\56548615d81d.

Whether on battery or on AC it doesn't matter. It's not being just "off" by a power failure, but being restarted. Anyone got any solution for this?

tapanflame

Right off the assembly line
as per the reviews of 6770M Graphic card, it is able to withstand with the games coming upto next 1-2 years.
ofcourse you wont be able to play all games on ultra settings but on mid/low setting they will work fine.

I have 6165tx with 6770 2GB card & all games like NFS RUN, GTA4 working fine.

Dell's only high end laptops are good in build quality. the inspiron & vostro series are not that good. If you want to go for a overpriced but better laptop then go for Dell XPS or Alienware series.

Consider Asus K53SV also. A very good laptop in under 50K.

heating is common issue in all gaming laptops. As I used to play games for long duration I haven't found any heating problem in my laptop....thanks to the HP cool sense technology....on a safe side u can opt for a cooling pad too.....

thank you sidharth....i will go for hp dv6 6140tx...any idea about hp customer care??is it that bad??

I having continuous system resets. Also a new problem started these days. Maybe this problem is related to graphics driver, so I did updated the AMD driver from the HP site. Actually I updated all the drivers. And the old problem is driving me nuts.
Here is the picture of my display(happening sometimes)
*s18.postimage.org/npz4nhz49/IMG_0643.jpg

Old problem was that I'm having an Event 37 error:
Source:Kernel-Processor-Power, Task Category:(7)
eg1. "The speed of processor 5 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report."
er2.The speed of processor 1 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 71 seconds since the last report.

Event 219 error: Kernal Pnp
The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_138A&PID_0018\56548615d81d.

Whether on battery or on AC it doesn't matter. It's not being just "off" by a power failure, but being restarted. Anyone got any solution for this?

try these links.
Help: CPU speed limited with SpeedStep turned on - Lenovo Community

*forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gami...s-g51j-x-cpu-throttling-investigation-21.html

As per this link this issue is due to the underpowered charger. May be you can also try to use a charger with higher capacity.

May be the answers of Microsoft given on this issue can help u more
*answers.microsoft.com/en-us/window...fa-48e3-8e74-70be9fd67017?tab=AllReplies#tabs

Last edited:

d3b

ALIEN_NiBuRu_11111000010
try these links.
Help: CPU speed limited with SpeedStep turned on - Lenovo Community

[Fixed/Workaround] Asus G51J(x) CPU throttling investigation - Page 21

As per this link this issue is due to the underpowered charger. May be you can also try to use a charger with higher capacity.

May be the answers of Microsoft given on this issue can help u more
The speed of processor 0 in group 0 is being limited by system - Microsoft Answers

DV6-6165tx ships with a 120watt charger. I'm on a home UPS too. Thanks for the references, I already tried some. Mayb HP over XPS was not a very good decision. :'(

Chinmay91

Insomniac
I'm using the hp pavilion dv6-6121 tx.I would like to know if the "feel" of the keyboard is the same when you press keys at the left and right ends.
For example, when pressing the '0' or '2' keys on the num pad, the keyboard goes in a little and comes back, it feels like it is loose.
Is this normal and can it be tightened?

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I'm using the hp pavilion dv6-6121 tx.I would like to know if the "feel" of the keyboard is the same when you press keys at the left and right ends.
For example, when pressing the '0' or '2' keys on the num pad, the keyboard goes in a little and comes back, it feels like it is loose.
Is this normal and can it be tightened?

Its not unusual. its called keyboard flex. AFAIK, there is no quick fix for this particular issue. Its annoying, but its pretty common too.

saurav_wow

Broken In
Hey Saurav, thanks for brilliant suggestions.
I did check on all the power points in my house including heavy load point also but this leakage current issue is common with all points.

You wrote that "So what I did was to just pull a wire from the earthing point to the point that i use for my laptop and solved (no more electrical discharge)."
Can you pls let me know in detail how exactly you did it.

well ..you need atleast one power point where the earthing is working..
either use the power point (with earthing) to power your laptop (you can use extentions)OR
just connect a single wire to the earthing point(on the earth-working power outlet) to the earthing point (on the non-earth working power outlet) and you should be OK to power your laptop on the (now-connected/previously non earth power outlet)

I used 2 multiple pin plugs to achieve the same. i will add some pictures if I can when I get back home..

Last edited:

tusharkeshri

Broken In
is a now a proud owner of hp dv6 6165 tx.

Guys bought h p dv6 6165 tx yesterday when i tried to play COD 1 it say could not load opengl make sure that you have latest drivers ,first i tried with amd graphics and second with intel graphics but the problem remained the same

vickyrathore

Broken In
is a now a proud owner of hp dv6 6165 tx.

Guys bought h p dv6 6165 tx yesterday when i tried to play COD 1 it say could not load opengl make sure that you have latest drivers ,first i tried with amd graphics and second with intel graphics but the problem remained the same

congrats bro.,enjoy:wink:

Chinmay91

Insomniac
Its not unusual. its called keyboard flex. AFAIK, there is no quick fix for this particular issue. Its annoying, but its pretty common too.

There was a small paper clip that was placed just behind the back panel.May be it was placed there with the intention of reducing the keyboard flex.

@dsanandmca,
It does not have a back-lit keyboard, but has a Gigabit Ethernet port.Its cost in Chennai was Rs.60,000 a month ago.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
There was a small paper clip that was placed just behind the back panel.May be it was placed there with the intention of reducing the keyboard flex.

Very much possible... But have you had your laptop opened before?
I mean one doesn't just happen to find a paperclip under the keyboard of a new laptop...

sarathsnair

Journeyman
i have a problem in my 6121tx. i updated the bios version to F1B. whenever i change the graphics mode to dynamic to fixed or vice versa and, on saving the settings the laptop suddenly goes to power off and doesnt restart. i dont know how it is happen. i just reopen the bios again and it shows the previous save and quit dialogue box. their i can save the settings and laptop get restarted. But on the next time when i change the graphics mode the same thing happen. i got fear and confused wheather it is a hardware issue. pls help me

Chinmay91

Insomniac
Very much possible... But have you had your laptop opened before?
I mean one doesn't just happen to find a paperclip under the keyboard of a new laptop...

No.It was the first time that I opened my laptop.Isn't it a bit strange?
Also, the two USB 2.0 ports at the right are not tight enough, I mean a slight push at any device connected there can result in disconnection or "One of the USB devices has malfunctioned" error.This is also an annoying problem.

rajul0616

Broken In
Battery Wear 5 % in one week :'(

First of all ...thank u all of u for such an awesome thread,helped me a lot to configure my hpdv6-6165tx .
Guyz i bought my laptop a week ago and today its showing a battery wear 5 % ...Plz tell me what to do.??
How can i increase my battery performance ??
And also i need help with Hp Simple pass ..plz give me the link to the latest version.

vickyrathore

Broken In
Re: Battery Wear 5 % in one week :'(

First of all ...thank u all of u for such an awesome thread,helped me a lot to configure my hpdv6-6165tx .
Guyz i bought my laptop a week ago and today its showing a battery wear 5 % ...Plz tell me what to do.??
How can i increase my battery performance ??
And also i need help with Hp Simple pass ..plz give me the link to the latest version.

no need to worry about battery wear it's ok for laptops.
To enhance the performance just use Intel Graphics.To do that right click on desktop and select "configure switchable graphics" and click Power Saving GPU and do ur work.Change to ATI if ur really need that(during designing or gaming) & Try using laptop most time on battery.
And at last link to all the drivers is
Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)

To download HP simple pass go to "Software-Security" in tree structure.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
No.It was the first time that I opened my laptop.Isn't it a bit strange?
Also, the two USB 2.0 ports at the right are not tight enough, I mean a slight push at any device connected there can result in disconnection or "One of the USB devices has malfunctioned" error.This is also an annoying problem.

Yep. Strange indeed. If there is no issue with the laptop and you have the bill. then I'd say nothing to worry. And the USB port issue is probably due to the device connected. I have seen it on mine. I just have a KB thats about to die. No fault of the laptop. could be the same in yours too...

BTW, did you just say you opened the laptop yourself ? Why?

no need to worry about battery wear it's ok for laptops.
To enhance the performance just use Intel Graphics.To do that right click on desktop and select "configure switchable graphics" and click Power Saving GPU and do ur work.Change to ATI if ur really need that(during designing or gaming) & Try using laptop most time on battery.
And at last link to all the drivers is
Software & Driver Downloads HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)

To download HP simple pass go to "Software-Security" in tree structure.

Do NOT use the laptop on battery most of the time, especially not if running heavy stuff. an hour of light battery load once a day or every two days is more like it... Remember there are no hard and fast rules. And dont worry about the battery wear. the more concerned you are, the faster it seems to wear :rolleyes:

rahul3221

Broken In
Hey guys...Anyone tried Windows 8 dev/consumer preview...
If yes, do the graphic and other drivers work with it, and what about switchable graphics...will it work...?

Top Bottom